inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help with a movie title.

Written By: McDonald on 10/03/04 at 11:23 pm

Ok, last time I saw this movie I was so so soooo young. It was about this group of kids that found a map which allowed them to travel through time. This is not the Goonies, just so you know. I know the Goonies like I know the back o' me hand ;). One thing I do remember is this one dorky kid with glasses, sort of like a Harry Potter, but not quite. I need the title of this movie, otherwise my life will erupt into total chaos until I find it. Please assist :)...

Subject: Re: Help with a movie title.

Written By: rubixgirl on 10/04/04 at 8:12 am

Do you remember if any of the actors were in any other movies?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/04/04 at 11:26 am

Ok, last time I saw this movie I was so so soooo young. It was about this group of kids that found a map which allowed them to travel through time. This is not the Goonies, just so you know. I know the Goonies like I know the back o' me hand ;). One thing I do remember is this one dorky kid with glasses, sort of like a Harry Potter, but not quite. I need the title of this movie, otherwise my life will erupt into total chaos until I find it. Please assist :)...

The map part makes me think of Time Bandits but they weren't kids-but dwarfs. If that is not it, what else do you remember about it? Even if you don't think it is important, give any details you may remember.

Cat

Written By: McDonald on 10/04/04 at 1:25 pm

I remember a little kid with glasses, and also so sort of aircraft or pirate ship they were traveling with... Maybe it's Time Bandits, but this movie focuses more on the kid and his mates (be they dwarves or humans). I also don't remember Sean Connery being in it.

Written By: rubixgirl on 10/04/04 at 2:05 pm

Here's a site on Time Bandits that has pics and sounds that might help jog your memory if that's it. But the summary is a little boy travels with the dwarves throught time. Hope that helps.

http://www.alicia-logic.com/capscomments/capsBandits.asp

Written By: MLB on 10/04/04 at 4:52 pm

Did it have a little guy Fred Savage in it with monsters under the stairs and needing to find a way back to the "waking world" and out of monsterville?    I don't beleive that's Time Bandits.
    So you might want to start a process of elimination because you know what it ISn't but can't recall what 'tis.  Was it well made and widely released and all that or was it a short lived "bomb"?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/09/04 at 1:07 pm

Could it be "The Lost Saucer"?

Cat

Written By: princessofpower on 10/10/04 at 6:02 pm

Could be 'Explorers' (1985) starring Ethan Hawke who wears glasses in it .  Also stars River Pheonix.

Synopsis from imdb.

Ben Crandall, an alien-obsessed kid, dreams one night of a circuit board. Drawing out the circuit, he and his friends Wolfgang and Darren set it up, and discover they have been given the basis for a starship. Setting off in the ThunderRoad, as they name their ship, they find the aliens Ben hopes they would find... but are they what they seem?

:)

Written By: Howard on 10/10/04 at 6:48 pm

Flight Of The Navigator? ???

Howard

Written By: wagonman76 on 10/10/04 at 9:32 pm

Could be 'Explorers' (1985) starring Ethan Hawke who wears glasses in it .  Also stars River Pheonix.

Synopsis from imdb.

Ben Crandall, an alien-obsessed kid, dreams one night of a circuit board. Drawing out the circuit, he and his friends Wolfgang and Darren set it up, and discover they have been given the basis for a starship. Setting off in the ThunderRoad, as they name their ship, they find the aliens Ben hopes they would find... but are they what they seem?

:)

This is what I was thinking.  I just answered a question in the 70s board that was also probably this movie.  Ive seen this movie a few times, but have had a heck of a time following it.  I want to see it again or just buy the thing.

Check for new replies or respond here...