inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fans Of Def Leppard

Written By: Crazy4The80s on 11/04/04 at 5:04 am

Hey All! I was wondering if there are any Def Leppard out there...I am sure ya are out there somewhere...if there are some out there, what is your favorite album? So far I have about 3 of their albums and I am getting up my collection.  8)  :-*
-Amy H.  ;)

Subject: Re: Fans Of Def Leppard

Written By: joedeertae on 11/04/04 at 7:09 am

Def Lep is one of my many favorite groups, they rocked the 80's as much as a lot of other bands!
As far as my favorite album... that would be a toss up between Pyromania and Hysteria but I liked them all. 8) ;D

Keep on rockin' Crazy4The80s 8) , I can see already youi have great taste in music ;)

on a side note the one armed mad man drummer from H3LL Mr Rick Allen turned 41 :o on 11-01.

Oh yeah... Welcome aboard the boards BTW ;)

Written By: eightiesfan on 11/04/04 at 8:58 am

I'm a Def Leppard fan too - Joe Elliott is one of the hottest lead singers of the 80's.

Pyromania is my fave album.  8)

Written By: _adam_ on 11/04/04 at 10:35 am

Def leppard-greatest 80s band
Hysteria-greatest 80s album
My favorite song is Rocket(check out my signature)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/04/04 at 3:47 pm

I LOVE Def Leppard!!! 

My favorite album, by far, is Pyromania... 8)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/04/04 at 4:06 pm

I LOVE Def Leppard! My fave LP is Hysteria...IMO it has thier best songs ever on it....Love Bites and Pour Some Sugar On Me....then I like Pyromania :)

Written By: gord on 11/04/04 at 4:19 pm

Another fan here, I saw them in Toronto in 82 or 83 I think, I know I saw them, could've been early 84 too. I think Krokus opened for them.  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/04/04 at 7:40 pm

http://www.bestofdefleppard.com/images/cd_1.jpg

I love DL.My favorites are:

Hysteria
Pour Some Sugar On Me

Howard

Written By: Defleppardrocker on 11/04/04 at 7:44 pm

:D   I love Def leppard-they are my favorite band.   I have so much memerabilia from them.  Everthing from all their albums, About 100 4x6 photos of them threw the years, Guitar tab books...you name it i probably have it...LOL     Anyway i have seen them so many times threw out the 80's   and I have even seen them in concert 3 times this year...They're still rockin and sound as fantastic as they did in the 80's!!!  And yes they still look great!!  ;)  Joe is my favorite  and Hysteria is my favorite album.    ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/04/04 at 7:47 pm

And on their web site,they still tour the country and rock the house. :)

Howard

Written By: Xonnie316 on 11/04/04 at 9:28 pm

Def Leppard Fan Over Here,

They are one hell of a group, great songs, they had that cool touch of rock,

Xonnie316

Written By: Lillbrown on 11/04/04 at 10:23 pm

Def Leppard is one of my alltime favorite bands!  Favorite album is Slang from the late 90's, and favorite song is All I Want is Everything.

Written By: woops on 11/24/04 at 2:18 am

Some of my favorite songs:  8)

From "Pryromania":

"Photograph"
"Foolin"
"Rock Of Ages"
"Rock Rock Till You Drop"

From "Hysteria":

"Animal"
"Armegeddon It"
"Pour Some Sugar On Me"
"Love Bites"
"Hysteria"

Written By: HeartsAfire on 11/24/04 at 7:04 pm

Def Leppard is my boyfriend's favorite band & I am a huge fan myself.   

My favorite Def Leppard album would have to be Hysteria...that brings back some wonderful memories of "cruising" with my buddies while in high school.  ;)  I love almost every song on there; my favorite tunes being "Armageddon It" and "Love and Affection".

Written By: Allie Fox on 11/24/04 at 8:03 pm

DL's best album (read: CD) is by far, High and Dry from the old days (pre-Phil Collen).  Bringin' on the Heartbreak and Saturday Night rock.

On Through the Night is a close second.  C'mon. . .  Rock Brigade totally kicks butt!

Written By: Defleppardrocker on 03/06/06 at 9:39 am

Def Leppard is one of my alltime favorite bands!  Favorite album is Slang from the late 90's, and favorite song is All I Want is Everything.

Wow!!!    There's not very many of us Slang fans out there!!!  I've already replied to the Def Leppard fan subject but i had to reply to yours.  Hysteria is my favorite Def Leppard album but i do love Slang too.  Anyway any Def Leppard song or album is great...past or future...lol.    They have just announced on their website defleppard.com that they are starting a new tour again....I can't wait.  Hope they make it here to Las Vegas again!!!!!    :)

Written By: gmann on 03/06/06 at 2:26 pm

I woldn't classify myself as a DL fanatic, but I did like 'em a lot back in the day. In fact, they were the only group I liked that was vaguely lumped in with the "hair band"/metal crowd. IMO, they seem to have a better grasp of melody than most of their hard rock contemporaries of the 80s.

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 03/09/06 at 12:37 pm

I love Def Leppard. My favorite albums would have to be Pyromania and Hysteria. But there were, IMO, some awesome songs on their later albums too. Personally I loved Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad from Adrenalize and Miss You In A Heartbeat and Two Steps Behind from Retro Active. Maybe it was where I was in my life at that point or something, but I loved the ballads of those albums.

I saw them on the Hysteria tour and they were excellent. I still remember Rick Allen's neon shorts..and I think Steve Clark died shortly thereafter, which was a depressing thing to think about.  :(

Personally Rick Savage was my favorite back then..(even named one of our cats after him)..but boy, looking at him recently--let's just say he hasn't aged as well as some others have, IMO... ;)

Written By: Triviamom on 03/09/06 at 9:23 pm

High n Dry was my all-time favorite Def Leppard album. This was when Pete Willis was still in the band; 1981, I think. Rock Rock Till You Drop, Saturday Night, and Bringin' On The Heartbreak & Let It Go were my favorite songs from that album, Pyromania was also a good album, but the start down a new path for the band. I liked the raw effect of High n Dry. I also thought Phil Collin did an awesome job stepping in when Pete Willis got fired from the band.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/09/06 at 11:04 pm

Personally Rick Savage was my favorite back then..(even named one of our cats after him)..but boy, looking at him recently--let's just say he hasn't aged as well as some others have, IMO... ;)

Hey there, long time no see. :)  I swear we must be twins separated at birth.  Rick Savage was my fave, too.  He has aged badly, hasn't he?

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 03/10/06 at 1:56 am

Hey there, long time no see. :)  I swear we must be twins separated at birth.  Rick Savage was my fave, too.  He has aged badly, hasn't he?

Yes..Sav led a 'busy' life..and it shows. ;)

Yeah..I figured out that this board isn't really for me anymore. I kind of lurk every now and then, just to see 'what's new', but I just don't really think I belong here, you know? The board has really changed over the 6-7 years I've been a member of it.  Heck, with all the new boards, new people, all those lost posts in the past..ugh.  :P

But, on a lighter note..we went to a Bon Jovi concert on Monday night and I somehow felt the need to drop by again. (they still totally ROCK, BTW!! ;)) I think it's because hubby and I were talking about Jonman when we were there, since I'd had the chance to meet him at the last  Bon Jovi concert we'd gone to, a few years ago.

It's definitely not what it used to be around here, but it's nice to see that you've stuck it out.  :)

Subject: Def leppard r 4 young n old

Written By: Pops on 04/27/06 at 10:22 am

U probley think cos i like def leppard im not 30 odd im actally a teen there so amazin there 4 young and old im so obbsesed i drive me skool m8 crazy lol i dnt think that sav has aged badly p.s who else cnt wait 4 def leppard new album yeah 2 come out!

Written By: Pops on 04/27/06 at 11:01 am

Im def leppard biggest fan i love them so much n i agree that joe was hot in da 80s but i belive he still is although im 30 somethin years younger than him lol less than a month 2 go til def leppards new album yeah comes out

Check for new replies or respond here...