inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Facts of Life

Written By: hysteric et vous on 09/22/04 at 2:07 pm

Thanks for taking time to anwer my silly poll.  I have such deep thoughts that I contemplate this, lol.

Subject: Re: The Facts of Life

Written By: rubixgirl on 09/22/04 at 2:08 pm

Gourmet Shop for me... :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/22/04 at 3:29 pm

I liked when they attended boarding school with and without the original cast

Tanya

Written By: Dagwood on 09/22/04 at 7:03 pm

George Clooney on that poll.  My favorite time, though, was between the original cast and Edna's Edibles...when it was Blair, Jo, Tootie and Natalie.  When they lived in the kitchen.

Written By: hysteric et vous on 09/22/04 at 8:30 pm

Edna's Edibles, that's right, I forgot the name, thanks Dag!  Anyone remember the name of the novelty shop?  I remember they carried silly things and that there was an inflated palm tree.  There were flourescent(sp) lights too, like in pink and or blue, what was that name, something clever.  Anyone?  Rubixgirl, I bet you know :)

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 09/22/04 at 9:04 pm

Boarding school to Gourmet shop for me.

Inevitably in any TV show about kids, their younger years are the best.  When they get older and become more responsible (see Mike Seaver and Theo Huxitable), they become less fun.  Plus they wear out their welcome. 

So the elementary to high school years are the best of any TV kids.  Especially say around middle school time.  The later high school year and college years generally suck for all TV kids, they are young adults now, still somewhat reckless yes during their 17-21 years, but waaay too mature and old to be fun like they were before.  Nobody laughed at Steve Urkel's "Did I do that?" anymore when he became this 6'3, 20 year old big black guy.

Written By: Lanie on 09/22/04 at 11:51 pm

When they owned the Gourmet shoppe

Written By: hysteric et vous on 09/23/04 at 7:17 am

Alright I'm going to be a b*tch and show my ugly side here...My least favorite time in Facts of life history was the Edna's Edibles because...it seemed like they all had a little too much of the edibles?  Anyone ever notice that they all kind of blimped out at that point?  I mean Natalie was always a little more shapely shall we say but Blaire, Lisa Weschel and Joe, Nancy Mcheon, and my Tutti, everyone just sort of put on a lot of weight.  That kind of annoyed me becuase I liked tuning in to also watch attractive people, a guilty pleasure of mine. My favorite was always Blare and my sister the tom boy liked Joe.  I tiried to copy Blare's barbie doll waves back in hs one year, lol.    Anyway, not sure they really dropped the weight at the time of the novelty store opening but that was one cool store at least.  Ok how many enemies did I just make? lol. 

Written By: rubixgirl on 09/23/04 at 8:00 am

Alright I'm going to be a b*tch and show my ugly side here...My least favorite time in Facts of life history was the Edna's Edibles because...it seemed like they all had a little too much of the edibles?  Anyone ever notice that they all kind of blimped out at that point?  I mean Natalie was always a little more shapely shall we say but Blaire, Lisa Weschel and Joe, Nancy Mcheon, and my Tutti, everyone just sort of put on a lot of weight.  That kind of annoyed me becuase I liked tuning in to also watch attractive people, a guilty pleasure of mine. My favorite was always Blare and my sister the tom boy liked Joe.  I tiried to copy Blare's barbie doll waves back in hs one year, lol.    Anyway, not sure they really dropped the weight at the time of the novelty store opening but that was one cool store at least.  Ok how many enemies did I just make? lol. 

You are kinda right about the weight gain. (and believe me I am not making fun). But maybe they were all kind of going through an awkward stage between being a teen and an adult.

Written By: robby76 on 05/19/09 at 9:25 am

I voted for the Edna's Edibles years. Though anything from season 2 to season 7 is fine by me.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/19/09 at 3:02 pm

Season 2, back when it was still centered around the school and it was Jo's first year.

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/19/09 at 7:21 pm

The Eastland years, followed very closely by the Edna's Edibles years.

Written By: snozberries on 05/22/09 at 2:46 am

wow.. no eastland years with the good cast option....because of that.... and only because of that I have to go with Edna's Edibles as well but honestly.... its all about seasons 2, 3 & 4 for me!!!! 

when is Season four coming out on DVD!!!!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/22/09 at 4:58 pm

I like seasons 2-3. It was cool. And made me want to go to private school.

Part of me still wants to make my own papier mache bust of Jermaine Jackson.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/22/09 at 5:19 pm

I like seasons 2-3. It was cool. And made me want to go to private school.

Part of me still wants to make my own papier mache bust of Jermaine Jackson.  ;D

but they might drown it in the bath tub  :o

I love season four too... the finals episode and the graduation episode... there are other good eps that season but the finals episode is my favorite....

Take My Finals Please part one
Take My Finals Please part two
Take My Finals Please part three

Written By: robby76 on 05/22/09 at 8:43 pm

It's never too late to make a Jermaine Jackson papier mache!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/28/09 at 12:47 pm

Definitely when they were in school.  I have three sisters, and we used to watch it and fight over who got to be which character.  I always wanted to be Tootie, but I always ended up being Natalie.

Written By: snozberries on 05/28/09 at 7:59 pm

Definitely when they were in school.  I have three sisters, and we used to watch it and fight over who got to be which character.  I always wanted to be Tootie, but I always ended up being Natalie.

aw I loved Nat!!! I always wanted to be Jo!  8)

Written By: robby76 on 05/28/09 at 8:21 pm

Natalie was my favourite too - so full of happy energy!

Check for new replies or respond here...