inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: does anyone remember this movie??????

Written By: ddc on 10/07/04 at 10:32 pm

alright i remember this movie from when i was a kid.  might not have actually been made in the 80s.  i just remember bits and pieces of it....so here goes....  it had this young girl between like 8-12 with brown hair in it, i remember her laying on her bed maybe like pouting.  then these little creatures come into her room, but cute little creatures like care bears (but not) and they came in thru the mirror and eventually she goes back thru the mirror with them.  where there is like a little fantasy world with an evil woman/witch living there.  i remember something about some kind of like a tree with berries/cherries growing on it.  seems like she had to catch them or save them from the evil lady getting a hold of them.  that's basically all i remember except in the end she makes it back thru the mirror and at that time some relatives that were at her house at the time are leaving & they are like where have you been all afternoon?

Subject: Re: does anyone remember this movie??????

Written By: sputnikcorp on 10/07/04 at 10:37 pm

i think it was labyrinth and that evil lady was david bowie as the goblin king. ;D

Written By: ddc on 10/07/04 at 10:55 pm

no wasn't labyrinth.  i own labyrinth.  the evil queen was actually a woman and you couldn't see her hair had some kind of big funky headpiece on.  this could possibly have been a tv movie, but i don't think so b/c i remember renting it

Written By: rubixgirl on 10/08/04 at 9:33 am

was it cartoon? or live action?

Maybe...

Return to Oz
Through the Looking Glass
Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe

Written By: dd on 10/08/04 at 12:11 pm

no it also wasn't alice in wonderland or alice through the looking glass.  all the characters were real people except for the little furry creatures like care bears or muppets or something of that sort

Written By: mrgazpacho on 10/08/04 at 1:31 pm

Questions like this one get asked all the time around here. Half the time, the answer is "The Hugga Bunch".

http://www.mystiesplace.com/huggabunch/huggapics.html

Written By: Howard on 10/08/04 at 4:03 pm

http://www.mystiesplace.com/huggabunch/images/hb004.jpg

Is this what you're referring to? ???

Howard

Written By: Cheeky Ferret on 10/09/04 at 12:28 pm

Was it Fraggle Rock?

Written By: ddc on 10/09/04 at 5:03 pm

omigosh!  thank u all so much....it was the hugga bunch!  i started to think that maybe i was crazy and dreamed it all up.  glad that there is proof of a movie like that out there!

Written By: lizabeth83 on 11/20/04 at 3:51 am

AHHHH!!!!!!! I was TOTALLY looking for this thing FOREVER!!! IT was driving me batty! I am so happy you have no idea!  THank you THank you THank you. No one else remembered it and I definitely remember what happened very clearly, especially about going through the mirror and losing a show and the TREE! Oh my, the TREE and the APPLES And the EVIL LADY!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'm calm now, I apologize for the !!! but it is so wonderful to find this answer.

Written By: Rhiannon on 11/22/04 at 1:13 pm

Yeah!  It's called "The Company of Wolves"  Totally cool movie!  Kinda Little Red Riding Hood/Werewolf stories.  You can rent this too!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/22/04 at 1:28 pm

It's a weirrrrrrd movie, warning don't watch it late at night with the lights out!

http://www.laserdisken.dk/billeder/forsidealm/102630713625710147.jpg

Written By: Howard on 11/22/04 at 5:39 pm

It's a weirrrrrrd movie, warning don't watch it late at night with the lights out!

http://www.laserdisken.dk/billeder/forsidealm/102630713625710147.jpg

looks like the guy swallowed the wolf while it was still alive.even the cover looks gross. :P

Howard

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/22/04 at 6:04 pm

looks like the guy swallowed the wolf while it was still alive.even the cover looks gross. :P

Howard

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ::)  ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/22/04 at 6:05 pm

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ::)  ;D

or maybe it was that the wolf swallowed him. ;D ::)

Howard

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/22/04 at 6:09 pm

or maybe it was that the wolf swallowed him. ;D ::)

Howard

LOL...... Your killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ::)  ;D

Written By: bliv on 04/05/12 at 5:12 am

I have been looking for this movie for about 12 years now and I can't find it anywhere. The berries are what made the passage through the mirror possible. I remember that. Anyone know where I can find it?

Written By: bliv on 04/05/12 at 5:15 am

It's called on the other side of the looking glass. And there was a part 2 that had something to do with a bird king or crow king that was evil.

Check for new replies or respond here...