inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Short series or TV show

Written By: SyrenMayn on 10/09/04 at 5:50 am

I'm posting this for my husband.

I remember a TV show or series in the late 80's or early 90's. I can't remember everything about it as I was young, but what I do remember is the main character had something wrong with him. Like he got hit by lightning or something. But anyways, he was a normal guy that sometimes(every epesode) he would be transported back intime to either wwI or wwII, I cna't remember off hand. He would go back with his regular clothes and there were people there that would recognise him and knew what was going on. Its not quantem leap, that was another favorite but this one was something I really liked. Any clues?

Subject: Re: Short series or TV show

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/09/04 at 1:02 pm

Could it be "Adventures of Timothy Pilgrim"?

Cat

Written By: rubixgirl on 10/09/04 at 7:50 pm

Maybe Quantum Leap?

Written By: SyrenMayn on 10/10/04 at 3:45 am

Nope, none of those.  One episode that sticks in my mind was he was transported back in time with a police helicopter and he was able to use the bullhorn on it to take out a german radar through the use of the mic against the radar.

Written By: rubixgirl on 10/10/04 at 8:57 pm

Was it a sci fi series like Twilight Zone, Hitchhiker?

Written By: SyrenMayn on 10/11/04 at 3:54 am

I was told that it could have been a movie, another thing was that the red barron was in it as welll  :-\\  I'm going nuts on this.

Written By: Doc Brown on 10/11/04 at 7:02 pm

Pockets, I think you're talking about Biggles, a set of made-for-TV Disney movies based on novels from the 30's.
Capt. Bigglesworth(No relation to Dr. Evil's bald cat) was an RAF pilot in WWI, but some wrinkle in time(I don't recall the science), would yank an American man(relative?) from the present to his aid if he was in mortal danger, and vice-versa. Together, they discovered the Germans had invented a sonic weapon, which if not stopped, would win WWI for the Central Powers, screwing up the course of history. So the pair had to go back in time and 'nuke it', according to his 80's bud! I hope this helps, let me know if I'm right!

Your Pal,
Doc

Written By: SyrenMayn on 10/12/04 at 1:53 am

THATS IT, I am so happy that this is not eating at my brain I could just pass out.  Thanks doc, I appriciate it alot.

Hers a web page that I was ablet to come up with quick.

http://www.domicilium.com/loganandglitz/reviews/g-biggles.htm

Check for new replies or respond here...