inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: NEED HELP WITH 80s TOY!

Written By: Rox on 09/10/04 at 11:35 am

Hey hey there folks--

I am trying to figure out the name of this toy that was popular in the 70s and 80s.    It was basically like a 12" X 12" platform that had handlebars and small caster like wheels and in order to make the wheels move forward, you had to push the handlebars from side to side.

If anyone can help me figure out what that toy was, that would be excellent!

Thanks!
Rox

Subject: Re: NEED HELP WITH 80s TOY!

Written By: joedeertae on 09/10/04 at 12:25 pm

was this a skateboard like toy that you would sit on?

J.Dirt. 8)

Written By: WembleyBooberGobo on 09/12/04 at 5:58 pm

Was it the Roller Racer?

Written By: rubixgirl on 09/13/04 at 8:11 am

Was it the Roller Racer?

http://www.activityworld.co.uk/sitepages/activity_peterborough/Roller_Racer_1.jpg

Written By: Kyle on 09/14/04 at 12:52 pm

The Roller Racer was sweet.  My brother and I would use it in a different fashion than it was intended though...instead of sitting on the seat and rocking back and forth with the handles, we would put our knee on the seat and push with our free leg.  It would go much faster and we would play games of tag or hockey on them.  It was much more destructive to the Racer though, as the handles seemed to give after awhile because of the added weight from our arms pushing down.

Check for new replies or respond here...