inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: North and South

Written By: princessofpower on 10/10/04 at 6:18 pm

Anyone else remember North and South?.  It was a civil war saga starring Patrick Swayze and the dad of Pru, Piper and Pheobe in 'Charmed'

My parents useto let me stay up and watch it.  Kirstie Alley was in it to.

Subject: Re: North and South

Written By: Dagwood on 10/10/04 at 6:20 pm

Great movie.  The books are pretty good, too.  John Jakes is an excellent author.

Written By: princessofpower on 10/10/04 at 7:00 pm

Yay! Happy someone else remembers it.  My fave character was Ashton.

Written By: rubixgirl on 10/10/04 at 8:51 pm

Loooooved this series. It was so awesome. Alot of 80's powerhouses in it. Great stories too.

I liked Patrick Swazye's storyline w/ the woman who was married to that horrible man.

I always wanted to read the books. It seems it would give alot more back story to the characters as well.

Written By: RojoP on 10/10/04 at 10:44 pm

The DVD is being released very soon.

Written By: rubixgirl on 10/11/04 at 8:03 am

The DVD is being released very soon.
Oh, wow! Thanks for the info.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/11/04 at 3:25 pm

A few years back, they showed all of them (Book 1 and Book 2). We sat there with the VCR armed and dangerous so we do have it on video. Of course it is not the best copy but it's ok. They didn't show Book 3 which was kind of stupid since Orry was killed off at the beginning.

Cat

Written By: Koop on 10/11/04 at 4:17 pm

A few years back, they showed all of them (Book 1 and Book 2). We sat there with the VCR armed and dangerous so we do have it on video. Of course it is not the best copy but it's ok. They didn't show Book 3 which was kind of stupid since Orry was killed off at the beginning.

Cat

Book 3 is supposed to be on the DVD version, I think. I was only able to record Book 1 and 2, as well.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/11/04 at 4:29 pm

I remember this mini-series. It was a big deal!

Tanya

Written By: heybaileykay on 03/13/08 at 5:33 pm

I love this miniseries... I have it on DVD and I have the CD. I'm obsessed...especially with Parker Stevenson as Billy Hazard and Lewis Smith as Charles Main. YUM!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/13/08 at 5:37 pm

Yes, I remember it.  I have a bunch of VHS tapes from when I originally recorded it.  I've been a James Read fan ever since.

Written By: Jeffpcmt on 03/16/08 at 11:16 am

I always found it as being just another soap opera only set in the mid-1800's.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 03/16/08 at 11:21 am

My mother absolutely loved the entire North and South saga, and she owned the complete series on VHS (and then on DVD, of course), so I remember seeing her watch it several times over the years. She adores Patrick Swayze and was devastated to hear of his cancer diagnosis... :(

Check for new replies or respond here...