inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Okay, You Know What?

Written By: Apricot on 08/27/04 at 11:24 pm

I know you loved the 80s and the 90s and 00s are terrible... ENOUGH.

I'm tired of seeing posts about how horrible the 90s and 00s were on the 90s and 00s boards. I've been seeing a lot more of them lately, and it's driving me mad! I know you have the right to your opinion and the right to express it, but just STOP doing it on our boards. I feel like turning into Maya and just blasting everyone, but I'm calm now. So I'll ask nicely: Why do you keep coming to our boards to badmouth us?

I'm not saying it's all of you. I refer specifically to the few who do. Don't start attacking me.

Subject: Re: Okay, You Know What?

Written By: lebeiw15 on 08/28/04 at 1:03 am

I'm actually getting sick of adults always telling me about "Oh, the music kids listen to these days, it's all bad", etc. and "Kids are so lazy", etc.  Now, it may be true, but why are you telling me that?  I'm 15.  Sure, I agree with what they say, a lot of the time.  But do I go around telling 50-year olds how much I hate music from the 50s (example), or whatever?  I think not.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 08/28/04 at 1:12 am

I'm going to be sooooo glad when summer holidays are over!!!!!! ::)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: lebeiw15 on 08/28/04 at 1:34 am

::)

Written By: Bobby on 08/28/04 at 5:43 am

Is anybody actually doing this, Apricot? We all have our preferred decade(s) but we don't intentionally ram it down people's throats. We are just happy to be around like-minded people and our comments should not be taken personally.  :)

Written By: danootaandme on 08/28/04 at 6:29 am

I'm actually getting sick of adults always telling me about "Oh, the music kids listen to these days, it's all bad", etc. and "Kids are so lazy", etc.  Now, it may be true, but why are you telling me that?  I'm 15.  Sure, I agree with what they say, a lot of the time.  But do I go around telling 50-year olds how much I hate music from the 50s (example), or whatever?  I think not.

I'm 50(+), and personally like some of the music you kids listen too, and some I don't.  But I am glad that you have music that is your own that your parents and grandparents hate.  I remember for a long time there were kids listening to Rolling Stones, Hendrix, stuff like that, and I'd tell them that that was music for my generation, they should get there own.  It took Rap and Hip Hop to make us cover our ears, and I think that is a good thing.  I shows imagination and stretching the boundaries.  That is something every generation has to do to keep civilization advancing.  If anyone older tells you your music is bad tell them "it isn't bad, it's different, and besides it's mine."

Written By: jaytee on 08/28/04 at 8:45 am

I'm 50(+), and personally like some of the music you kids listen too, and some I don't.  But I am glad that you have music that is your own that your parents and grandparents hate.  I remember for a long time there were kids listening to Rolling Stones, Hendrix, stuff like that, and I'd tell them that that was music for my generation, they should get there own.  It took Rap and Hip Hop to make us cover our ears, and I think that is a good thing.  I shows imagination and stretching the boundaries.  That is something every generation has to do to keep civilization advancing.  If anyone older tells you your music is bad tell them "it isn't bad, it's different, and besides it's mine."

Well said Danoota!

Written By: Jennifer028 on 08/28/04 at 9:18 am

I know you loved the 80s and the 90s and 00s are terrible... ENOUGH.

I'm tired of seeing posts about how horrible the 90s and 00s were on the 90s and 00s boards. I've been seeing a lot more of them lately, and it's driving me mad! I know you have the right to your opinion and the right to express it, but just STOP doing it on our boards. I feel like turning into Maya and just blasting everyone, but I'm calm now. So I'll ask nicely: Why do you keep coming to our boards to badmouth us?

I'm not saying it's all of you. I refer specifically to the few who do. Don't start attacking me.

Why are you posting this on the 80's board??????

Written By: Howard on 08/28/04 at 9:27 am

Is anybody actually doing this, Apricot? We all have our preferred decade(s) but we don't intentionally ram it down people's throats. We are just happy to be around like-minded people and our comments should not be taken personally.  :)

You got that right Bob,you tell him.I don't go telling my Father,"I hate your doo-wop"?  ::)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 08/28/04 at 9:30 am

I'm going to be sooooo glad when summer holidays are over!!!!!! ::)

Absolutely Vile

It's almost September,Vile.That's a good sign. :)

Howard

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/28/04 at 11:55 am

With every generation/decade, there are good and bad. In terms of pop-culture, it is a matter of personal taste. I like Styx but don't like Kiss. With rap music- I don't like it. That doesn't mean that it is bad. It means that I don't like it. Television-I like Full House but I don't like Roseanne. It is just personal taste.

Some people do have favorite decades. Sometimes it has to do with what was going on in their lives. I didn't like the 80s because of the sitution I was in and was very unhappy most of the decade-but again, that is personal. 

We all have to right to voice our opinions about whatever-as long as it isn't a personal attack. We see that enough on political ads.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 08/28/04 at 12:06 pm

You got that right Bob,you tell him.I don't go telling my Father,"I hate your doo-wop"?  ::)

The odd thing is Howard, as you are very well aware, is I love Doo-wop (I have no idea where the influence has come from). I like a bit of 00s music as well but there is no need to rationalise myself.  :)

I think a lot of people hate certain celebrities from those decades (Britney, Christina Aguilara in particular) and some will say that certain singers have past their best in the 90s (Madonna) but I'm not too sure if anyone here are saying they completely hate a decade full-stop. There is always good music in each one. It's just that some people will like less of that time's music than others. :)

Written By: danootaandme on 08/28/04 at 1:45 pm

Hey, Apricot.  If the postings in this forum bother you so much, don't come here.  I get the feeling you are trying to start a flame war.  That doesn't go over well with Chucky, so I would be careful.

Everyone has the right to their opinion about which decade is the best and what they think about other decades.

I don't know why you would say all this.  I kinda like flame wars, and the position is a valid one. 
Apricot has the right to be here and voice his opinion, just like everyone else.  If you don't like his
postings don't read them.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/28/04 at 5:30 pm

It's not his postings...it is that he comes to the 80's board and complains when we say that we don't like the 90's or the 00's. 

And, Chucky doesn't like flame wars.  When people post to start fights he tends to ban them.

Ohhhhhhhh....

Written By: Dagwood on 08/28/04 at 5:32 pm

Sorry, Danoota...I just deleted both of my posts.  Re-reading Apricot's post I realized that he/she was talking about on other boards. 

Written By: Apricot on 08/28/04 at 8:17 pm

Sorry, Danoota...I just deleted both of my posts.  Re-reading Apricot's post I realized that he/she was talking about on other boards. 

He. By the way, Jennifer, I put it here so all the 80s people {the ones most frequently commiting the act} would see it.

Written By: Howard on 08/29/04 at 10:53 am

The odd thing is Howard, as you are very well aware, is I love Doo-wop (I have no idea where the influence has come from). I like a bit of 00s music as well but there is no need to rationalise myself.  :)

I think a lot of people hate certain celebrities from those decades (Britney, Christina Aguilara in particular) and some will say that certain singers have past their best in the 90s (Madonna) but I'm not too sure if anyone here are saying they completely hate a decade full-stop. There is always good music in each one. It's just that some people will like less of that time's music than others. :)

You definitely have a point there,Bob. :)

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...