inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Dukes Of Hazzard Movie Remake (Coming Out In 2005 !!)

Written By: Xonnie316 on 09/15/04 at 6:38 am

http://images.countingdown.com/images/countdowns/movies/3162614/3162614_main.jpg

Well guyz I was chillin at TheGoonies.org forum, and I found out some really interesting retro movie news,

The Dukes Of Hazzard is gonna have a remake, and it ain't gonna have its same original actors but,

One's a JACKASS, the other's been known to hang around a BULLETPROOF MONK.

Read the following:

=========================================
Source Cinescape.com:

The big screen DUKES OF HAZZARD boys have been found and they are JACKASS star Johnny Knoxville and AMERICAN PIE's Seann William Scott. Knoxville will play Luke Duke, the dark-haired cousin (originally played by Tom Wopat in the CBS TV series) while Scott will be blonde Bo Duke (who was originally played by John Schneider on the tube.) Confirming reports that appeared first on the web, pop singer Jessica Simpson has auditioned for the part of Daisy Duke.

THE DUKES OF HAZZARD movie has been in development at Warner Bros. for a couple of years now and this time it finally looks like it's going to happen. Broken Lizard's Jay Chandrasekhar is directing the movie with the script having been penned by the five person comedy troupe.

Other important roles that have yet to be filled include Uncle Jesse, Boss Hogg and Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane. A start date hasn't been slotted by Warners just yet.

=========================================

Now as for spots that have been filled Jessica Simpson actually gotten the part for Daisy Duke its confirmed,

But as for Boss Hogg I wish Danny Devito takes his spot,

Now the thing I am not sure is about Knoxville & Sean Williams Scott if they will click together, coz I sorta thought that if they made together Ashton Kutcher, it may work better, who knows maybe Jackass & The Stiffmeister good throw in a good movie,

Xonnie316

Subject: Re: The Dukes Of Hazzard Movie Remake (Coming Out In 2005 !!)

Written By: sputnikcorp on 09/15/04 at 9:33 am

i wonder if the confederate 'star and bars' flag will be so prouldly displayed on the roof of their charger, if it going to be a charger...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/15/04 at 11:09 am

Zell Miller would be a good pick for Deputy Roscoe P. Coltrane!
:D

Written By: rubixgirl on 09/15/04 at 11:50 am

There's a rumor that Burt Reynolds might be Boss Hog.

Written By: Xonnie316 on 09/15/04 at 11:54 am

There's a rumor that Burt Reynolds might be Boss Hog.

Damn I hate so much Burt Reynolds, don't know why, always tryin to act cool, and a hot shot.

Written By: rubixgirl on 09/15/04 at 12:07 pm

darn I hate so much Burt Reynolds, don't know why, always tryin to act cool, and a hot shot.

I don't know his character in Striptease, I thought, was pretty funny.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/15/04 at 12:54 pm

Why must they do that? Can't they come up with anything orginal?

Cat

Written By: Howard on 09/15/04 at 8:25 pm

I don't know why they have to re-make "Dukes Of Hazzard" and have Sean William Scott from American Pie to play the role of the brothers? They must be joking.It's gonna look horrible. >:( ::) :P

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/15/04 at 9:43 pm

OMG...HOW much MONEY does HOLLYWEIRD NEED ::)

Written By: Howard on 09/16/04 at 9:55 am

I just can't see Sean William Scott portraying Luke Duke. :P

http://img.atpictures.com/seann/scott008.jpg

I mean,he might pull it off somehow. ::)

Howard

Written By: wagonman76 on 09/16/04 at 11:29 am

Oh good god.  I was actually pretty excited until I read the details in the thread.  This is already going to be a huge flop.  Some things are better left alone.

Written By: Howard on 09/17/04 at 9:03 pm

Maybe it won't become a flop.Don't jump to conclusions just yet. ;D

Howard

Written By: wagonman76 on 09/18/04 at 12:21 am

Maybe it won't become a flop.Don't jump to conclusions just yet. ;D
Howard

Yeah youre probably right.  Most of the people going to the cinema probably wont even remember the original Dukes Of Hazzard.  Theyll just be going to see their favorite stars act some more.

Written By: Howard on 09/18/04 at 6:37 pm

Yeah youre probably right.  Most of the people going to the cinema probably wont even remember the original Dukes Of Hazzard.  Theyll just be going to see their favorite stars act some more.

kids who were born in the late 80's or early 90's probably won't even remember The original Dukes Of Hazzard from the 70's-early 80's. ???

Howard

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/18/04 at 7:55 pm

darn I hate so much Burt Reynolds, don't know why, always tryin to act cool, and a hot shot.

Because if he didn't, he wouldn't be Burt Reynolds !  Ever seen SNL's Norm McDonald's impression of BR? Priceless!

They're making a "Knight Rider" movie.
When are they going to do an "A-Team" movie?
What about a "Powers of Matthew Star" movie?

Written By: kslack on 09/20/04 at 3:29 pm

this makes me sick, why must they destroy everything sacred to me! I had Dukes Underoos AND a Dukes Big Wheel....I'm boycotting this movie.

Written By: joedeertae on 09/21/04 at 5:39 am

I think this movie would fair better if they had the original cast in it as an Uncle Jessie type deal and brought the new cast in as more cousins to do their own thing instead of just doing a remake like so many of the "new" ::) movies out today.

Written By: Xonnie316 on 09/21/04 at 8:12 am

JoeDeertae, in fact they did that the 1997 reunion with the original cast, titled : The Dukes of Hazzard: Reunion! which was a TV Movie,

And another tv movie with the original cast The Dukes of Hazzard: Hazzard In Hollywood, which was made in 2000, also was a TV Movie,

Xonnie316

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/21/04 at 8:36 am

this makes me sick, why must they destroy everything sacred to me! I had Dukes Underoos AND a Dukes Big Wheel....I'm boycotting this movie.

Dukes Underoos, Big Wheel?  It would be BLASPHEMOUS for you to go see this movie!
;)

BTW, I had many Big Wheels, but I was strictly Huffy by the time Dukes got popular.

Written By: joedeertae on 09/21/04 at 8:43 am

JoeDeertae, in fact they did that the 1997 reunion with the original cast, titled : The Dukes of Hazzard: Reunion! which was a TV Movie,

And another tv movie with the original cast The Dukes of Hazzard: Hazzard In Hollywood, which was made in 2000, also was a TV Movie,

Xonnie316

Don't know where I was... I did not know of these and I claim to be DoH fan. I'm gonna have to see if I can find a copy of these. Thanks for the info Xonnie316. ;)

Written By: Howard on 09/25/04 at 9:51 am

Or how about an All In The Family remake
Webster
Different Strokes
Mama's Family

Howard

Written By: ElDuderino on 10/08/04 at 8:53 pm

I watched re-runs of this show as a kid, loved it.

I hope the movie turns out good.

Damnit, now when are they going to make a Married With Children movie?  >:( All the original cast are still around, and they are all still acting(some more than others), why not make a movie?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/08/04 at 9:06 pm

Damnit, now when are they going to make a Married With Children movie?  >:( All the original cast are still around, and they are all still acting(some more than others), why not make a movie?
THAT would be cool 8)

Written By: Joel Welden-Smith on 10/09/04 at 2:24 am

Jessica fu*&#!@* Simpson, who's never acted in a movie before, but since she has a cheap, exploitative reality TV show (just like Anna Nicole Smith and the Gotti wife, who should also be entitled to movie contracts) and acts slutty in her generic music videos that puts her into the second string of B movie actors and actresses, one step above aspiring actors like DMX, Ja Rule, Snoop Dogg, Busta Rhymes, Mandy Moore, Britney Spears, and Jennifer Lopez. And we have Sean William Scott, who's acting achievements consist of the American Pie series and Dude Where's My Car. In both movies he played a dumb, stereotypical jackass with slight variations. With the roles and movies that are available to actors in their twenties and under, Sean may never have to stretch beyond that very limited persona.
Back to the Dukes of Hazzard remake, this movie will be just as good as the rest of the remakes we've been blessed with in this golden age of movies:

Charlie's Angels

"There's no grace or wit here, no surprise -- and not even much nostalgia."
Michael Wilmington, CHICAGO TRIBUNE

"I guess I'm just supposed to sit back and enjoy it, but somehow I feel exploited." Terry Lawson, DETROIT FREE PRESS

"An amiable mess." Moira MacDonald, FILM.COM

"This choppily edited film looks like confetti."
-- Carrie Rickey, PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER

"An utter debacle."
-- Mick LaSalle, SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE

"Charlie's Angels is like the trailer for a video game movie, lacking only the video game, and the movie."
-- Roger Ebert, CHICAGO SUN-TIMES

Charlie Angel's: Full Throttle

"What the picture represents, in a very real way, is the death of cinema."
-- Walter Chaw, FILM FREAK CENTRAL

"It's like a whole movie done by Maxim magazine."
-- Richard Roeper, EBERT & ROEPER

"Watching Full Throttle is like being pummeled for two hours with a feather duster. It leaves no scars, but you do feel the pain."
-- Peter Travers, ROLLING STONE

"Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle bears a queasy resemblance to the worst of Burt Reynolds. It's this summer's Cannonball Run."
-- Philip Wuntch, DALLAS MORNING NEWS

"An excuse for a spectacular series of costume and hair changes, not-so-spectacular stunts and a parade of pointless celebrity cameos."
-- Lou Lumenick, NEW YORK POST

"This is something rare: a movie that insulates itself against its own rottenness by being lousy by design."
-- Mick LaSalle, SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE

Starsky & Hutch

"Being a period piece hardly excuses Starsky & Hutch from being a cliche-ridden, uncharming and tiresome exercise in recycled humor."
-- John Anderson, NEWSDAY

"No one involved with Starsky & Hutch actually seems to care about the movie."
-- Manohla Dargis, LOS ANGELES TIMES

"Yet another based-on- a-TV-hit, oh-those- crazy-'70s dud."
-- Eleanor Ringel Gillespie, ATLANTA JOURNAL-CONSTITUTION

"Phillips, who started out making creepy (and funny) documentaries, has become a canny repackager of yesterday's schlock -- a mall-friendly purveyor of arrested comedy for an arrested world."
-- Owen Gleiberman, ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY

"Although fans of the original might enjoy watching the characters return, the movie often goes for cheap laughs with little payoff."
-- Bill Muller, ARIZONA REPUBLIC

"Like most movies derived from 1960s and '70s TV, Starsky & Hutch doesn't possess the kind of ingenuity necessary to sustain feature length."
-- Brian Lowry, VARIETY

"Like countless other flabby, winking studio comedies out there, this movie plays like a series of sketches begging for commercial breaks."
-- Geoff Pevere, TORONTO STAR

"This 'Why bother?' spinoff of the '70s undercover cop show is little more than a 99-minute shtickfest built around something resembling a plot."
-- Chris Vognar, DALLAS MORNING NEWS

"Moves slowly and without much grace; it tries to jiggle laughs out of us instead of letting them flow freely."
-- Stephanie Zacharek, SALON.COM

Scooby Doo

"The obnoxious special effects, the obligatory outbursts of flatulence and the incessant, so-five-minutes-ago pop music on the soundtrack overwhelm what is left of the scruffy, dopey old Hanna-Barbera charm."
-- A.O. Scott, NEW YORK TIMES

"The acting is stiff, the story lacks all trace of wit, the sets look like they were borrowed from Gilligan's Island -- and the CGI Scooby might well be the worst special-effects creation of the year."
-- Richard Roeper, EBERT & ROEPER

"Entertainment more disposable than Hanna-Barbera's half-hour cartoons ever were."
-- Robin Rauzi, LOS ANGELES TIMES

"Not that the TV show was so riveting, but most of the half-hour plots were more compelling than this lackluster warmover."
-- Claudia Puig, USA TODAY

"It's like an amalgam of Ghostbusters, Alien and the Pokemon movies -- minus all the good parts."
-- Michael O'Sullivan, WASHINGTON POST

"This excruciating adaptation of the innocuous '70s cartoon show makes the film version of Josie and the Pussycats look sophisticated by comparison."
-- Lou Lumenick, NEW YORK POST

Josie and the Pussycats

"What we have here are three boring actresses playing three boring characters in one boring movie."
-- James Berardinelli, REELVIEWS

"Josie and the Pussycats are not dumber than the Spice Girls, but they're as dumb as the Spice Girls, which is dumb enough."
-- Roger Ebert, CHICAGO SUN-TIMES

"If this live-action adaptation of pop-cultural piffle isn't proof of moviedom's creative poverty, nothing is."
-- Rita Kempley, WASHINGTON POST

"Nothing more than a cutesy movie strapped with a bad and obvious idea: marketing gone amok."
-- Michael Wilmington, CHICAGO TRIBUNE

"The concept is so hypocritical, it's like Britney Spears calling Christina Aguilera underdressed and overexposed."
-- Susan Wloszczyna, USA TODAY

Garfield the Movie (a travesty to those who grew up on Garfield and Friends)

"Garfield looks like the work of someone who's hardly seen the backside of a camera."
-- Walter V. Addiego, SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE

"A motion picture so ungainly and awful that only an under-8 child could appreciate it."
-- James Berardinelli, REELVIEWS

"Bland as old kitty chow and unappealing to the eye."
-- Jami Bernard, NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

The reviews don't get any better, trust me.

Written By: Joel Welden-Smith on 10/09/04 at 2:42 am

The studios think they can get away with coming out with movies that have no reedemable features, because they probably think audiences are too stupid and uneducated to know the difference between quality entertainment and pure sheesh. For an example of what I mean:

Xonnie316 (proof the American education system isn't teaching grammar or basic english language skills anymore):

"Now as for spots that have been filled Jessica Simpson actually gotten the part for Daisy Duke its confirmed"

"coz I sorta thought that if they made together Ashton Kutcher, it may work better, who knows maybe Jackass & The Stiffmeister good throw in a good movie,"

"darn I hate so much Burt Reynolds, don't know why, always tryin to act cool, and a hot shot."

ElDuderino (gets sucked into the craze, like the nineties kids who spent all their allowance and birthday money on worthless Pogs or dumb, ignorant soccer moms who lie, cheat, kick, steal, and put on a second mortgage to get their bratty kids the latest holiday sensation, like Tickle Me Elmo or Furby):

"I hope the movie turns out good.

Damnit, now when are they going to make a Married With Children movie?   All the original cast are still around, and they are all still acting(some more than others), why not make a movie?"

Written By: Xonnie316 on 10/09/04 at 2:56 am

For your info Joel Welden-Smith,

I actually am not American for your info, I come from Malta, but Australian born, and for your info I quickly typed that thing in few seconds,

And you should learn to register at this board at least instead of Guest Posting,

Xonnie316

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/09/04 at 3:20 am

Hollyweird just KEEPS messing with the old shows....anything to make a buck....it really disgusts me >:(

Written By: Howard on 10/09/04 at 9:35 am

I watched re-runs of this show as a kid, loved it.

I hope the movie turns out good.

A Married With Children movie? Who's gonna play Al Bundy? ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/09/04 at 9:36 am

It seems like remakes don't turn out the way they're supposed to.

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/09/04 at 11:58 am

A Married With Children movie? Who's gonna play Al Bundy? ;D

Howard

Damnit, now when are they going to make a Married With Children movie? >:( All the original cast are still around, and they are all still acting(some more than others), why not make a movie?
Well Howard...just read what ElDuderino said and youi'll see that they haven't planned one as of yet and that AL is still around ;)

Written By: Howard on 10/10/04 at 7:01 pm

I betcha it's gonna get bad ratings and the critics will call the review "The Pukes of Hazard. :P ;D

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...