inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help - 'Girls Rock Club' anyone remember?

Written By: MrBlueslover on 10/30/04 at 11:10 am

- I am looking for any info on this movie  from 1985 - or whatever happened to the group

here is a snippet I found on the internet

"It's a familiar, heart-wrenching tale. Ten zillion attractive, eager young folk show up at a casting call. Hoping against hope they wait while a small, fortunate handful are chosen (not unlike going to a singles' bar on a Friday night). In this two-hour special, the lives of five real-life dancers-actors-singers who become members of a new L.A.-based group, the Girls Rock Club band, are dissected. Using the techniques of cinema verite, the nosey camera follows the women through the grueling auditions, the euphoric selection process, the explosive rehearsal period and finally onto their chartered bus, where they experience the heaven and hell of performing across the Mi"

The day the movie aired the group appeared on Johnny Carson that night. In fact the last 10 minutes of the movie was actually live as they were getting ready back stage for the Johnny Carson show

Any help appreciated

Subject: Re: Help - 'Girls Rock Club' anyone remember?

Written By: cougardawg5 on 11/25/04 at 7:58 pm

Yes..I remember this.  It was years before the reality craze!

If I recall the group was pretty lame on Carson and niothing ever happened after.  If I'm not mistaken, this was put together by Dick Clark.  I also remember one of the girls suffering some tragedy before the Carson show.  I don't remember more than that expect they never went anywhere!

Check for new replies or respond here...