inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's needs more credit!!!!!

Written By: jana on 10/04/04 at 4:06 pm

WE NEED MORE 80'S WEB SITES (someone who knows how 2 make a website pleaz make a good one on the 80's)...lol but we need more shows on the 80's too and movies ( one great movie that did an excellent example on the 80's was 13 going on 30)
anyway someone pleazz reply

Subject: Re: 80's needs more credit!!!!!

Written By: MLB on 10/04/04 at 4:38 pm

You must realize that most of us who lived thru it and were old enough to remember most of the ways of life at that time probably do not wish to relive it all the time. But yeah, Post-it's were invented, the 84 olympics were in Los Angeles, Vanna White began turning those letters, cassette singles replaced record 45s, but both were still available for a while.  It was fun to see rock and pop co-exist on MTV which inadvertently changed a generation, changed television, changed the way the music industry promoted music by almost making a video "compulsory" to making your record a hit in the mass market....an honest bonafide actor became President.  Whatever you think of Reagan and politics, he took the position seriously. It is said he never went into the oval office without wearing a tie and dress shirt as part of his daily wardrobe.  We learned a lot about Russia and we celebrated with the Germans when the wall came down.
  Stop me if you think I'm wrong.  I'm sure there are sites for specific things but on the whole just a site for the decade is a BIG undertaking.  Sadly I'm not the one to try either. Just wanted to tell you someone out here would reply because you wanted feedback.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 10/04/04 at 4:39 pm

This is the best one out there..the home page is....

http://www.inthe80s.com/

There is TONS of stuff on there!

Written By: Abercrombie86 on 10/04/04 at 5:43 pm

I was born in 86', so i missed a lot of s%&$. but yes i think the decade has been highly over looked.today gas prices are too high, the kids are too high(nice one huh? ;D) and MTV and VH1 have totally sold out!

Written By: Bobby on 10/04/04 at 5:49 pm

In Britain at the moment, the eighties have made a modified comeback (lots of cover songs and ideals from the 80s have come back) and cult kids TV is making big business (He-man, Ulysses, Terrorhawks . . . ).

Retro computer gaming is big in Britain as well.

Regardless of what fashion dictates, I love the 80s!  :D

Written By: Howard on 10/04/04 at 5:56 pm

I think the 80's already has enough credit! ???

Howard

Written By: Chrisrj on 10/04/04 at 7:44 pm

the kids are too high 

I think that can be said for every generation on some level.

I'd like to see the 90s get more credit as a good era though; too many people bad-mouth it as though it were bad(even though I mostly had a blast as a teen).

Anyway, I think the 80s are doing fine.  TV shows and movies about the 80s rate pretty high, and 80s toys and games are making a comeback(Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake, He-Man, Mario VS. Donkey Kong, NES-styled GBA-SP, Transformers, etc).

In fact, I think the 40s-70s(great as they were) still get a lot of credit.

Check for new replies or respond here...