inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Revenge Of The Nerds Remake Movie (Coming Out In 2005 Also !!)

Written By: Xonnie316 on 09/15/04 at 6:39 am

Well guess what also,

They are gonna make a remake of the 80s classic movie, The Revenge Of The Nerds,

I just can't believe this news, so cool, just hope they don't ruin this movie, and make it look good, so they don't ruin its legacy,

=========================================

Source: Cinescape.com

You know that you're getting old when movies that you first saw as a teenager are being remade. The latest movie project that is helping to advance old age for kids of the 1980s is a remake of the 1984 comedy picture REVENGE OF THE NERDS, a tale of how the geeks strike back against the jocks and popular kids that was told well before Bill Gates made his first billion dollars.

Putting together the remake are CHARLIE'S ANGELS director McG and his biz partner Stephanie Savage (they'll produce the new NERDS); Gabe Sachs and Jeff Judah, creators of ABC's new series LIFE AS WE KNOW IT, are writing the film's screenplay; and O.C. star Adam Brody and GROUNDED FOR LIFE's Brett Harrison are co-producing the movie as well as may star in it.

According to the story in Variety, Brody and Harrison came up with the idea for a remake and then pitched it to McG on the set of THE O.C., the Fox series the director is an executive producer of. They took it to Fox Searchlight Pictures, who bought it, and now it's in development.

The new movie will likely feature cameos by some of the stars from the first film (among them former ER cast member Anthony Edwards) and will mirror the original's storyline.

=========================================

Subject: Re: The Revenge Of The Nerds Remake Movie (Coming Out In 2005 Also !!)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/15/04 at 10:53 am

WHY, WHY WHY must they do that? It will only lead to disaster!!

Cat

Written By: Howard on 09/15/04 at 8:30 pm

I'm wondering who will play"Ogre" Donald Gibb?

Howard

Written By: ferrisb on 09/16/04 at 12:29 pm

WHY, WHY WHY must they do that? It will only lead to disaster!!

Cat

But what if they do a better job of it? A remake doesn't always mean a disaster.. :)

Written By: RojoP on 09/17/04 at 1:34 am

How funny
Back in high school my buddies and I performed the closing performance for our air-band competition. 

"Clap your hands everybody, and everybody clap your hands.  We're lambda lambda lambda and omega moo." 

This brings back fond memories.

We took third place.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/17/04 at 10:28 am

How funny
Back in high school my buddies and I performed the closing performance for our air-band competition. 

"Clap your hands everybody, and everybody clap your hands.  We're lambda lambda lambda and omega moo." 

This brings back fond memories.

We took third place.

Which part did you play?

Cat

Written By: rubixgirl on 09/17/04 at 10:42 am

I love that scene...

Written By: RojoP on 09/17/04 at 8:53 pm

Which part did you play?

Cat

I was "Booger" playing the guitar and then I did the breakdance scene with a buddy of mine that played Lamar. 
It was pretty funny to say the least. 

Written By: Howard on 09/17/04 at 8:55 pm

I'm hoping it will be a good movie when it comes to the theaters in 2005.

Howard

Written By: Howard on 09/17/04 at 8:57 pm

But what if they do a better job of it? A remake doesn't always mean a disaster.. :)

I wonder if David Carradine the guy who played Scholnick will be there in the film? ;D

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...