inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's toys! Help!

Written By: kadie on 09/18/04 at 8:52 pm

Ok so there were these 80's "toys" they were small girls and they had a head, arms, and i think feet. Well you would open them and there would be lipgloss inside. Most were blonde as I can recall. Usually like a triangle body shape.

Also there is this 80's movie. These guys are walking around and they keep knocking on the trees and the trees make music. Me and my sister would love to know what movie it is so we can watch it and bring back the good memories.....

Also whoever is in charge of this site- under 80's toys. You have TOMY mermaid doll. That is the Sweet Sea Doll. She had a movie come out and they made the doll. She originally comes with her hair in a pony tail, with a pink tube top, her royal necklace, her watering can, and a blow up pink sea horse named sea star. Any questions about sweet sea, rose petals place, lady lovelylocks, fluppy dogs, ask me. i know them all so well!!!!

Subject: Re: 80's toys! Help!

Written By: kadie on 09/19/04 at 4:20 pm

So barely anyone has looked at this post. so nobody knows what i'm talking about  :\'( i'm so sad!!!

Written By: elizabeth on 10/07/04 at 3:37 am

Do you know where I can find a Sweet Sea doll? I have been looking FOREVER and if you can help me find one you will make my year!

Written By: rubixgirl on 10/07/04 at 8:37 am

Ok so there were these 80's "toys" they were small girls and they had a head, arms, and i think feet. Well you would open them and there would be lipgloss inside. Most were blonde as I can recall. Usually like a triangle body shape.

Also there is this 80's movie. These guys are walking around and they keep knocking on the trees and the trees make music. Me and my sister would love to know what movie it is so we can watch it and bring back the good memories.....

Also whoever is in charge of this site- under 80's toys. You have TOMY mermaid doll. That is the Sweet Sea Doll. She had a movie come out and they made the doll. She originally comes with her hair in a pony tail, with a pink tube top, her royal necklace, her watering can, and a blow up pink sea horse named sea star. Any questions about sweet sea, rose petals place, lady lovelylocks, fluppy dogs, ask me. i know them all so well!!!!

I sort of remembe rthe triangle shaped dolls, but can't recall their names.

Any other info about your movie? Were the actors in it in anything else?

Written By: Tamara on 03/25/05 at 3:11 pm

:\'( Help! I'm looking for the Sweet Sea doll! if u know or have any more info please please email me! thanks!!

Written By: tara on 03/29/05 at 10:29 pm

Check on ebay under sea sweet shortcake here is the link though.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=242&item=5569161079&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Written By: shekata on 03/29/05 at 10:32 pm

Where you talking about the hugga bunch dolls? 

Written By: bubble on 04/14/05 at 10:06 pm

the doll was called sweet secrects , i work at a resale shop and one came in . it is blue round and has red orange hair the arms and legs and head all fold up and fit inside . i just listed a post wanting to know the name of that same toy w/ make up in it but wasnt sure sweet secrets came with makeup.

Written By: jenni on 04/26/05 at 10:41 pm

I think I know the "toys" you are talking about......did they come as jewelry...like you would wear them as necklaces and they had like one big jewel on them?

Written By: ANDREA on 05/08/06 at 11:41 pm

So barely anyone has looked at this post. so nobody knows what i'm talking about  :\'( i'm so sad!!!
:DI KNOW WHAT U ARE TALKING ABOUT. I ALWAYS WANTED ONE WHEN I WAS LITTLE. I CANT EVEN FIND  A PICTURE OF IT HAVE U FOUND ANYTHING ON IT.

Written By: ANDREA on 05/08/06 at 11:43 pm

SWEET SEA DOLL WERE ARE U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: Watcher29 on 05/09/06 at 8:46 am

Might try "Sea Wee" instead. Yes, it does sound gross if you are English - but I think my sister had one of those mermaid dolls and it was called something like that.

Are these the dolls you are thinking of?
http://seawee.tripod.com/seawees.html

Written By: kadie on 05/23/06 at 4:54 pm

Sweet Sea Dolls are selling on ebay for HUNDREDS of dollars new in box. one yesterday sold for over 500 and like a month ago one sold for 330$ so unless you want to fork over lotsa money i would not get a new sweet sea doll. i have one brand new in the box... but sorry i am so not willing to sell mine. i have pretty much all the collectible sweet sea stuff. i have her parfum her bath collection. all the sweet sea soaps.. man i need to figure out how to make a website.... Everything sweet sea cost money.

As for this movie. I think it might have been some kind of zoobilee zoo movie or something. they were real people in the movie.. they walked down this path and kept hearing music... and the trees i think had musical notes coming out of them... they were not dressed like real normal humans.... thats why i think it might be a zoobilee zoo movie or something...

Written By: Monika on 05/16/08 at 6:14 pm

I don't know the name of the maker of the lil girls but I have pics of me w/ them when I was like 6...I so want to find them..mine was a necklace w/lip gloss..please let me find out if u find out first

Written By: Gloria H. on 07/16/08 at 5:55 pm

:D :D     I'm right here!!!   but I'm topless. I do have the necklace to cover my boobs AND a sweet sea pin for your lapel

Written By: Gloria H. on 07/16/08 at 6:02 pm

:\'( Help! I'm looking for the Sweet Sea doll! if u know or have any more info please please email me! thanks!!

I have one,  and a cute sweet sea  lapel pin about 2 1/2 inches high

Written By: Gloria H. on 07/16/08 at 6:05 pm

Do you know where I can find a Sweet Sea doll? I have been looking FOREVER and if you can help me find one you will make my year!
    Have one, but no top. do have the necklace, and a sweet sea lapel pin

Written By: BlueStar on 08/08/08 at 12:41 am

Hey,
I  so remember those toys you were talking about. they were like necklaces that were people with lipgloss inside. I think I use to have one. As for the movie are you talking about Fern Gully?

Written By: Lauren O. on 10/22/10 at 11:03 pm

Have one, but no top. do have the necklace, and a sweet sea lapel pin

Hi,
How much did you want for the doll and necklace? My oldest claimed mine and now my youngest wants one too! The doll is a bonus, what we need is the necklace. My email is fordlover@mtaonline.net.
Thanks

Subject: Re:Sweet Sea Doll Still in box from 1985

Written By: kim on 06/01/11 at 1:56 pm

would be willing to sell Sweet Sea doll if your interested

Check for new replies or respond here...