inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bizarre Love Thursdays

Written By: Niko101 on 09/16/04 at 8:55 am

Y'know, I should've remembered to post this earlier, but... if you like New Wave/Alternative/Progressive Electronic 80s tunes, then there's a mix show every Thursday morning you might might want to check out. You can hear it online at http://www.c895fm.com and clicking the "on air" at the top. It's from 6am-8am Pacific time. Hope you like it!  8)

Subject: Re: Bizarre Love Thursdays

Written By: Niko101 on 09/16/04 at 9:12 am

DANG IT, VILE!!! I just tried to IM you 'cause he was playing "Never Let Me Down," but couldn't get through!  :P

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 09/16/04 at 5:23 pm

DANG IT, VILE!!! I just tried to IM you 'cause he was playing "Never Let Me Down," but couldn't get through!  :P

You were trying to IM me? Where? On here? On MSN/Yahoo/ICQ/AIM? When? D'oh! Sorry I didn't see this 'til now! I'll try to keep it in mind for next week, if I'm awake!!! It's a bit early, and I'm two hours ahead!! ;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Niko101 on 09/23/04 at 1:12 am

:D

Written By: Niko101 on 09/29/04 at 2:49 pm

Vile, did you tune in to it yet? Since you're two hours ahead, that makes it 8am-10am. I think that makes it 1pm-3pm in England? Now, I do have to make a small disclaimer. We record it live to our laptop from our Thursday night gig, burn it to CD, then send it to the radio station for editing. Any bad editing is their fault. Any inappropriate songs used as fillers are their fault, too. We're going to make an effort to edit the show ourselves to avoid any irritating mishaps. Last week, some dumbass (forgive the colorful language) obviously edited from more than one night's music and played "Just Like Heaven" twice in a half hour. It was all I could do to keep from calling the Program Director and giving him an earful  :-X. Ugh. The reason I want you to hear it is just in case there are any DM remixes you haven't heard that might pop up. You could hear something that makes your day! Cheers.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 09/29/04 at 4:25 pm

Vile, did you tune in to it yet? Since you're two hours ahead, that makes it 8am-10am. I think that makes it 1pm-3pm in England?

It would be 2 p.m. - 4 p.m. in England actually. :)

The reason I want you to hear it is just in case there are any DM remixes you haven't heard that might pop up. You could hear something that makes your day! Cheers.

We have LOADS of Depeche Mode remixes. I haven't heard all of them though! If I'm up early enough, I'll tune in, but it's rare that I am! What would make my day? ULTRAVOX! It would be nice to hear someone else play them for a change! (Though the same could go for Depeche Mode as well, but they're more widely known.) ;D I'll set my alarm if I'm not up too late the night before. I value my sleep! I would love to hear the show sometime!

Absolutely Vile

Written By: KimberIndy on 09/30/04 at 8:33 am

I'm listening right now to "I Got You" by Split Enz. Thanks for the tip--it's a great show!  ;D

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 09/30/04 at 10:11 am

Crap! I forgot all about it, and I just got up not too long ago!!!! :(

Absolutely Vile

Check for new replies or respond here...