inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A535 Commercial/Mystery Cartoon

Written By: Anthony Durrant on 11/05/04 at 10:42 pm

Who was that runner in the Rub A535 commercial?  He was a short stocky man with brown hair and a handlebar moustache.  All I know about him is that when I watched Entertainment Tonight one night, they aired the trailer of a movie based on his life, and it was only then that I learned that he had died, which is probably why they stopped airing that commercial.

Also, I was wondering:  years ago, at Christmas 1982, I saw a cartoon on ABC that featured a little blonde doll who was immobile but whose wish for joints was granted on Christmas Eve.  The story of the cartoon featured a song sequence with a live action dancer who played the part of the doll; she performed to the song "Dig those joints, dig those joints, dig those cra-a-zy joints!"

The end of the cartoon featured a moving sequence in which the doll, who now has joints, is sold to a little girl whose mother exclaims:

"That's funny - when I saw her last night, she was a sad doll without joints.  Now she's a happy doll with joints!"

That as the little girl is moving the doll's elbow back and forth!

Could you please tell me the name of this mystery cartoon - please? 

Check for new replies or respond here...