inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Greatest Reality Show Ever

Written By: Doc Brown on 09/01/04 at 10:25 pm

Reality shows have been around a lot long than we'd like to admit(Real People, Entertainment Tonight, America's Most Wanted, Totally Hidden Video), although they were a lot more 'real' before Survivor and its parade of knockoffs. Seems I can only stomach one new one every 15 years or so, since I enjoy The Apprentice. But back in 1989, CBS introduced the best reality show of all time, and I miss it to this day.
RESCUE 911!OK, Shatner's not the greatest actor, but you gotta admit it was far more fun to watch people's lives being saved than the Chinese-idiot-signing, tribal-council-voting, social-disease-passing & maggot-eating trash tv we see today. We watched the reenactment of an incident(sometimes scary, sometimes touching, sometimes even funny!), and then the real everyday heroes sprang into action(firemen, cops, and most often paramedics), complete with commentaryby the witnesses and participants, but usually we'd only hear from the victims at the ending. I mean hey, why give away the outcome? And people learned so much from the show that by the end of its run, they'd gotten letters from over 200 people saying what was learned on the show had saved their lives. I truly loved this show and would give almost anything for it to come out on DVD. We need more quality TV and less phony reality. Anyone feel the same?

Your pal,
Doc

Subject: Re: The Greatest Reality Show Ever

Written By: Dagwood on 09/02/04 at 7:06 pm

I liked Rescue 911.  Although, we called it Babies getting hurt. ;)

Written By: Howard on 09/02/04 at 7:31 pm

I thought that Survivor was the greatest reality show ever?  ;D

Howard

Written By: zcrito on 09/02/04 at 8:40 pm

Do shows like "This Old House" count as a reality show?
If so, I've always liked watching that program, at least since the early '80s.

:)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/02/04 at 10:36 pm

Don't forget That's Incredible! I loved that show as well as Real People!

Tanya

Written By: NbC on 09/03/04 at 2:04 am

I liked Candid Camera!  Not sure when that actually came out but I know quite a while back. 

Written By: ericadawn on 09/03/04 at 11:31 am

I used to love Unsolved Mysteries (does that qualify as a reality show...lol)

Written By: wagonman76 on 09/03/04 at 11:50 am

I liked Rescue 911.  Although, we called it Babies getting hurt. ;)

I kinda liked the show, except for the fact that after awhile you knew everybody was gonna live so it was too predictable.

Check for new replies or respond here...