inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: boots from the eighties

Written By: jenfrumtex on 10/10/04 at 10:24 pm

Does anyone remember these little jazz boots that girls wore in the eighties.  I remember wanting some so bad, but they were a little too expensive, so my mom made us buy some knockoffs that didn't quite look the same.  The cool ones were made from really thin, soft, black leather, and they had round toes with really flat soles.  They laced up, and they had seams on the sides continuing down the toes.  I think they may have been made by Capezio, but I can't find them anywhere.  If you have any info, please share!  Thanks!

Subject: Re: boots from the eighties

Written By: Marshawn on 10/11/04 at 11:17 pm

Can they be these?

Tucker boots

Female Shoes Approx 1982 - 1984

These are basically Peter Pan boots but they weren't ususally called that in the UK. They were usually a male fashion, almost always suede, frequently colored beige, black or (if you were in Duran Duran) whatever color happened to take your fancy at the time! There was a female equivalent, 'Pixie boots' which were ususally similar in style but not always suede and either flat or kitten heeled (pin heel not exceeding 1.5/2 inches).

Written By: Marshawn on 10/11/04 at 11:41 pm

Or maybe these?

Elf Boots ---
1984 Leather boots with flat bottoms, no heel usually mid-calf high, suede leather rounded toes, often pleated near top, could be "smooshed" down worn over pants

I'm still lookign for you since i'm not sure exactly what your thinking of!
Mar

Written By: Defleppardrocker on 11/04/04 at 8:13 pm

Hi..Walmart had boots like that a few months ago....I bought some cause they were just like the ones I had in the 80's.  Lol

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/05/04 at 12:59 am

Yes, I had a pair of Elf boots in white! I had a pair of the Tucker boots in red. Geesh, I don't want to remember everything, guys! Don't forget Granny boots as well!

Tanya

Written By: Gis on 11/05/04 at 11:07 am

Granny Boots in the U.K were pointy toed lace up boots with a small heel.I still have my pair to this day !

Written By: NostalgicOne on 01/31/05 at 12:39 pm

Remeber the ones that were just like all these but they like folded down at the top and the inside was colored or patterned???  Usually in solid black or brown and had no heel and the shoe laces were so thin they would always eventually break.

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/31/05 at 3:29 pm

Does anyone remember these little jazz boots that girls wore in the eighties.  I remember wanting some so bad, but they were a little too expensive, so my mom made us buy some knockoffs that didn't quite look the same.  The cool ones were made from really thin, soft, black leather, and they had round toes with really flat soles.  They laced up, and they had seams on the sides continuing down the toes.  I think they may have been made by Capezio, but I can't find them anywhere.  If you have any info, please share!  Thanks!
I remember my white capezio shoes.  I do recall that they made boots. 

Check for new replies or respond here...