inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Obscure MTV Music Video

Written By: Pestie on 10/11/04 at 3:25 pm

During the early years of MTV, 82 to 83 period, I used to sit up late at night with my "wired" VHS recorder making tapes waiting for that specific video to come on.  Due to a flood back home, those precious tapes are lost to the world.  Most of the songs I remember, but one escapes me because of it's one-hit-wonderness. (<--- if that's a word). 

The video showed a Gothic guy (looked like the grim-reaper) on an organ, and had an awesome organ solo in the beginning and middle of the song.  The video switches between this guy playing the organ in the middle of the road, the band performing the song and a guy on a motorcycle.  At some part, I think the end of the song, the motorcyclist crashes through the organ with a cheesy explosion.

Bare with me on the lyrics but I think the chorus goes "Into the night were on the run, because the night has just begun, we've got to be what we can be.....tonight"    ANAnyuesses of the name of the song or artist(s).  I'm thinking it was a group name.
I have had no luck whatsoever.

Subject: Re: Obscure MTV Music Video

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/11/04 at 5:50 pm

During the early years of MTV, 82 to 83 period, I used to sit up late at night with my "wired" VHS recorder making tapes waiting for that specific video to come on.  Due to a flood back home, those precious tapes are lost to the world.  Most of the songs I remember, but one escapes me because of it's one-hit-wonderness. (<--- if that's a word). 

The video showed a Gothic guy (looked like the grim-reaper) on an organ, and had an awesome organ solo in the beginning and middle of the song.  The video switches between this guy playing the organ in the middle of the road, the band performing the song and a guy on a motorcycle.  At some part, I think the end of the song, the motorcyclist crashes through the organ with a cheesy explosion.

Bare with me on the lyrics but I think the chorus goes "Into the night were on the run, because the night has just begun, we've got to be what we can be.....tonight"    ANAnyuesses of the name of the song or artist(s).  I'm thinking it was a group name.
I have had no luck whatsoever.
I LOVED watching MTV when they played good MUSIC! I don't recall this but that doesn't mean anything....I'm OLD :-\\

Written By: zcrito on 10/11/04 at 6:04 pm

A guess, but maybe Australia's Sherbs and "We Ride Tonight" ?

???
:)

Written By: Mark on 06/12/10 at 3:18 am

It would definitely be We Ride Tonight by The Sherbs. Maybe a "one-hit wonder" in US terms (although they also had a top 100 hit with "I Have The Skill") but definitely the opposite in Australia (when known as Sherbet).

Here is the full chorus:
Because the ride has just begun
Into the night we’re on the run
We’ve got to prove what we can be
Because the ride has just begun
(Into the night) Into the night we’re on the run
(Baby tonight) We’ve got to prove our honesty
Tonight

I'd love to get a copy of that video, it was on YouTube but removed due to copyright violation. Oh well.

Check for new replies or respond here...