inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: St. Elmo's Fire

Written By: migi on 08/17/04 at 10:37 am

Wooaah! Whatta great movie. I watched it yesterday on dvd and it really blew my mind. Better than breakfast club. The atmosphere was good and the characters are truly memorable.
For 80's movie freaks - 10/10 !  :D

Subject: Re: St. Elmo's Fire

Written By: zcrito on 08/17/04 at 4:11 pm

Wooaah! Whatta great movie. I watched it yesterday on dvd and it really blew my mind. Better than breakfast club. The atmosphere was good and the characters are truly memorable.
For 80's movie freaks - 10/10 !  :D

migi in motion?

Where I live that song and movie were out and popular during this time of year (late August, early September) in 1985.

You couldn't turn on the radio without hearing that John Parr song. :D

:)

Written By: Heavymetal on 08/23/04 at 4:56 pm

Listening to it right now. Great Movie and Song.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/24/04 at 1:12 pm

I hated that movie, it was the Big Chill's obnoxious preppie younger cousin!
:P

Written By: Koop on 08/24/04 at 2:18 pm

I hated that movie, it was the Big Chill's obnoxious preppie younger cousin!

;D  Good call! 

It was the only "brat pack" movie I didn't like.  Demi Moore always got on my nerves back then.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/25/04 at 11:31 pm

;D  Good call! 

It was the only "brat pack" movie I didn't like.  Demi Moore always got on my nerves back then.

Demi Moore is among the Republican Hollywood elite with
Bruce Willis
Arnold Schwarzenegger
James Woods
Jean Claude Van Damm
Bo Derek
among others.

Written By: whistledog on 01/09/07 at 12:11 am

This was a good movie, but the best part was the soundtrack which had three hits ...

St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion) - John Parr
Love Theme From St. Elmo's Fire - David Foster
If I Turn You Away - Vikki Moss

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/09/07 at 11:00 am

I like the song St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion), more than I like the movie.

Written By: whistledog on 01/09/07 at 12:40 pm

I like the song St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion), more than I like the movie.

Here's some trivia for ya:  David Foster wrote that song about paraplegic athlete Rick Hansen, who was at the time on his Man in Motion tour

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/09/07 at 1:00 pm

;D  Good call! 

I liked her as Jules,she plays a cokehead very well  ;D
How can you not like her when she says in that bed voice of hers You break my heart.Then again,you break everyone's heart to Rob Lowe?

Written By: star500 on 01/09/07 at 1:37 pm

I watched that movie recently and it's great! I love it! All those hot guys in it, what's not to love?! I especially liked Andrew McCarthy. I had a crush on him when I was 11 after seeing Pretty in Pink for the first time. Then I realized how old he was then and I was like, ewww! LOL ;D But seriously, it is a good movie. I love the song (Man in Motion) St. Elmo's Fire too.

Written By: snozberries on 01/09/07 at 2:12 pm

I watched that movie recently and it's great! I love it! All those hot guys in it, what's not to love?! I especially liked Andrew McCarthy. I had a crush on him when I was 11 after seeing Pretty in Pink for the first time. Then I realized how old he was then and I was like, ewww! LOL ;D But seriously, it is a good movie. I love the song (Man in Motion) St. Elmo's Fire too.

I never got that movie... I loved Demi Moore and Mare Winningham and Andi McDowell....Basically it would've been a better movie without the guys!  Breakfast Club was far supierior

Written By: KKay on 01/09/07 at 2:51 pm

it was great.  That year we ate, slept and breathed that film. I was a ....sophmore in college?  ON the soundtrack there are words to the main theme song; we sang it all the time...like a drinking song.
And we knew all the good lines (BillY? From the roof, Billy?)
boy. i miss those days.

"I thought you would find out I wasn't fabulous"
"and I thought you would find out I was irresponsible"

BEST brat pack film made

Written By: Snoopygirl on 01/09/07 at 9:58 pm

I haven't seen this in ages!
I checked the movie out when it came out on video because Andrew McCarthy was in it. I too had a crush on him in Pretty in Pink. That killer smile and those eyes!  SIGH....

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/10/07 at 8:58 pm

Here's some trivia for ya:  David Foster wrote that song about paraplegic athlete Rick Hansen, who was at the time on his Man in Motion tour

I know....

I think that Rick Hansen even went through Thunder Bay, the city where I once lived, during the Man In Motion tour.

It was a cool moment.

A few years before, Terry Fox went on a cross country marathon, which would have went from St. John's, Newfoundland, to British Columbia.

Unfortunatly, the marathon stopped somewhere northeast of Thunder Bay, because of poor breathing problems.
He had ran for 143 consecutive days totalling 5,373 km.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marathon_of_Hope

Written By: zcrito on 01/13/07 at 11:24 am

Thanks. I never knew that. The only trivia I remember at the time this movie was out involved what exactly St. Elmo's Fire is.

And does anyone remember its nice instrumental love theme song by David Foster ?

Written By: malibumike65 on 01/15/07 at 6:37 am

Thanks. I never knew that. The only trivia I remember at the time this movie was out involved what exactly St. Elmo's Fire is.

And does anyone remember its nice instrumental love theme song by David Foster ?

Yeah. It's just simply called The Love Theme From St. Elmos Fire. Nice soothing track, but unoriginal in the name.

Check for new replies or respond here...