inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Movies of the 80's

Written By: Crazy4The80s on 11/04/04 at 5:19 am

Okay, time to put on your thinking caps for a bit. Which movie above do ya think is great today as it was then?  8)

Subject: Re: Movies of the 80's

Written By: _adam_ on 11/04/04 at 6:31 am

From list best is Back to future 1,then Sixteen candles and Dirty dancing.

Written By: rubixgirl on 11/04/04 at 9:15 am

I chose other b/c I think all of them are still great. :)

Written By: Jennifer028 on 11/04/04 at 12:23 pm

Dirty Dancing

Written By: RojoP on 11/05/04 at 12:18 am

16 Candles is still as good today as it was yesterday.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/05/04 at 12:50 am

The Breakfast Club

Tanya

Written By: Haman on 11/05/04 at 7:38 am

Hello.

I voted for Back to the Future. All the main characters are lovely, but especially the crazy Doctor (the old man who invented the time-travel car).

Great films.

Written By: joedeertae on 11/06/04 at 11:11 am

I picked the Back To The Future series'. I got the box set of them on DVD a couple of months ago and my kiddos got/get as big a kick out of them as I did when they first came out. :)

Written By: Lanie on 11/06/04 at 3:33 pm

Other - Say Anything...but I like all of those movies listed,too.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/06/04 at 8:18 pm

I picked Back To The Future.

Written By: Dagwood on 11/06/04 at 8:25 pm

16 Candles is a classic that will always be great.  Although, they all are great movies.

Written By: ktelqueen on 11/06/04 at 9:32 pm

Breakfast Club and Dirty Dancing

Written By: Arwen on 12/10/04 at 4:11 pm

Of those, I think that the Breakfast Club is my favorite...but Dirty Dancing is a classic, too!

Written By: Glitter on 12/10/04 at 10:13 pm

The Breakfast Club

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/10/04 at 10:33 pm

Other: Return of the Jedi

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/11/04 at 12:43 am

"Breakfast Club" followed by "Sixteen Candles."  I still love the original "Back to the Future," but I can't vouch for the sequels. "Back to the Future" is a big hit with my little niece, she loves those movies!
The only way I'll ever watch "Dirty Dancing" is via "Clockwork Orange" methods.
;)

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 12/11/04 at 9:34 pm

I chose other because I really have to agree with Rubixbirl that they are all as good today as they were then, if not better....

Rio

Written By: Pun1$3r on 12/12/04 at 12:25 am

The Breakfast Club for me too. Judd Nelson was hilarious.

Written By: Pun1$3r on 12/12/04 at 12:59 am

Those of you who grew up in the 80s, u were lucky. Those movies back in those days were so much funnier than todays modern comedies. I mean there was so many good movies back then, The Breakfast club, 16 Candles, The Halloween series, Nightmare on Elm Street series, Friday the thirteenth series, and the Goonies. We dont have those anymore. We just have the age of the little kids' movies and the sheeshty action and horror films that are getting totally repetitive. There's just a bunch of retarted white guys sitting around a large table thinking about how they are going to ruin another one of America's classic horror movies by either making a sequel or a remake. I'll admit, some of todays movies are awesome, like the Punisher and Collateral but most of them blow. All of America's great actors from the past are getting old and dying off. Nowadays our future actors and actresses aren't that funny. And the other half of the actresses are in a whore off to see which ones can wear the skankiest clothes (or none at all). And the music sucks also. You all grew up with all the awesome rock bands. Their hair may have been scary, but their music kicked ass. You didn't have to grow up with annoying rappers like todays youth do. Rappers are so annoying. They have barely any talent at all. Half of the rappers don't do concerts. Do you know why? It's because they need all their machines for their talent. Eighties rock bands were awesome. I feel like god has condemned me to have to grow up with all the skanky girl pop artitsts, the un- talented rap artitsts, and the crappy movies and actors. I thnk all of the Eighties rock band should unite with all of their old and new listeners and try to ban all rap music from the United States. It is ruining todays youth. I know I probably shouldn't be referring to them as youth being that I'm only 14 but it's true. In the eighties they probably didn't have as many school shootings but around the time that rap music came out crazy bastards started shooting up their schools. It could also have to do with the grunge rock in the early nineties (highly doubtful, Nirvava Rules!). But rap music has no point. The beauty of rock is that it takes on real life situations. How many of us know what its like to "Ice some hoies in a drive-by"? How many of s know what it's like to to break up with our girlfriends/boyfriends or party and drink and smoke pot? Rock is so bad-ass because it takes on real life situations. Anyway. I'd like to close out by saying that those of you who grew up in the eighties consider yourself lucky and I envy you.

Written By: AngeFaitore on 12/12/04 at 11:55 am

Back to the Future all the way.

Written By: UltraViolet on 12/15/04 at 4:14 pm

16 Candles  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...