inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 'Growing Pains' Actress Gold Arrested

Written By: rubixgirl on 09/15/04 at 8:12 am

Sep 14, 1:49 PM EST

The Associated Press

Former "Growing Pains" actress Tracey Gold was arrested after her sport utility vehicle flipped on Highway 118, injuring her husband and two of their children. An infant was unhurt.

Tracey Gold Marshall, 35, of Valencia was booked for investigation of felony drunken driving after the Sept. 3 crash, California Highway Patrol Officer Steve Reid said Monday.

The SUV, with Marshall at the wheel, veered off eastbound Highway 118 near Princeton Avenue just before midnight and it rolled over on its way down an embankment, Reid said.

Marshall wasn't hurt, but her husband Robby Marshall, 39, suffered neck injuries, the officer said.
The couple's 7-year-old son suffered a broken collar bone and a 5-year-old son was cut, but a 4-month-old son wasn't hurt, Reid said.

Officers suspected the former "Growing Pains" star was under the influence of alcohol and she was booked at County Jail. She posted $50,000 bail the following day and was released. A court date wasn't immediately available, the CHP said.

The Marshalls' home telephone number was unlisted and the actress couldn't be reached.

The actress played Carol Seaver during the seven-year run of "Growing Pains," which ended production in 1992.

Subject: Re: 'Growing Pains' Actress Gold Arrested

Written By: sputnikcorp on 09/15/04 at 9:30 am

she was drunk and she had her family with her?! and the husband was what...dumb, drunk as well, unconscious?

Written By: rubixgirl on 09/15/04 at 9:43 am

that's what I was thinking too  ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/15/04 at 11:08 am

Her kids got some "growing pains" of their own!

Written By: rubixgirl on 09/15/04 at 11:49 am

Her kids got some "growing pains" of their own!
;D

Written By: ferrisb on 09/15/04 at 1:28 pm

that's what I was thinking too  ???

Another 80's  star gone completely nuts :o

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/15/04 at 9:51 pm

WHY wasn't hubby driving??

Written By: eightiesfan on 09/16/04 at 8:17 am

That's such a shame, especially after all she went through overcoming anorexia.  I hope this was just a temporary lapse of judgment.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 09/16/04 at 9:31 am

Wow  what a dumb mistake!!!!!!!

Written By: Howard on 09/16/04 at 9:49 am

http://www.karlsonandmckenzie.com/data/ThisWeek/628_tracy.jpg

In this picture,she looks like she's about to cry!  ;D

Howard

Written By: wagonman76 on 09/16/04 at 11:22 am

She could have swerved to miss something in the road, or been blinded by oncoming headlights and missed the corner, or whatever.  They never said she WAS drunk.  But they threw her in jail because they SUSPECTED she was drunk, and now the rest of her life will be screwed up for something she may not have even done.  Our law enforcement system has some serious problems.

Written By: rubixgirl on 09/16/04 at 11:55 am

Howard
I imagine she would after her kids had been hurt.

Written By: ferrisb on 09/16/04 at 12:15 pm

I imagine she would after her kids had been hurt.

Couldn't agree with you more. :\'(

Written By: Jennifer028 on 09/16/04 at 3:53 pm

Howard

Actully it looks like she already had been crying...where'd you get that pic Howard?

Written By: sputnikcorp on 09/16/04 at 4:07 pm

She could have swerved to miss something in the road, or been blinded by oncoming headlights and missed the corner, or whatever.  They never said she WAS drunk.  But they threw her in jail because they SUSPECTED she was drunk, and now the rest of her life will be screwed up for something she may not have even done.  Our law enforcement system has some serious problems.

and you propose that the police in this situation not go on their gut instinct and training just so she saves face....

Written By: wagonman76 on 09/16/04 at 8:01 pm

and you propose that the police in this situation not go on their gut instinct and training just so she saves face....

Im saying they should just have checked her to determine if she was drunk, rather than lock her up based on suspicion.  Its a simple breathalyzer.  Im tired of seeing people locked up and lives ruined based on nothing but suspicion.  Im tired of seeing people assumed guilty unless they got enough resources to prove themselves innocent.  Why cant the system do their job of collecting evidence and all, determine IF someone is guilty, then IF they are then go pick them up?  Instead innocent people get locked up, then if and when they get out its too late because their lives are ruined.  Theyve lost their families, kids, jobs, homes, everything they got, and have been given a bad name in the community.

Written By: RojoP on 09/17/04 at 1:28 am

Sep 14, 1:49 PM EST

The Associated Press
The SUV, with Marshall at the wheel, veered off eastbound Highway 118 near Princeton Avenue just before midnight and it rolled over on its way down an embankment, Reid said.

I take this exit all the time when I play golf in Moorpark, CA. 
Hope that everyone is alright and IF she was drunk she should be prosecuted.

Written By: eightiesfan on 09/17/04 at 9:49 am

This incident reminds me a Growing Pains episode where Carol Seaver was stopped by the police while borrowing Mike's car (don't remember what for, though, I watched it a long time ago), and she fought the charges in the judge's chambers and won.  (I do remember that they found a bunch of unpaid tickets in the glove compartment or something like that.)

Written By: rubixgirl on 09/17/04 at 10:13 am

This incident reminds me a Growing Pains episode where Carol Seaver was stopped by the police while borrowing Mike's car (don't remember what for, though, I watched it a long time ago), and she fought the charges in the judge's chambers and won.  (I do remember that they found a bunch of unpaid tickets in the glove compartment or something like that.)
What a case of life imitating art...

Written By: ferrisb on 09/17/04 at 12:15 pm

Well said  :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/17/04 at 7:40 pm

I have heard constant stories about Tracey's battle with anorexia. I was hoping she would be a better role model for Mary-Kate Olsen, but apparently she's made things worse on her own life again. I feel sorry for her, realizing she did this to herself. :(

Written By: RojoP on 09/17/04 at 8:50 pm

If I am not mistaken, and maybe it has already been posted...
There was an episode in which her boyfriend "Bobby" was killed while drinking, right?

Written By: Howard on 09/17/04 at 8:51 pm

Actully it looks like she already had been crying...where'd you get that pic Howard?

from a music web site.What an ugly mug. :P

Howard

Written By: Howard on 09/17/04 at 8:52 pm

I wonder how Kirk Cameron feels about this?

Howard

Written By: Hairspray on 09/18/04 at 11:30 am

Im saying they should just have checked her to determine if she was drunk, rather than lock her up based on suspicion.  Its a simple breathalyzer.  Im tired of seeing people locked up and lives ruined based on nothing but suspicion.  Im tired of seeing people assumed guilty unless they got enough resources to prove themselves innocent.  Why cant the system do their job of collecting evidence and all, determine IF someone is guilty, then IF they are then go pick them up?  Instead innocent people get locked up, then if and when they get out its too late because their lives are ruined.  Theyve lost their families, kids, jobs, homes, everything they got, and have been given a bad name in the community.

I agree. It doesn't make sense that she would be driving intoxicated with her family in the car. I'm sure the husband wouldn't have allowed the family to be placed in danger if she was lapsing in judgment. Something is amiss here. It could have been a health problem or even an adverse effect to a medication.

Written By: Howard on 09/18/04 at 6:33 pm

To change the subject for a second,Did anyone see the picture of MacCaulay Culkin getting arrested for posession of cocaine? >:(

Howard

Subject: Re: 'Growing Pains' Actress Gold Pleads Guilty

Written By: rubixgirl on 01/07/05 at 12:59 pm

From the Associated Press

VENTURA, Calif. - Former "Growing Pains" child star Tracey Gold pleaded guilty to driving drunk when her sport utility vehicle overturned, hurting her husband and two of her three children.

Tracey Gold Marshall, 35, sobbed as she stood before a Superior Court judge Thursday and heard the charges against her _ one count of felony drunken driving causing injury to her husband and two allegations that she caused injury to two of her sons.

When asked how she intended to plead, she replied an almost inaudible, "guilty."

The former actress, who played Carol Seaver during the seven-year run of "Growing Pains," which ended production in 1992, was behind the wheel of the SUV on Sept. 3, 2004, when it went off a highway in Moorpark and rolled down an embankment.

She will be sentenced March 21. The crimes could lead to a five-year prison term, although Deputy District Attorney John Vanarelli said she would likely be placed on probation because it was her first drunken driving offense.

Mrs. Marshall, her husband Roby Marshall and defense lawyers declined comment.

"For good reasons, we've decided not to discuss this until it is presented to the court for sentencing," defense attorney Chuck Samonsky said.

Mrs. Marshall and her infant son weren't hurt in the crash, but her husband suffered neck injuries and the couple's 5- and 7-year-old sons suffered minor injuries.

Written By: Howard on 01/07/05 at 2:10 pm

What's gonna happen to her career now?

Howard

Written By: kairi747 on 01/09/05 at 7:32 pm

what career does she have now anyway??

Written By: Howard on 01/09/05 at 7:36 pm

what career does she have now anyway??

She basically has nothing. ::)

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...