inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80s clothes... i need help!

Written By: TotallyOTT on 10/23/04 at 4:24 am

hi, i'm going to an eighties themed party and, despite asking everyone i know is old enough to remember 80s fashions, am still completely confused. any help would be much appreciated. i need female fashions/styles and would prefer to avoid shoulder pads if possible!  ;)  :)

Subject: Re: 80s clothes... i need help!

Written By: Heathcliff on 10/23/04 at 6:11 am

Leg-warmers are an absolute MUST.  Pink ones, mind. :)

Written By: TotallyOTT on 10/23/04 at 8:02 pm

Thanks  :)  ;D
Time to go searching in op shops i think...  pink legwarmers... well, that'll be interesting to say the least  ;)

Written By: lytheoney08010 on 11/07/04 at 9:15 am

Leg-warmers are an absolute MUST.  Pink ones, mind. :)

;) Don't forget your accessories ....long pearls, lace gloves, head bands, big hair bows, big bangles or rubber bracelets. Oh Yeah and stonewash denim must have some stone wash!  :)

Written By: D- on 11/07/04 at 9:56 am

If you want something easy, try tight jeans, cuff them so that they are tight at the ankle and wear scrunchie socks (the socks have to stick out of the jeans) and white sneakers.  Then match the color socks with a matching color Champion sweatshirt.  I think I wore that every day from 84-87!  Of course big hair.

Written By: kairi747 on 11/07/04 at 6:18 pm

hi, i'm going to an eighties themed party and, despite asking everyone i know is old enough to remember 80s fashions, am still completely confused. any help would be much appreciated. i need female fashions/styles and would prefer to avoid shoulder pads if possible!  ;)  :)

do the madonna-wannabe look -

headband bow in your hair (cotton, not plastic), lace gloves, ankle socks with lace trim, pumps

also good to go - a swatch watch (scented would be perfect), tight designer jeans (sasson, sergio valente, jordache), layered t-shirts, high top sneakers (i loved my pink reeboks!) with slouch socks.  wow! this is bringing back memories!!  have fun! ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...