inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What do feel about the new new wave movement in this time?

Written By: Abercrombie86 on 09/22/04 at 11:55 am

Think the younger generation will honor the original or are we a bit reckless?

Subject: Re: What do feel about the new new wave movement in this time?

Written By: hysteric et vous on 09/22/04 at 12:40 pm

hi, I'm an out of the loop sahm, I have no clue even which new groups have a new wave sound.  Can you please fill me in here? thnx ::

Written By: Abercrombie86 on 09/22/04 at 1:04 pm

all american rejects for one.theirs is new wave inspired pop music. kind of an indie sound.

Written By: rubixgirl on 09/22/04 at 1:10 pm

Some of the popular new wave groups would be: Duran Duran, Modern English, Flock of Seagulls, Thompson Twins...to name a few.

Written By: Alice on 09/22/04 at 5:27 pm

hi, I'm an out of the loop sahm, I have no clue even which new groups have a new wave sound.  Can you please fill me in here? thnx ::

Well, as I said on another thread already, some of the new groups to have a new wave sound are: Ladytron, Fischerspooner, Peaches, Felix da Housecat, The Epoxies, Hot Hot Heat, The Briefs, Interpol, Simian, Placebo and VNV Nation amongst others, for example.

Written By: Abercrombie86 on 09/24/04 at 2:06 pm

yeah, me and my sibs are trying to put a synth gruop together so i'm doing some research.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 09/24/04 at 10:21 pm

Well, as I said on another thread already, some of the new groups to have a new wave sound are: Ladytron, Fischerspooner, Peaches, Felix da Housecat, The Epoxies, Hot Hot Heat, The Briefs, Interpol, Simian, Placebo and VNV Nation amongst others, for example.

I have heard Fischerspooner and VNV Nation, and they're good. I've also heard that Ladytron are good as well, but I have yet to hear for myself. So maybe there's hope for the electropop of today! :) And let's not forget those from "back in the day" who are still going and sound just as good today as they did back then!

Oh, I forgot that I'd also heard Placebo. Don't get me started on THAT!! :P

Absolutely Vile

Written By: McDonald on 09/25/04 at 1:01 pm

Most of the bands that are sort of new wave-ish these days aren't at all popular in the grand sense. And the All American Rejects are what I call poppy-punk... I would never give that crappy music the honour of being called new wave. But there are a few I can think of. The Rapture, Deadsy, and the Faint are all great bands with a new wave sound, especially the Faint!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/25/04 at 7:15 pm

I think people make too much of the fashions and don't listen to the music objectively.  Thus, too much of New Wave gets unjustly writte of as bubble gum. 

I hate rock critics.
>:(

Written By: Abercrombie86 on 09/27/04 at 12:59 pm

Rock critics suck.

Written By: krakboi on 09/27/04 at 2:28 pm

I saw the Epoxies and the Briefs last  time they came through town.  Great show, so I guess you can count me as one who likes it.

Check for new replies or respond here...