inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: D.A.R.Y.L. Soundtrack Song "Somewhere I Belong" by Marvin Hamlisch/T. Pendegras

Written By: Adrian on 08/13/04 at 10:55 am

I am looking for this movie on DVD and I am looking for the title Song..."Somewhere I Belong" which was written by Marvin Hamlicsh and performed by Teddy Pendegrass...Anyone familiar with this?  I have treid to find this everywhere, but I can't seem to find it!  It is a great soundtrack!  AI was a remake of this film practically and "no" It's not "Flight of the Navigator"...  I thought I have seen this soundtrack back in 1985 which is when the movie came out...I wish I have purchased then, but I didn't....Damn, Damn, Damn...lol :-\\ :\'(

Subject: Re: D.A.R.Y.L. Soundtrack Song "Somewhere I Belong" by Marvin Hamlisch/T. Pendegras

Written By: zcrito on 08/15/04 at 12:28 am

Sorry, Adrian. I checked all my "usual" places and I couldn't find an available copy of "Somewhere I Belong" or the soundtrack from the movie.

Maybe someone else will have better luck.

:(

Subject: Re: D.A.R.Y.L. Soundtrack Song "Somewhere I Belong" by Marvin Hamlisch/T. Pendegras

Written By: Michael on 09/02/04 at 4:02 pm

As far as I know, there has never been a soundtrack album released. Believe me, I have SEARCHED!!!  :(
The Teddy Pendergrass song was released on 7" and 12" 45rpm promotional singles by Elektra / Asylum Records,
the covers for these singles are of generic style, as most promos are.
I don't think it ever was sold in stores, but it sometimes pops up on ebay, that's where I got mine.  ;)
The good news is that the movie will be released on DVD in USA on Oct 19!  :D

Written By: Ricky on 11/30/04 at 12:21 pm

I have the song on CD and MP3 I can send it to your email if you wish.  ;)

Written By: eightieschick53 on 12/06/04 at 2:05 pm

My mom told me Teddy Pendergrass is in a wheelchair...is this true or is she getting him mixed up with someone else? Because I saw a picture of him and he didnt look disabled  ???  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 12/06/04 at 8:05 pm

My mom told me Teddy Pendergrass is in a wheelchair...is this true or is she getting him mixed up with someone else? Because I saw a picture of him and he didnt look disabled  ???  :-\\

your mom is correct 80's chick.Teddy Pendergrass is handicapped.He has been since 1982.

Howard

Written By: ARTHUR WILLIAMS on 12/12/04 at 11:56 pm

Can you send me a copy of "Somewere I Belong"  This is for my personl use. If you can thank you.
Arthur  8)

Written By: Rafal on 12/31/04 at 3:05 am

Do you say you have the original recording? Could you also send me a copy?
I'll be very much obliged. Thanks in advance.

Subject: Re: D.A.R.Y.L. Soundtrack Song "Somewhere I Belong" by Marvin Hamlisch/T. Pende

Written By: Kristian on 04/01/06 at 2:20 am

I have the song on CD and MP3 I can send it to your email if you wish.

Subject: Re: D.A.R.Y.L. Soundtrack Song "Somewhere I Belong" by Marvin Hamlisch/T. Pende

Written By: Amanda Adams on 06/15/06 at 11:28 am

Hello can U please send me the MP3 of this song too as I have been searchin for ages for this song!

my email is  amandaadams1@tiscali.co.uk

thank you v much!

Amanda

Written By: Joshua De Horta on 10/14/06 at 1:39 am

I have the song on CD and MP3 I can send it to your email if you wish.

Written By: McDonald on 10/15/06 at 10:02 pm

I bought D.A.R.Y.L. on DVD at Best Buy for like $9, which was awesome because it is one of my favourite movies from my childhood, and what's more, unlike a lot of other movies from my childhood, I actually still like to watch it.

Written By: Daryl on 12/23/06 at 8:16 pm

hi, just let you all know i have been searching for this song as well.  i finally tracked it down and bought the original record soundtrack and burned it to cd for safe keeping.

i can send you all a copy via email if you wish.
this song has so much meaning to me, i've also tried to and can't find the lyrics to this song as well, and haven't found them anywhere.

So what follows is what I think they are, until someone can find them written down somewhere out there.

"Somewhere I Belong" sung by Teddy Pendergrass, lyrics written by Dean Pitchford.

Where I'm going?
I've been lost so long,
There's no shelter from the cold,
Winds are blowing,
I keep dreaming on,
Waking up in emptiness alone, alone,
I know, I know,

Somewhere I belong,
Somewhere I can call, my home,
Open your heart to me,
I've got the feeling,
That your love is leading me home.

How'd you find me?
Pull me from the storm,
Make the heartache disappear,
Feel the fire,
Love can keep us warm,
I just can't believe I'm finally here,
I am here, I am here,

Somewhere I belong,
Open your heart to me,
I've got the feeling,
That your love is leading me, leading me home,
Somewhere I belong.

Open your heart to me,
I've got the feeling, I've got the feeling,
That your love, your love, is leading me home,
Somewhere I belong,
Somewhere I belong,
Somewhere I can call, I can call, my home,
Open your heart, open your heart, to me, to me,
That your love, that your love is,
Leading me, leading me home.
Somewhere I Belong.

Disclaimer: These are what I think the lyrics are, until someone can track them down on some other site (If they're even out there at all).

I think I got them right. Feel free to comment.

Update: Just bought the record of this song. It's about 5 minutes long and there are extra lyrics in this longer version.
I will put the extra words in sometime.

Written By: Chad on 02/08/07 at 1:16 pm

Could you please send me a copy of the song.

you can email it to

chad.poynter@gmail.com

I would greatly appreciate it

Written By: Charles Tupper on 08/31/08 at 7:36 am

I know this thread is old but it is the only place i have found that people still have copies of theis song.
I remember the movie, and particularly this song but recently have tried to find an mp3 of it and have been unable to purchase it anywhere.
If anyone has aa copy that they could send it would be greatly appreciated.

Charlie

Written By: Alberto on 09/16/08 at 12:22 am

Hello there.

I, too, have been looking for that song, knowing it was a promo vinyl.
Is it possible that I can acquire a copy of the song from you as well?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
-Alberto

Written By: Deborah Dawoodi on 09/22/08 at 8:41 pm

Can someone send me a copy of the song. I can not find it anywhere.
My email is ddawoodi@comcast.net
Thank you

Written By: Tony on 09/28/08 at 7:21 pm

I would love it if u can send me that song also, been looking through limewire & every other source available to find it with no luck.
would be eternally grateful.  It's a memory song of my little brother i lost . it was his favorite movie & song. Thank you
you can send it to email Tojo289@embarqmail.com

Written By: Thomas Freeman III on 10/04/08 at 11:33 pm

hi, just let you all know i have been searching for this song as well.  i finally tracked it down and bought the original record soundtrack and burned it to cd for safe keeping.

this song has so much meaning to me, i've also tried to and can't find the lyrics to this song as well, and haven't found them anywhere.

So what follows is what I think they are, until someone can find them written down somewhere out there.

"Somewhere I Belong" sung by Teddy Pendergrass, lyrics written by Dean Pitchford.

Where I'm going?
I've been lost so long,
Winds are blowing,
I keep dreaming on,
I know, I know,

Somewhere I belong,
Open your heart to me,
I've got the feeling,

How'd you find me?
Pull me from the storm,
Feel the fire,
Love can keep us warm,
I am here, I am here,

Somewhere I belong,
Open your heart to me,
I've got the feeling,
Somewhere I belong.

Open your heart to me,
Somewhere I belong,
Somewhere I belong,
Somewhere I Belong.

Disclaimer: These are what I think the lyrics are, until someone can track them down on some other site (If they're even out there at all).

Update: Just bought the record of this song. It's about 5 minutes long and there are extra lyrics in this longer version.

Written By: Chad on 10/13/08 at 9:00 pm

Where I'm going?
I've been lost so long,
Winds are blowing,
I keep dreaming on,
I know, I know,

Somewhere I belong,
Open your heart to me,
I've got the feeling,

How'd you find me?
Pull me from the storm,
Feel the fire,
Love can keep us warm,
I am here, I am here,

Somewhere I belong,
Open your heart to me,
I've got the feeling,
Somewhere I belong.

Open your heart to me,
Somewhere I belong,
Somewhere I belong,
Somewhere I Belong.

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU COULD SEND ME A COPY OF THAT MP3 OR WHATEVER, I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR IT EVER SINCE THAT MOVIE CAME OUT WITH NO SUCCESS.

Written By: Scott on 05/05/09 at 2:24 pm

I know that this thread is old, but I just found it today.  I have been searching for this song, like a lot of people apparently, for a LONG time.  Every time I listen to it/watch the movie, it brings tears to my eyes.  Would it be possible for someone to send me the MP3, to my email.  I would REALLY appreciate it!

Thanks.
Scott

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/05/09 at 3:07 pm

What's the legality of sending MP3 of music?  Isn't that the same as illegally downloading music?

Written By: Scot on 05/08/09 at 2:20 pm

I would be happy to purchase it, if I could find it.  Does anyone know where it can be bought?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/08/09 at 2:46 pm

I would be happy to purchase it, if I could find it.  Does anyone know where it can be bought?

iTunes.  Although sometimes it takes a little bit of effort to find where they hide the less popular stuff.  Start with searching T.Pedegras.

Written By: N Mack on 05/31/09 at 11:17 am

Just watched this film for the first time in literally years!  How great is it?!

I've now run into the same problem as most other people on this forum...  I badly want a copy of the Original soundtrack...

Can someone please, please, please send me a copy:  nmckeverne@yahoo.co.uk

Many thanks in advance...

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/31/09 at 3:39 pm

Just watched this film for the first time in literally years!  How great is it?!

I've now run into the same problem as most other people on this forum...  I badly want a copy of the Original soundtrack...

Can someone please, please, please send me a copy:  nmckeverne@yahoo.co.uk

Many thanks in advance...

There is a thing called iTunes . . . use it!!!

Written By: JadeKnight on 07/16/09 at 12:49 am

I would love to get a copy of the cd if you would please email it to me @ knightn@hotmail.com.  I have watched the show ever since it came out.  I was too young to know what a soundtrack was, but I have been searching for it everywhere.  If you would send it to me, I'd be deeply grateful.

Where I'm going?
I've been lost so long,
Winds are blowing,
I keep dreaming on,
I know, I know,

Somewhere I belong,
Open your heart to me,
I've got the feeling,

How'd you find me?
Pull me from the storm,
Feel the fire,
Love can keep us warm,
I am here, I am here,

Somewhere I belong,
Open your heart to me,
I've got the feeling,
Somewhere I belong.

Open your heart to me,
Somewhere I belong,
Somewhere I belong,
Somewhere I Belong.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/16/09 at 2:14 am

Somewhere I Belong by Teddy Pendergrass 72 single on Buy It Now eBay right now

Written By: mayanvirgo on 01/20/10 at 10:15 pm

Does anyone have this song they can e-mail to me?? Can't find it anywhere...thanks!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/10 at 1:23 am

Does anyone have this song they can e-mail to me?? Can't find it anywhere...thanks!
Four singles of "Somewhere I Belong" are still available on ebay.

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/22/10 at 10:28 pm

Well, it was pretty easy to find on YouTube.  There's probably a spot with blogs that contains a copy of it.  There are fast ways to share files, as well as other things you can add to a search query to increase your odds of finding it amongst a million uploads...

Written By: Jeremy on 03/04/10 at 5:47 am

Hi

Ive just seen the date and I appreciate this thread was written like 6 years ago or so.. LOL doesnt time fly but was wondering if you could be able to help again.. you see I also watched Daryl the other day.. and being a childhood favourite yet again love the end song by teddy Pendergrass! However cant get it anywhere and Ebay is all old style Vinyl's! If you still have the Cd Mp3 version I would be greatly appreciative if you could send it to my email..

jezzawright16@hotmail.com

Thank you so much! Hope your good... and yea sorry to drag this back up again after 6 years!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/05/10 at 8:27 pm

Hi

Ive just seen the date and I appreciate this thread was written like 6 years ago or so.. LOL doesnt time fly but was wondering if you could be able to help again.. you see I also watched Daryl the other day.. and being a childhood favourite yet again love the end song by teddy Pendergrass! However cant get it anywhere and Ebay is all old style Vinyl's! If you still have the Cd Mp3 version I would be greatly appreciative if you could send it to my email..

jezzawright16@hotmail.com

Thank you so much! Hope your good... and yea sorry to drag this back up again after 6 years!

It's on iTunes.  I've seen it listed.

Written By: Armando Garcia on 10/24/10 at 11:18 pm

Hey the one you got is it the full soundtrack?... Love to have a copy if not and only have the song itself could you send me a copy?..

ArmandoGarcia1977@gmail.com

Where I'm going?
I've been lost so long,
Winds are blowing,
I keep dreaming on,
I know, I know,

Somewhere I belong,
Open your heart to me,
I've got the feeling,

How'd you find me?
Pull me from the storm,
Feel the fire,
Love can keep us warm,
I am here, I am here,

Somewhere I belong,
Open your heart to me,
I've got the feeling,
Somewhere I belong.

Open your heart to me,
Somewhere I belong,
Somewhere I belong,
Somewhere I Belong.

Written By: Rob From Berea on 11/23/10 at 11:22 pm

I remember seeing D.A.R.Y.L. in our local theater as a kid (9 years old, I believe), and the theater was running a promotion for kids that if you could remember what the acronym stood for you got a free copy of the movie poster. I did manage to memorize it and won a poster. Funny thing is that to this day I can still remember what that acronym stood for.

Check for new replies or respond here...