inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ho MTV influenced advertising

Written By: JC on 08/11/04 at 12:20 pm

I am looking for 5 specificvideos that influenced (style,tone,look,feel)5 specific ads in the 80's and 90's.

For example:

"You belong to the city" influenced Michelob commercial
Gab Ad that used "Jump, Jive and Wail" Youcouldn't tell if it was a commercial or an ad.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Subject: Re: Ho MTV influenced advertising

Written By: Jeffpcmt on 08/17/04 at 9:58 am

Didnt Genesis do a beer commercial (probably for Michelob) that looked like a music video for the song "Tonight, Tonight, Tonight"??

I think Eric Clapton did one too.

Subject: Re: How MTV influenced advertising

Written By: Doc Brown on 08/17/04 at 11:18 pm

Indeed they did. In fact, the song is actually about 8 1/2 minutes long, with a 3 minute instrumental section in the middle(g/t), so the listener can sit and kick back with a beer!  ;) Although I'm not a drinker, I would guess that the line is still true:
The Night Belongs To MichelobPhil, Mike & Tony got a lot of airplay with that spot. Incidentally, Steve Winwood also did an ad for that campaign, using his song "Don't You Know What The Night Can Do?" But Clapton I don't know about, unless he used the 80's version of "After Midnight".

Your Pal,
Doc

Check for new replies or respond here...