inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Searching for 80's one hit wonder

Written By: Andrew on 08/06/04 at 9:25 pm

This is kind of a needle in the haystack thing, but I'm looking for the name of a female vocalist from the mid to late 80's who had a one hit wonder song that MTV also made a video of. I think she was either Native American, Alaskan, or Canadian, because the video was shot on an Indian reservation, in B&W. I really appreciate any help anyone could give me. Thanks a lot, Andrew   

Subject: Re: Searching for 80's one hit wonder

Written By: THAT_Scott on 08/07/04 at 5:38 am

Hi there

I am uncertain of this but from what you have said I am thinking Tinita Tikaram - Twist in my Sobriety.

-Scott

Written By: Andrew on 08/07/04 at 2:33 pm

Hey Scott, you're the man, that's it! She's one of the best vocalists that emerged from the 80's. Great song and video. Thanks bro, I really appreciate it. Best regards, Andrew   

Written By: THAT_Scott on 08/09/04 at 6:30 am

Hey

No sweat ... you wanna hear creepy? I read the post and thought Hmmm I know it but can't bring the name to mind. I went out to the lounge room and heard that very song on a CD that was playing!

So after dinner I said "Hmmm must be a sign .. will send in!" *G*

-Scott

Check for new replies or respond here...