inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Long Lost 80's toy

Written By: Ray on 09/21/04 at 1:31 pm

I used to get these packages that would have various action figures on wax paper. It would include a backdrop scene. You would take a pencil and color over the action figures to transfer them onto the backdrop scene. Anyone know what those were called?

thanks
Ray

Subject: Re: Long Lost 80's toy

Written By: rubixgirl on 09/21/04 at 1:55 pm

I remember those...you would use a pencil or something to rub on the out side part so that it would transfer to your scene....oh, but I don't know what they were called... :o

Written By: Ray on 09/21/04 at 2:40 pm

Yep, that's it...

they were kind of like colorforms, except they weren't vinyl...

Somebody has to know...

Ray

Written By: hysteric et vous on 09/21/04 at 10:23 pm

I remember guys in my class doing this as a kid, it's was like major for them.  Why is it I go into 80's speak when I'm on this board??  I don't talk like this irl, well, not really...

I could picture a few boys hovering over a kid's desk, commenting and directing.  I watched peripherally probably checking out the guys, lol.

Written By: ktelqueen on 09/21/04 at 10:44 pm

i'm thinking you're talking about Presto Magix..a passion of mine as a kid..here's a link i found..

http://x-entertainment.com/articles/0761/

Written By: rubixgirl on 09/22/04 at 7:44 am

i'm thinking you're talking about Presto Magix..a passion of mine as a kid..here's a link i found..

http://x-entertainment.com/articles/0761/
That is so it!!! Thank you.  :) :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 09/22/04 at 11:06 am

glad to help  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...