inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Searching for a toy of the 80's

Written By: molly on 08/10/04 at 9:32 am

Hi everyone,
I've been looking for a toy for a while; don't know if I'm at the right place.

It is a little baby shaped toy. It has a baby powder scent. It's about 5cm (2inch).
It has a curly hair on top of its head, like a loop that you could fit in a necklace.
It was called Coochy Cuddle. Don't know how it was spelled because I was probably 6 or 7 at that time.
All of them have something in their hand; a toy, a baby doll, a spoon, etc...
It had a birth certificate card and each and every one of them had its name (I lost the card).
I have 8 or 9 at home and I would love to have information about it.
Anyone? Thanks for your help.

Subject: Re: Searching for a toy of the 80's

Written By: Molly on 08/10/04 at 11:01 am

ok, found it... sorry
it's Curly Q' Oodle

:) ;)

Written By: rubixgirl on 08/10/04 at 11:40 am

Glad you found it. I got some wild stuff when I searched Coochy Cuddle  :D

Written By: Molly on 08/10/04 at 11:55 am

oups, I see what you mean
actually it's Coochy Coodles at : http://www.babyfacedolls.com/oodles.html
I was not that wrong.. I'M so happy..
Thanks...

Written By: Wendy on 08/19/04 at 7:40 pm

Molly good you found it!  I never heard of that doll and don't remember seeing it, went to site and didn't recognize it.  But I know that feeling of not knowing what the name of the doll is.  My sister and I had these small dolls, 4'" high maybe with very curly hair that you could stamp kisses with.  Basically they made a pink little kiss on paper or whatever when you pressed their mouth down on paper.  I still remember the small heartshaped mouth print, ahhh...

Rubixgirl, rotflmao re: your coochy search :)

Written By: wendy on 08/19/04 at 8:46 pm

I was branistorming my dolls name with the kissing lip stamp mouth and I think it's called 'Kissylips'.  Try googling that one Rubixgirl ;)

Written By: rubixgirl on 08/20/04 at 7:58 am

I was branistorming my dolls name with the kissing lip stamp mouth and I think it's called 'Kissylips'.  Try googling that one Rubixgirl ;)
I'll have to try that one when I'm not at work.  ;D

Written By: Jennifer028 on 08/20/04 at 6:59 pm

I don't remember those coochy coodles either but remember C.U.T.I.E.S
They were cool little collered girl figures that were in different poses.  Some were workout girls and some were rock band ones.  They were cool.

http://www.inthe80s.com/toys/cuties.shtml

Written By: korianna on 08/23/04 at 8:03 am

i am also searching for some 80's or 90's (unsure wut decade they are) dolls and other toys that my mom sold. How did u find out the name of ur dolls? because google doesnt work well when u dont have any clue wut the name is!! plz help!
~korianna

Written By: Jennifer028 on 08/23/04 at 8:19 am

i am also searching for some 80's or 90's (unsure wut decade they are) dolls and other toys that my mom sold. How did u find out the name of ur dolls? because google doesnt work well when u dont have any clue wut the name is!! plz help!
~korianna

Try here....they have tons of toys listed with picutes and info.  I have found everything i was looking for on there.

http://www.inthe80s.com/toys/

Written By: korianna on 08/23/04 at 11:55 pm

although its a great site, i didnt find what i needed here. got any more ideas?

Written By: Nina on 09/11/04 at 3:29 pm

I have been searching for some dolls that I had when i was younger.  I remember getting one of the last ones in 1989.  It had hair that you could pull to make longer and when you pumped the arm it got shorter... haven't had any luck finding the name

Written By: Tiffany o on 09/12/04 at 2:57 pm

My sister had  a doll with the hair that you pulled out and then pumped her arm to make it shorter. this doll had yarn for hair. her name was Pretty Hair Cut and Grow. pretty original.

Written By: Jamie on 09/28/04 at 11:43 pm

I have been searching for some dolls that I had when i was younger.  I remember getting one of the last ones in 1989.  It had hair that you could pull to make longer and when you pumped the arm it got shorter... haven't had any luck finding the name
I have 2 of those dolls that your are talking about I'm not sure what they are called but I will have to get them out of the closet and see if I can find a name. The hair still grows and winds up properly too. I have a small 5" one and a large 9" one. I think I got mine in 1989 too! Christmas gifts!

Check for new replies or respond here...