inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What were these called???

Written By: slwoodward2 on 10/05/04 at 10:33 am

In the early to mid 80's there were these little toys that looked like a doll or was just the doll head, and it transformed into makeup (powder compact, eyeshadow, lipstick). Does anyone know what I'm talking about. They were really popular for about a year or two and then they quit making them. They were sort of expensive and I remember my parents wouldn't buy them because of that reason.
They were mostly pink or purple, of course, and I think you could even wear some of them around your neck.

Thanks,
Stacey

Subject: Re: What were these called???

Written By: rubixgirl on 10/05/04 at 10:53 am

In the early to mid 80's there were these little toys that looked like a doll or was just the doll head, and it transformed into makeup (powder compact, eyeshadow, lipstick). Does anyone know what I'm talking about. They were really popular for about a year or two and then they quit making them. They were sort of expensive and I remember my parents wouldn't buy them because of that reason.
They were mostly pink or purple, of course, and I think you could even wear some of them around your neck.

Thanks,
Stacey

I had one that my parents bought for me at a garage sale. It was just a styling head, but I think it was a line of Barbie or Mattel.

Here's a couple of links for some...not that expensive now and they still do make them.  :)
http://www.cybeartoys.com/cybeartoys1/enter.html?target=p_1818.html&lang=en-us

Subject: Re: What were these called???

Written By: slwoodward2 on 10/05/04 at 12:36 pm

I believe your thinking of the barbie head where you could put makeup on her and style her hair. What I am talking about are little transforming compacts and lipsticks themselves. It had the face of a doll on the front with the silk hair on it. You had to like push and slide these different sections for it to open, and there was makeup inside of it.

HELP! It's driving me crazy

Check for new replies or respond here...