inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Brat Packer

Written By: eightiesfan on 09/16/04 at 8:20 am

Among the actors, I would pick Emilio Estevez because he's the cutest.  Among the actresses, Ally Sheedy is my favorite.  8)

Subject: Re: Favorite Brat Packer

Written By: sputnikcorp on 09/16/04 at 9:14 am

i picked judd nelson and molly ringwald. judd because of his badass potrayal in the breakfast club (and an inspiration to my attitute and wardrobe in the '80s) and molly because she's hot!

Written By: Jennifer028 on 09/16/04 at 9:32 am

Molly Ringwald and Demi Moore  8)

Written By: eightiesfan on 09/16/04 at 10:12 am

i picked judd nelson and molly ringwald. judd because of his badass potrayal in the breakfast club (and an inspiration to my attitute and wardrobe in the '80s) and molly because she's hot!

My favorite line in The Breakfast Club is when Nelson's character Bender asks the teacher that eternal question: "Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?"  ;D

Written By: rubixgirl on 09/16/04 at 11:57 am

Out of that list I chose Molly and Andrew, though you were missing Anthony Michael Hall.  :o

Written By: Lanie on 09/16/04 at 8:53 pm

Judd Nelson and Andrew McCarthy  :-* :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/17/04 at 11:02 am

Emilio and Molly!

Tanya

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/18/04 at 7:50 pm

Out of that list I chose Molly and Andrew, though you were missing Anthony Michael Hall.  :o

Yeah, where is AMH?  I woulda picked him!  Instead I picked Molly and Emilio.

eightiesfan wrote
My favorite line in The Breakfast Club is when Nelson's character Bender asks the teacher that eternal question: "Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?" 
Vernon: "You'll get the answer to that next Saturday, Mr. Bender.  Don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns!"

I also like the way Bender says:
"Not even close, BUD!!"

Written By: nicolelittle1977 on 11/20/07 at 6:34 pm

I like Molly Ringwald.  She's my favorite.  I liked her on Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club, Pretty In Pink, and For Keeps.

Written By: robby76 on 11/20/07 at 7:27 pm

I voted Andrew McCarthy, with Molly a close second.

Written By: whistledog on 11/20/07 at 7:28 pm

Andrew McCartly for me as well.  I really enjoyed his work, most especially in 'Mannequin', a movie I never get sick of 8)

Written By: nicolelittle1977 on 11/20/07 at 8:11 pm

Andrew McCartly for me as well.  I really enjoyed his work, most especially in 'Mannequin', a movie I never get sick of 8)

Mannequin!!!! I loved that movie!!!!  I used to watch it a lot on HBO back in the late 80s.

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/20/07 at 8:12 pm

Molly Ringwald and Anthony Michael Hall.

Written By: johnny5alive on 11/21/07 at 12:08 am

i liked molly in the bc, but as you might tell from my screen name, its all about the ally! lol!  and did i miss demi moore being in the brat pack?  when did that happen?

Written By: McDonald on 12/29/07 at 11:42 pm

Andrew McCartly for me as well.

Ditto.

I like his movies, even Weekend at Bernies II. Pretty and Pink, a bit sappy and way romantic, but damn good. Confession though: I never watch it anymore because McCarthy's too damn charming in the film; makes me feel kinda awkward.  ;D 

My favourite with him is Less than Zero. It's the only one I have in my own collection.

Have you seen New Waterford Girl? It's a Canadian film he was in. It's fairly new (1999). I haven't seen it, but I really want to. The question is, will it be at the next video club I try? (BTW, isn't is a b!tch to have to search so long and hard to find a film that was made in your own country, which should theoretically be widely available? That happens often, I'm afraid.)

http://www.digitallyobsessed.com/cover_art1/newwaterfordgirl.jpg

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2000_New_Waterford_Girl/andrew_mccarthy_new_waterford_girl_001.jpg

That's a shot of McCarthy in the movie.

Mary Walsh (from the original 22 Minutes) is in it too.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/30/07 at 12:22 pm

Rob Lowe and Emilio Estevez.  Judd Nelson was a close third.

I can't now nor could I ever stand Molly Ringwald.  She always seemed too proud of herself. (Although I love Sixteen Candles, go figure)  And she is NOT Fran Goldsmith!  (I will never get over it)

Written By: Davester on 12/30/07 at 12:41 pm

I never thought much of Andrew McCarthy's acting.  Hard to care about any of his characters...

And that bug-eyed stare thing gets really annoying...

Written By: McDonald on 12/30/07 at 4:49 pm

I never thought much of Andrew McCarthy's acting.  Hard to care about any of his characters...

And that bug-eyed stare thing gets really annoying...

None of the Brat Pack is really all that incredible as an actor. Maybe one or two.

Written By: Davester on 12/30/07 at 5:31 pm

None of the Brat Pack is really all that incredible as an actor. Maybe one or two.

This is true...

Check for new replies or respond here...