inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite 80's Exercise Video

Written By: hysteric et vous on 09/11/04 at 10:20 pm

Hi there 80's gang, I'm trying to lose my baby weight, my youngest is 6 mos. now and I'm 108 and usually 100, but I'd be happy with 103, so that's still  5 lbs.  Anyway, I want to get into exercising, never had to in the past but obviously things are different now that I'm in my 30's I guess.  I would love to get an aerobics video from the 80's, but only have a dvd player.  Do any of you know of any good exercise videos available on dvd from the 80's?  It would be such a kick to see the 80's leotards and hear the 80's music in the background.  Tonight I did CardioSalsa, it was great! I was surprised by how uncoordinated I am, lol.  But it's a heck of a lot of fun to do anyway!  So any reccommendations? Thanks a bunch ;)

Subject: Re: Favorite 80's Exercise Video

Written By: mrgazpacho on 09/12/04 at 12:04 am

Olivia Newton-John's music video for Physical :D

Sorry, can't help you though. Maybe the Jane Fonda stuff is on DVD?

Written By: hysteric et vous on 09/12/04 at 5:42 am

Thanks Chris for your suggestion.  I checked out Jane Fonda on ebay and found one of her original workout tapes on dvd sort of, it was on ced, whatever that is?  Also the seller doesn't know if it works, but that would've been neat if I wanted to risk it.  There was another 20 min. workout by Bess something or other that was done in 1984, but it would be 20$ w/ shipping and I think that's kinda high for only 20 min. also when I don't know how good it is.  I'll keep hunting ;)  I like projects, lol.

Written By: Howard on 09/12/04 at 9:35 am

Olivia Newton-John's music video for Physical :D

Sorry, can't help you though. Maybe the Jane Fonda stuff is on DVD?

Yeah,Gazpacho I remember Physical.That video had a lot of fat guys in it and turned them into hunks with big muscles. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 09/12/04 at 9:37 am

Richard Simmons and his Sweatin Into the Oldies excersize videos.

Howard

http://www.richardsimmons.com/images/img/image1.gif

Written By: hysteric et vous on 09/12/04 at 11:47 am

Thanks for the suggestion Howard :)
I thought about Richard Simmons, he's so cute in that sweetiepie way, not Tom Cruise cute.  But the thing with Sweatin to the oldies is that it's oldies, wierd, it's done in the 80's but it's going to have a contrived 50's feel.  I'll keep on the lookout on ebay for that Jane Fonda's workout on DVD.  I'll find it sooner or later.  I do really love the cardiosalsa, it's so much fun.  Anyone who is interested in a fun workout routine with a Latin dance twist would enjoy it.   

Written By: hysteric et vous on 09/12/04 at 3:50 pm

am I loser or what for responding so many times to my own thread?  Anyway the Bess Motta dvd is actually pretty good I think, I'm going to bid on it.  It's 3 20 min. workouts, perfect length to do 2x a day and once with the kiddies up.  Wish me luch auction time!  The vhs is going for a crazy amount for some reason, $30+ I think it's discontinued that's why. 

Written By: Howard on 09/13/04 at 8:53 pm

I think this was an excersize Tv program or video...Lilias,Yoga and You.

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...