inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Prime Time Soaps of the 80s

Written By: T on 08/10/04 at 12:26 pm

During the 80s when I was a little boy, I remember watching those prime time soaps with my Mom sometimes my Grandmother or Aunt. The prime time soaps I remember watching were: Dynasty, Knots Landing and Dallas. What are some of the memories of any of you'll have watching prime time soaps during the 80s and which prime time soaps did you'll watch?

Subject: Re: Prime Time Soaps of the 80s

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/11/04 at 12:25 pm

I used to watch Dallas. Saw the very first episode the very first time it aired and thought that was pretty good show. It wasn't until the "who shot J.R." thing came around that I realized how popular it was. I thought I was the only one who watched it. That was about the time I got bored with it and then I switched to Dynasty.

I kind of got bored with Dynasty too but went back to it when they started airing the Colbys-do I watched both of those. Then they all faded.

There was a very short lived one-I can't remember the name (and I did a lot of research on it but couldn't find anything) that had to do with kids. I thought it was good but I guess the critics didn't that is why it didn't last.

Cat

Subject: Re: Prime Time Soaps of the 80s

Written By: CosmicPrincess on 08/15/04 at 9:18 pm

I loved all those glitzy, glamourous primetime soaps! I loved how they usually had an old movie star in a supporting role, especially Anne Baxter as Victoria Cabot in 'Hotel' (the lady you see pictured to the left). I'd like to see all of those soaps released on dvd. I'd buy them all!

Check for new replies or respond here...