inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's music show for kids

Written By: rocksteady on 09/17/04 at 3:39 am

i hope someone can help me with this one.

it was a kids show in the mid to late 80's where 3 guys played in a rock band and sang kids songs while doing goofy skits. the show was super low budget. each rockstar had a wig on, one was blue, the other was red and the last one green. their faces were painted as well. they were like a poor man's KISS singing kids songs. One of the guys was even named "ace".

does anyone remember the name of this show?

thank you

Subject: Re: 80's music show for kids

Written By: rubixgirl on 09/17/04 at 8:24 am

Kids Inc.?

Written By: rocksteady on 09/17/04 at 10:08 am

Hi, thanks for the tip, but i'm afraid it's not Kids Inc.

The show basically centred around these three guys who were a band. They wore long colored wigs, had white painted faces and sang cheesy rock songs for kids. it was only on for a few years in the 80's.
i'm stumped....i wish i paid attention to it a little more.

Written By: rubixgirl on 09/17/04 at 10:22 am

VidKids or Kidd Video? (These are 2 different shows.)

Written By: rocksteady on 09/17/04 at 3:59 pm

It might be VidKids, but i haven't found a link on the show anywhere. it's definitely not kidd Video for sure. If you find any links, please post them....i think it may have been called "kids can rock'n'roll" but i'm am not sure as I can't find any proof to back it up.

Written By: Dayton on 09/18/04 at 4:27 pm

Where did the show run? In the us or Canada or Europe?
I sort of recall a show lke that ages ago, but it's blurry.

Written By: cameron on 09/20/04 at 3:48 am

Was this show a half an hour kind of thing or an hour?
Do you know what station aired it?

Written By: rocksteady on 09/21/04 at 1:32 am

I saw the show on while I lived in canada during my teens in the mid to late 80's. it was music based, no animation of any sort. these band guys would do skits and sing pop songs amongst the three of them. they were not hard rock, but ressed like bad space ace's.

Written By: Vidgrave on 05/28/05 at 1:24 am

The exact title of the show was, as stated above, "Kids Can Rock 'N' Roll", and the guys obviously didn't play the instruments since they couldn't even fake it well - but it was your basic low-budget, educational Canadian tax shelter show... meaning it was pretty bad.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/28/05 at 7:02 pm

The exact title of the show was, as stated above, "Kids Can Rock 'N' Roll", and the guys obviously didn't play the instruments since they couldn't even fake it well - but it was your basic low-budget, educational Canadian tax shelter show... meaning it was pretty bad.

It was very bad...  ::)

Written By: nemro on 06/15/05 at 3:45 pm

The show was KIDEO K-I-D-E-O we are KIDEO!

Check for new replies or respond here...