inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Candy I remember but dont remember the name

Written By: Derrick on 10/10/04 at 12:51 pm

I remember eating a candy bar in the 80's that was chocolate and caramel.  it was in a red package and the name may have started with an M.  the candy bar had holes in it where the Carmel didn't meet, it was chocolate covered and fairly flat.  it kind of tasted like twix without the cookie. does anyone remember what this was?

thanks in advance
Derrick

Subject: Re: Candy I remember but dont remember the name

Written By: KimberIndy on 10/10/04 at 1:29 pm

Marathon bar. The carmel was sort of braided, and it was covered in chocolate. Very yummy!

Written By: Derrick on 10/10/04 at 9:39 pm

thank you. I didnt know if I was right about the M but obviously I was. now if I could just find something like them since I dont think they are made anymore

Derrick

Written By: KimberIndy on 10/10/04 at 9:44 pm

You might try this candy: http://www.oldtimecandy.com/curly-wurly.htm. It looks and sounds very similar to the original Marathon bar.

Subject: marathon bar

Written By: mom in waiting on 07/17/05 at 12:37 pm

I have been hunting for the Marathon bar for years!  According to www.oldtimecandy.com these were discontinued in the 80's by Mars.  They sell something called Curly Wurly.  It looks somewhat like the old Marathon bar but I don't know about the taste.  Let me know if you try it.

Subject: Re: marathon bar

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/17/05 at 12:45 pm

I have been hunting for the Marathon bar for years!  According to www.oldtimecandy.com these were discontinued in the 80's by Mars.  They sell something called Curly Wurly.  It looks somewhat like the old Marathon bar but I don't know about the taste.  Let me know if you try it.
Marathon Bars are now called Snickers.

Check for new replies or respond here...