inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Van Halen ( What Ya Think Of Them ? )

Written By: Xonnie316 on 09/05/04 at 11:55 am

Well I just simply find this band pure 80s or what,

David Lee Roth days of course ruled,

Well there songs :

Jump
Panama
Running With The Devil
Dance The Night Away
Unchained
Hot For The Teacher

Well few years ago when there was a Van Halen Reunion on MTV, I was just simply blown away, but then I heard the bad news that they got in bad terms again,

I just went on their official site, and Sammy Hagar is back with them and they are on tour,

On there new double cd greatest hits cd, they have few new songs,

So what ya think of Van Halen,

Xonnie316

Subject: Re: Van Halen ( What Ya Think Of Them ? )

Written By: sputnikcorp on 09/05/04 at 12:52 pm

i liked their music up to '1984'. after sammy hagar took the helm, i lost interest in them.

Written By: joedeertae on 09/05/04 at 5:05 pm

i liked their music up to '1984'. after sammy hagar took the helm, i lost interest in them.

Agreed... I think Van Halen was a better sounding rock band with David Lee, he epitomized 80's hair metal. Not to take anything away from Sammy, I like him and all he's just no David Lee Roth when it comes to singing his arse off whilst bouncing around all over the stage.

J.Dirt 8)

Written By: Bobby on 09/05/04 at 6:44 pm

I only know Van Halen with David Lee Roth (Jump and the cover of Beach Boy's California Girls are great tracks).

Written By: Xonnie316 on 09/05/04 at 6:58 pm

I only know Van Halen with David Lee Roth (Jump and the cover of Beach Boy's California Girls are great tracks).

Bobby I don't wanna be an asshole but the Beach Boy's California Girls was a David Lee Roth song not Van Halen, but its okay, just correcting. It was a cool song.

Now as for all of ya, I infact agree with all of you guys,

David Lee Roth with Van Halen was a different story compared to Sammy Hagar.

Xonnie316

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 09/06/04 at 3:17 am

I like them with both DLR and Sammy Hagar...hubby has all their cd's, and I can listen to any of them and enjoy it.  I do like some of the earlier stuff, of course--and hubby prefers them with DLR..but I really liked a lot of what they did with Sammy. 

Though, I must confess I didn't care for the stuff they did with Gary Cherone (?) (the guy from Extreme)

Funny I should see this tonight--because I swear I just read that they were back with Sammy today too! I just thought it was me being "behind the times"! ;)  I'm debating on getting the newest CD for hubby for Christmas, since he has all the others..but read that it was okay but an "unnecessary album".. :-\\

Written By: Bobby on 09/06/04 at 3:41 am

Bobby I don't wanna be an a**hole but the Beach Boy's California Girls was a David Lee Roth song not Van Halen, but its okay, just correcting. It was a cool song.

Xonnie316

O.k  :)

Written By: Jennifer028 on 09/06/04 at 12:28 pm

I've never really liked them..not my type of thing  ;)

Written By: Howard on 09/07/04 at 6:47 pm

I liked them up until 1983 then after that I lost interest in them somewhat after the early 90's when Sammy Hagar joined the group.

Howard

Written By: Howard on 09/07/04 at 6:50 pm

Bobby I don't wanna be an a**hole but the Beach Boy's California Girls was a David Lee Roth song not Van Halen, but its okay, just correcting. It was a cool song.

Now as for all of ya, I infact agree with all of you guys,

David Lee Roth with Van Halen was a different story compared to Sammy Hagar.

Xonnie316

So,why did Sammy and David argue about the name Van Halen in the early 90's? Did they sue for something?  ???

Howard

Written By: stingr22 on 09/08/04 at 12:11 am

I just saw Van Halen in Columbus about 2 months ago.  They were awesome!  I've always liked Van Halen (whether it was Sammy or Dave - Gary Cirrone doesn't count).  I like elements that each guy brought to the band.  In 2004 though, I would rather see them with Sammy.  David Lee Roth is nothing more than a parody of his old self these days.  :-\\

Written By: Davester on 09/08/04 at 8:16 am

I saw Van Halen with Dave in 1984 and they were as bad as it gets. Swigging iced tea from a Jack bottle...guitar solo... bass solo... drum solo... fake improv and banter amongst a band that obviously hated each other and a tired album of songs (Hot for friggin' Teacher?!) That ruined it for me.

Sammy was great. Had some great songs and two good albums. Then they got tired. Years have passed and just the other day I heard "Everybody Wants Some" while I was driving home late. I started to drive fast, really fast. I didn't see the construction signs and the next thing I know I am in a ditch being summoned down a long white hall by an old Indian.  I lived but I'm in a wheelchair now which I control with a straw. Oh how I hate them both now...

Written By: Howard on 09/08/04 at 7:45 pm

http://www.lewzworld.com/vanhalen/pics/dave002.jpg

I miss the old David Lee Roth when he had long hair now he basically has nothing. ;D

Howard

Written By: bj26 on 09/10/04 at 7:55 am

Have you heard DLR as a radio DJ, he really has a gift for gab.

Written By: Xonnie316 on 09/10/04 at 11:14 am

So,why did Sammy and David argue about the name Van Halen in the early 90's? Did they sue for something? ???

Howard

David Lee Roth has recently brought court action against Van Halen, their management, and record company in 2003, claiming he was left out of 1996 royalty renegotiations.

In the summer of 2002, David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar teamed up for the "Heavyweights of Rock," or 'Sans-Halen' Tour. Bassist Michael Anthony joined both Hagar and Roth onstage.

Written By: Howard on 09/10/04 at 6:57 pm

David Lee Roth has recently brought court action against Van Halen, their management, and record company in 2003, claiming he was left out of 1996 royalty renegotiations.

In the summer of 2002, David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar teamed up for the "Heavyweights of Rock," or 'Sans-Halen' Tour. Bassist Michael Anthony joined both Hagar and Roth onstage.

So,actually won in this court battle for the rights to own Van Halen? ???

Howard

Written By: Howard on 09/10/04 at 7:07 pm

I liked the videos after Van Halen broke up with David Lee Roth when he went on his own with the"Just A Gigolo"video and that video had people who looked like Boy George,Billy Idol,Willie Nelson.So,what was he actually saying in the song? ;D

Howard

Written By: Atari on 09/14/04 at 10:00 am

I saw Van Halen with Dave in 1984 and they were as bad as it gets. Swigging iced tea from a Jack bottle...guitar solo... bass solo... drum solo... fake improv and banter amongst a band that obviously hated each other and a tired album of songs (Hot for friggin' Teacher?!) That ruined it for me.

Sammy was great. Had some great songs and two good albums. Then they got tired. Years have passed and just the other day I heard "Everybody Wants Some" while I was driving home late. I started to drive fast, really fast. I didn't see the construction signs and the next thing I know I am in a ditch being summoned down a long white hall by an old Indian.  I lived but I'm in a wheelchair now which I control with a straw. Oh how I hate them both now...

Umm... ok...

VH with Dave was the best. The Sammy years just didn't do it for me. Fair Warning is STILL their best album :)

Written By: Howard on 09/14/04 at 10:03 am

The late 1970's and early 1980's were pretty good years for Van Halen but after that they lost their traditional VH sound. :P

Howard

Written By: Mona on 10/09/04 at 11:00 am

So, what is the name of their newest album?  Hubby would like it for his birthday.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/09/04 at 11:55 am

Well I just simply find this band pure 80s or what,

David Lee Roth days of course ruled,

Well there songs :

Jump
Panama
Running With The Devil
Dance The Night Away
Unchained
Hot For The Teacher

Well few years ago when there was a Van Halen Reunion on MTV, I was just simply blown away, but then I heard the bad news that they got in bad terms again,

I just went on their official site, and Sammy Hagar is back with them and they are on tour,

On there new double cd greatest hits cd, they have few new songs,

So what ya think of Van Halen,

Xonnie316
Running With The Devil and Dance The Night Away are from the 70's....As for the band, I have always personally liked Sammy bteer and consider he and Roth quite different. I think they are two completely different bands hence I like to call them Van Hagar now! I really got into VH and have seen Van Halen live in 1979 and 1980....and I've seen "Van Hagar" once, in 1992. I like both bands but lean a little towards Sammy :)

Written By: Dude111 on 12/31/21 at 9:28 pm

I have thier 1984 album,Fair warning and Women and Children First (I didnt care for Diver down)

All the records I have I do like them alot!!!!!

Written By: Howard on 01/01/22 at 3:48 am

I have thier 1984 album,Fair warning and Women and Children First (I didnt care for Diver down)

All the records I have I do like them alot!!!!!

What about David Lee Roth albums?

Written By: Dude111 on 01/01/22 at 4:53 pm

Ya Dave is def good!!

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/07/22 at 4:25 pm

Without Eddie it ain't Van Halen!

Check for new replies or respond here...