inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cool Radio edit tunes

Written By: MLB on 10/27/04 at 8:17 pm

I don't have any websites or anything. I just have commentary on the cool tunes I remember the local radio mixed for on-air play and I wanted feedback if anyone else heard these too.Or others you remember.

One Night in "Viet'nam"--Murray Head with Robin Williams schtick from Good Morning Viet'nam film interjected into the between rifs.    It was hilarious in context of relative commentary from song to williams' character dialog when he's on air at the radio station.

Route 66--Behind the Wheel-- Depeche Mode.(Extra Long Playing)
This song had snips of I tell you no less than 15 of their hits all smashed together between route 66.

Strange love/Bizarre Love triangle: Depeche  mode& New order mixed together.

Subject: Re: Cool Radio edit tunes

Written By: Abercrombie86 on 10/29/04 at 10:26 am

Strange love was pretty cool, but I think I like bizarre love triangle better :)

Subject: Re: Cool Radio edit tunes

Written By: MLB on 10/29/04 at 2:13 pm

HMMMMM,well it depends on my mood really if i prefer bizarre love triangle more or slightly less than strange love.  But the point was--they were mixed together as a "strange Love triange".
      I also remember Tainted Love--Soft Cell with old tv Batman comments.
  We chased the joker to his hideout, but--he eluded us......oooooo, run away (synth "clap clap")
    That wasn't so hilarious as other mixes but it was entertaining. and it did give 2/3 extra minutes to the basic tune. 

Check for new replies or respond here...