inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Duran Duran song, "Reach Up For The Sunrise" video available

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/03/04 at 8:51 am

http://duranduranmusic.com/sunrise/sunrise.html

watch it before voting (or reading the comments too) please.... I'll reserve my comments for later

Subject: Re: New Duran Duran song, "Reach Up For The Sunrise" video available

Written By: rubixgirl on 09/03/04 at 5:50 pm

I liked the video and the song ok. But I still have a preference for their older stuff. OF course Sunrise is the only song I've heard off their latest album.

Written By: Xonnie316 on 09/04/04 at 6:33 am

I like the song and video,

Its not very special, but its good for a reunion song,

There older stuff is the best of course, but we need to be glad that the original set band is together,

I haven't heard the rest of the album though, we might get some good songs,

Xonnie316

Written By: Iceslim on 09/07/04 at 4:11 pm

I saw DD at Manchester on 21st April 04, b4 that in April 88

They opened with sunrise, first reactions were "erm whats this?" second reaction was "oh no"

After 2 mins the groove got catchy, then after listening to it a few times it gets very catchy, but doesnt get the buzz earlier material does. I do however like this track and cant wait for the new albumn and i wait in anticipation for the public opinion of sunrise

Overall well done DD keep it together and definetly keep recording

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 09/08/04 at 6:11 am

I liked the video and really love the song.

Written By: Mogh on 09/13/04 at 2:19 pm

Wasn't Electric Barbarella released a few years ago?

Written By: woops on 09/13/04 at 11:35 pm

The video's OK and the song reminds me of "Electric Barbarella", which was a good song.  :)

Though I prefer their earlier stuff.  8)

Written By: the next nick rhodes on 09/16/04 at 4:58 pm

8) ive been into DD sience they started,,,,and i love nick rhodes,,,,being a keyboard player my self,,,,i relate alot to his style
i have most of the keyboards he plays,,,,such as "KORG TRITON" " roland JUPITER 8"
i can play almost any DD song,,,in my own way, which i carry alot of nick rhodes ideas,

im ISRAEL SHANE BUTLER FROM, PORT ANGELES WA.

Written By: Lanie on 09/16/04 at 8:51 pm

I like it.

Written By: MAster Shake on 09/20/04 at 8:47 pm

got the new cd today.  there are no old school sounding hits on it, but for a new record and a new sound it's pretty good.
best song IMO is "What HAppens Tmrw"  It wothout a doubt the best stuff since the Wild Boys single and S&RT. lots of slower songs than i would have liked, but "Want You More" is rocking in the chorus. 

glad the old band is back together.

i listen to mostly misfits, afi, and other punk rock but DD is what got me started on that.  first concert i ever went to as well.

Written By: Hairspray on 09/21/04 at 11:11 am

I share a similar opinion as most in the thread. It's good but I still like their older material best. It's a different time and their style has moved along with the times fairly well. I'm just a nostalgia buff and changes take a while to grow on me. It's great that the original five are together again and I have no doubt they'll make the best of it for themselves and their fans. :) 8)

Written By: Alice on 09/22/04 at 5:48 am

I like the song and video,

Its not very special, but its good for a reunion song,

There older stuff is the best of course, but we need to be glad that the original set band is together,

I haven't heard the rest of the album though, we might get some good songs,

Xonnie316

My thoughts exactly!

Wasn't Electric Barbarella released a few years ago?

"Electric Barbarella" originally was released in October 1997. It reached US#52 position that year, whereas its accompanying album "Medazzaland" stopped at US#58 in its week of entry. ("Medazzaland" is the only of theirs that didn't chart in the UK.) After the success of "Greatest" (1998) compilation, the single was finally released in the UK in January 1999 reaching #23 position in the charts.

Subject: the 80's.....i no its sooo off topic but i have 2 let it out

Written By: Jana on 10/04/04 at 3:33 pm

:\'( :)...I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE THE 80'S...i know your wondering y i put a sad face...maybe cause i wasnt born in the 80's but i wish i was....i know u think im weird i love the 80's but i wasnt born in the 80's well i have heard 80's music b4 and i love it if u love the 80's music too i have a great cd 4 u 2 check out: I want my 80's box it rox! just like the 80's it has songs like mickey (hey mickey) and jenny jenny (8675309) i love it but the 1 thing i dont like is it dosent have the safety dance i love that song lol but anyway i love the 80's clothing 2 but i no im weird im only 11 and i love the 80's but from wat i no the 80's were a happy time sooo god bless the 80's lol :D

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 10/06/04 at 6:13 am

I have heard it on the radio a couple of times this week - it may grow on me. Havent seen a clip yet.

here is another recent aussie article

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/10/02/1096527991796.html

Written By: woops on 10/06/04 at 6:52 pm

The video's on regular rotation on VH1. Though VH1 only airs videos during dawn/early morning.

I wonder if it'll make it on their Top 20 Countdown...

Written By: rubixgirl on 10/07/04 at 8:30 am

I wonder if it'll make it on their Top 20 Countdown...

That would be way cool!  8) I think they have a good shot. (especially on VH1)

Check for new replies or respond here...