inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Calling All Fans Of 80s Oz Rockers, The Uncanny X-Men!!!!!

Written By: Dee on 11/09/04 at 8:51 am

Uncanny X-fans, I know you're out there, it is high time we created a pressense on the net! If you wanna chat, exchange pics, gossip about or just fondly remember Brian Mannix and the boyz, then please go to: http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/uncanny_x-fans/ and join my brand new online group, Uncanny X-Fans. In time, I would like to create a really cool website and contributions are most welcome.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Dee :)(80smuzikhead)

Subject: Re: Calling All Fans Of 80s Oz Rockers, The Uncanny X-Men!!!!!

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 11/10/04 at 7:19 am

Wait'll BrianMannixGirl sees this thread!  :D

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 11/11/04 at 3:46 am

Gawd there must be something in the air !

Dee we must get together - I started building a site weeks ago to do something with my enormous collection of scrapbooks and posters.  We should make sure your stuff links to mine.

PM me !

And now Brian has announced he is coming to do some gigs in Perth with Kids and Psuedes.  OMIGOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor Fuss - he is getting vewy vewy scared !!!!

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 11/11/04 at 8:42 am

:D Suddenly I no longer feel alone in this world! Has anyone seen Gekko and Wipeout Girl? BrianMannixGirl, this is gonna be HUGE!
Dee :)

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 11/12/04 at 3:04 am

oh dont worry - there are lots of closet Mannix fans (one day Fuss will admit it !!!!!!!!!!  ;)) out there. You just gotta keep shooing away those pesky comic book wierdos !!

Written By: mandamoo on 11/12/04 at 3:33 am

oh dont worry - there are lots of closet Mannix fans (one day Fuss will admit it !!!!!!!!!! ;)) out there.

I won't be coming out of the closet 'cause I was never in there in the first place. No offence BMGirl ;)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 11/12/04 at 8:18 am

oh dont worry - there are lots of closet Mannix fans (one day Fuss will admit it !!!!!!!!!!  ;)) out there. You just gotta keep shooing away those pesky comic book wierdos !!

Stop it, you're scarin' me  ;D

If pushed, I may "JUST" admit to not disliking Sherbet  :)

Written By: mandamoo on 11/12/04 at 8:42 pm

Stop it, you're scarin' me ;D

If pushed, I may "JUST" admit to not disliking Sherbet :)

I can just see you in a satin bomber jacket ;)

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 11/12/04 at 11:38 pm

:o Yes, comic book weirdos, very scary. I remember the very 1st time I did a search for "Uncanny X-Men" and back came several thousand results. Great, I thought, prematurely, cos pretty much all of them were comic book related. I'm actually surprised that Bwian and the boys were able to use that name, without being in breach of copyright. Bit of an improvement on "Tin Huey" in any case.
Hugh Jackman, when he made the X-men movie, had never heard of the comic series, only the band, as mentioned in his "Enough Rope" interview with Andrew Denton: http://www.abc.net.au/enoughrope/stories/s1105705.htm
Love to all weirdos and Brian Mannix fans,
Dee  :-*

Written By: Gecko on 11/13/04 at 6:21 am

:D Suddenly I no longer feel alone in this world! Has anyone seen Gekko and Wipeout Girl? BrianMannixGirl, this is gonna be HUGE!
Dee :)

Somebody mention my name?? :)  BMG - there is another fan on this board!  Welcome 80smuzikhead.  Fuss - I'm with BMG - it's time you stopped denying it and admitted you loved Brian as much as we did.  I can see you dancing around your lounge room singing to 50 years while watching Countdown, can't you BMG? :)

I don't think you will see Wipeout Girl on these boards anymore.  She doesn't visit here - or if she does, she doesn't post anything.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 11/13/04 at 8:36 am

I can just see you in a satin bomber jacket ;)

Only if I was behind the controls of a B-52  ;)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 11/13/04 at 8:38 am

Fuss - I'm with BMG - it's time you stopped denying it and admitted you loved Brian as much as we did.  I can see you dancing around your lounge room singing to 50 years while watching Countdown, can't you BMG? :)

Oy!  Cut it out !

The only reason I watched Countdown was so I could see Skyhooks  ;)

Oh, that and wonder if Mull Of Kintyre was gonna be the Number One song for the 40th week in a row  ;D

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 11/13/04 at 9:09 am

Oy!  Cut it out !

Oh, that and wonder if Mull Of Kintyre was gonna be the Number One song for the 40th week in a row  ;D

Yeah cos we were never quite sure if it was still gunna be up there each week were we !!!!!

Lurved my Skyhooks (RIP Shirl :( )  Red actually produced Xmens album ya know Fuss !!

Hugh Jackman, when he made the X-men movie, had never heard of the comic series, only the band, as mentioned in his "Enough Rope" interview with Andrew Denton: Dee  :-*

Yeah with Hugh being a just few days older than me - he was just the right age to be an x-men fan back then. I was taping that interview with Denton (cos I kinda adore Hughie - and we did rib him a lot when he was our waiter at our fave italian restaurant - telling us he was going to be a big time actor one day !) - I actually fell off the couch laughing when he and Denton started going on aout "The Brian Mannix story finally being told.....".

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 11/13/04 at 10:47 am

:D Countdown, oh Countdown! I really, weally, wealllly hope they'll put the old Countdowns on Rage again, this summer! Hopefully this time, I'll be able to tape them, as well as stay up all night, watching them. (For non-Aussies, Rage is a late-night music video show.)
BMG, Gecko et al, do you remember when Brian Mannix was a contestant on a show called Say G'day!, with Greig Evans? A question would be put to the people on the street and the contestants had to guess which, of 3, was the most popular response. Bwian was wearing a black leather jacket with a cute little black hat -and I'm pretty sure he won.
Love to all lovers of 80s TV and good music,
Ps: FussBudgetVanPelt, I have to ask, what's with the name? It is most original!  :)

Written By: mandamoo on 11/13/04 at 7:34 pm

Oy! Cut it out !

The only reason I watched Countdown was so I could see Skyhooks ;)

Oh, that and wonder if Mull Of Kintyre was gonna be the Number One song for the 40th week in a row ;D

How about Fernando, too ?  THAT seemed to have hold of the number one position for yonks ! :o

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 11/14/04 at 12:24 am

How about Fernando, too ?  THAT seemed to have hold of the number one position for yonks ! :o

Ahh yes - that ole camp fire film clip ended Countdown every Sunday for many many weeks.  If I think back - it may actually hold the record for longest at Number 1 ??

Written By: mandamoo on 11/14/04 at 12:31 am

Ahh yes - that ole camp fire film clip ended Countdown every Sunday for many many weeks. If I think back - it may actually hold the record for longest at Number 1 ??

It was #1 for fourteen weeks (I wasn't counting ;D ), so it would certainly be 'up there' BMGirl !

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 11/14/04 at 5:30 am

14 weeks  :o  - in the words of Alf Stewart "FLAMING HECK" !!!

OK - while it has stretched the friendship I have with my chronically RSI affected right arm - I have completed about ten percent of the website so its ready for viewing by fans and non fans.  And its not biased - I have put stuff from the media at the time that wasnt complimentry as well as the good stuff.

Appreciate any comments - specially re the fonts and colours - on the Trivia page I am concerned the font is too small ??  Let me know what you think.

Much more to do but the numbness in my arm goes from fingers to shoulderblade so I am taking that as a hint to get away from the mouse !

Should be enough to show Brian at the gig next week - unless I have a total girlie moment and run away in embarassment !  ::)

the www.uncannyx-men.com url isnt forwarding at the moment and my domain register is a monday to friday operation - so in the meantime use
http://uncannyxmen.homestead.com/index.html

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 11/19/04 at 6:18 am

:) Excellent work, BMG, I am most impressed! Make sure you publicise it on as many search engines as you can, give those annoying comic book weirdos something to worry about!
Have a top time at the gig next week too. No need to run from little Bwian, he's a sweetie, probably the most approachable celebrity I've met -and a good kisser too ;)
Keep up the good work, mate
Dee :-*

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 11/19/04 at 8:38 am

Ps: FussBudgetVanPelt, I have to ask, what's with the name? It is most original!  :)

Thank you  :)

Ironically, it is highly UN-original, but i know what you mean  :)

Dedicated to my love of Peanuts, "Van Pelt" is the surname of Lucy and Linus and the little known baby brother, Re-Run.

"FussBudget" was the way Lucy described her constantly crabby outlook on life to Charlie Brown in a cartoon.

My use of the name stems from the need for a unique username when I was getting into the net.  Supposedly my name was already taken (which I find HIGHLY unlikely, but there you go!).

So after a number of unsuccessful names, I set out to find one that no-one else would have used, hence FBVP was born.  Simple huh ?  Thanks for asking  :)

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 11/20/04 at 12:23 pm

Well I am back from the gig and I can safely say I am totally deaf - there is this strange ringing in my ears.

I think the "Idols of the 80's" thought they were in a stadium and needed the volume for 40,000 people - what they didnt realise was they were in a small pub in front of 100 people !

The sound was way beyond loud - it was at that uncomfortable buzzing stage - where every lyric and everything they said between songs was just "buzzzz bissssss busssss buzzzzzzz" and the crowd just laughed as it was assumed it must have been something funny and clever.

I love a good loud gig - but only when the mixer knows what he is doing - and this guy didnt.

Brian Canham from Psuedo came out first - with his original keyboardist Pierre Pierre and they did the standard Psuedo hits.  They seemed to be a lot more sober than the gig 2 years ago.

Then Brian Mannix from Xmen - along with his original guitarist Chuck Hargreaves - came out and joined the rest of the band for X-mens biggest hits Work, 50 Years, and Party. Stilol skinny - but with that wee bit of middle aged spread starting - and with the blonde mullet it was hard to tell where Brian Mannix ended and Rod Stewart started ! He still does all his hilarious 80's dance moves - tho he was knackered after each one !!!!!  geez - I remember when he could dance thru a 2.5 hour gig !!

Then Dave Sterry from Real Life came out and did Send me an Angel and Catch Me I'm Falling and another one I missed cos I went to the bar after some guy stepped on my toes while dancing badly - I was about to tell him off when I realised it was Brian Canham.  Dave has aged well and still has a nice voice.

Then Scott Carne from Kids in the Kitchen came out and did all his hits - he still knows how to rock the house and his voice has become so strong 20 years on.

Then Pseudo did a few more of theirs - then everyone came on stage and Brian M did Billy Idols's Rebel Yell, they all did Models Outa Mind Outa Sight and a couple of Duran songs - including Girls on Film where Scotty dragged girls up from the crowd to dance on stage - he came up to me and was saying "come on get up here" - but gee - my 36 year old dignity thought better of it !!!!!

I took piccies and will see how they turned out tomorrow - being digital 90% will be blurry !!

God I cant believe my ears are still ringing.

Idols - babies - get a new sound man.

Edited cos I totally forgot !!  Brian Mannix was talking about the re-release of Band Aid and then he impersonated Bono's big line - and later he pretended to start a "Do they know its christmas time at all" singalong but he forgot the words and gave up !!

Dedicated to my love of Peanuts, "Van Pelt" is the surname of Lucy and Linus and the little known baby brother, Re-Run.

There was another brother ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??? ???

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 11/21/04 at 10:25 pm

I love a good loud gig - but only when the mixer knows what he is doing - and this guy didnt.

My dear, I sympathise. A bloody sound mixer ruined my "Idol moment" a couple of weeks ago. I was in a reasonably important singing comp and the sound was mixed in such a way that I couldn't hear myself sing, so basically, I was up you-know-where, without a you-know-what!

Then Brian Mannix from Xmen - along with his original guitarist Chuck Hargreaves - came out and joined the rest of the band for X-mens biggest hits Work, 50 Years, and Party. Stilol skinny - but with that wee bit of middle aged spread starting - and with the blonde mullet it was hard to tell where Brian Mannix ended and Rod Stewart started ! He still does all his hilarious 80's dance moves - tho he was knackered after each one !!!!!  geez - I remember when he could dance thru a 2.5 hour gig !!

With all due respect and given how much our little Bwian loves Billy Idol, what can I say but:
"Speed, oh let it bleed!"

Edited cos I totally forgot !! Brian Mannix was talking about the re-release of Band Aid and then he impersonated Bono's big line - and later he pretended to start a "Do they know its christmas time at all" singalong but he forgot the words and gave up !!

I wonder if he hates that bloody remake as much as I do! Hope so! Well, the sound was actually quite good at the Eastwood, back in Seatember, but they're playing a hotel in Rozelle this time, so fingers crossed!
Am very excited, will let y'all know how it goes.
Love to all the children of the 80s,

Subject: *Vote NOW, all you Beautiful People!*

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 11/23/04 at 7:02 pm

8) There is a brand spanking new poll on Uncanny X-fans: http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/uncanny_x-fans/surveys?id=1515210 You can vote for your preferred X-men studio album and so as not to confuse y'all, you have only a choice of 2! You do, howerver, need be a member of Uncanny X-fans before you can vote, so what y'all waiting for?! :D

Don't mind me, guys, I'm just EXCITED! Only 2 more sleep til I see Bwian again and I CAN'T WAIT!!!! I've got a little gig of my own, 2 days after and I will have to be in  voice-preservation mode, so if nobody minds, I'll just let it all out here: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! WOWWWWWWWW!!!!!! ;D
I LOVE YOU...........(all)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 11/24/04 at 7:36 am

There was another brother ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??? ???

Yep !  Little known fact, but here he is :

http://www.peanuts.com/comics/peanuts/meet_the_gang/meet_rerun.html

:)

Written By: mrgazpacho on 11/25/04 at 1:23 am

I wonder how Rerun could be so "little-known", considering he was present for over half the strip's run!

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 11/26/04 at 4:30 pm

Well, I saw the gig last night at the Bridge Hotel, in Rozelle, NSW. (Idols Of The 80s) I have to say that it was a bit of a letdown compared to September, at the Eastwood Hotel, where the sound was chrystal clear. At the Bridge, the sound was only so so, but I was able to make out most of what was being said. The program was pretty much the same, with the addition of 1 X-men song, due, no doubt, the the pressesnce of Chuck Hargreaves on guitar. He and Brian seemed so happy to be playing together again, they should bring another old mate or 3 next time! Brian cracked the same crude joke about Nicki Webster's brazillian. It was actually funny last time......... ::)
What can I say? He is one hell of a performer and works the crowd like no one else, but I was NOT IMPRESSED to see him come on for his rendition of the Models' "Outa Mind, Outa Sight" with a fag hanging out of his mouth. >:( What a trashy look! A man's voice can take alot more wear and tear than a woman's and if a voice can survive the making of an album like What You Give Is What You Get! it can survive anything. (My throat hurts just listening to some of those tracks!) His voice has come a long way since then, but how about looking after it for a change? Bad boy, Bwian, bad boy!
Speaking of voices, I was supposed to be preserving mine for my Sunday night gig and I told myself I wouldn't scream, but when little Bwian came on......I lost it, screamed my head off, now I've lost my voice! :D Will have to shut-up for 2 whole days to undo the damage.  :-X Sh** happens! I'm going to bed!
Silently yours,
PS:Felt a bit sorry for the boys, having to use the male toilets as a dressing room. I wouldn't have minded meeting Chucky and telling him that I plan to record "Colour Your Answer Blue" with a string 4-tet. Maybe next time.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 11/27/04 at 12:00 am

I wonder how Rerun could be so "little-known", considering he was present for over half the strip's run!

It's wierd, GazPacho.  Virtually everyone I meantion Rerun to, looks at me blankly  :o    :)

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 11/27/04 at 3:26 am

It's wierd, GazPacho.  Virtually everyone I meantion Rerun to, looks at me blankly  :o    :)

I had to dig out some old Snoopy books just to convince myself I wasnt going nuts - I cant find ReRun mentioned anywhere.  I bought them between 75 and 79 - did he arrive after that ?

For those who wish to be scared - piccies from the eardrum busting Idols gig last week

http://www.brianmannix.homestead.com/GigPhotos.html  The more I look at them - the more it cracks me up how much Brian looks like Rod Stewart now !

Written By: mandamoo on 11/27/04 at 5:40 am

For those who wish to be scared - piccies from the eardrum busting Idols gig last week

Great pics BMG  :D

I see the old Brian is still trapped in the '80's  ;)

Written By: Gecko on 11/27/04 at 6:03 am

Great pics BMG  :D

Ahhh!  I am in love again.......or is that still!!  Great photos and he is still hot.  There's just more of him to love now.  He hasn't changed much over the years.  The really sad thing is that I think that's a good thing!

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 11/27/04 at 8:01 am

I see the old Brian is still trapped in the '80's  ;)

In more ways than one Manda !  He did some seriously hilarious 80's dance moves that I had managed to totally forget after 20 years.

Gecko - do you need a fan ?  palm frond ? big air conditioner ?

hehehe ;D

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 11/27/04 at 8:05 am

Meant to put this link up for you the other day Fuss.  A page I made for the official European Skyhooks site (who knew there even was one !) - after Shirl died.

http://libranmonkey.homestead.com/skyhooks.html

Written By: mrgazpacho on 11/27/04 at 8:13 am

I had to dig out some old Snoopy books just to convince myself I wasnt going nuts - I cant find ReRun mentioned anywhere. I bought them between 75 and 79 - did he arrive after that ?

According to peanuts.com, his first appearance was in 1973. Like I said, he was present for more than half the strip's lifetime!

I suspect he didn't get a whole lot of face-time because he might orignally have been introduced when Shulz realised that he needed another baby, whith Sally having grown up - but then he found that didn't really have a lot for Rerun to do. I remember him best for his back-of-bike philosophy, which seems like a lite version of his older brother's more serious Christian theological musings. He also had a run of "naieve-baby" scenes, sometimes with Snoopy in the background. Fortunately, Snoopy (I think) at the end moved on from the crass 80s commercialism of the "Joe Cool" phase, possibly due to having another "innocent" playmate once more.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 11/27/04 at 8:31 am

According to peanuts.com, his first appearance was in 1973. Like I said, he was present for more than half the strip's lifetime!

I suspect he didn't get a whole lot of face-time because he might orignally have been introduced when Shulz realised that he needed another baby, whith Sally having grown up - but then he found that didn't really have a lot for Rerun to do. I remember him best for his back-of-bike philosophy, which seems like a lite version of his older brother's more serious Christian theological musings. He also had a run of "naieve-baby" scenes, sometimes with Snoopy in the background. Fortunately, Snoopy (I think) at the end moved on from the crass 80s commercialism of the "Joe Cool" phase, possibly due to having another "innocent" playmate once more.

I like the way you think Gaz!  I couldn't have put it better myself, especially the Linus observation!  Good work!  :)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 11/27/04 at 8:33 am

Meant to put this link up for you the other day Fuss.  A page I made for the official European Skyhooks site (who knew there even was one !) - after Shirl died.

http://libranmonkey.homestead.com/skyhooks.html

Hey !  That is great !  I suspect Shirl may have been quite right with his Red warnings as well !  ;D

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 11/27/04 at 9:06 am

Beautiful work, BMG. Would u believe I left my digicam at home last night? I actually spoke to a customer at work, tonight, who was a regular at X-men gigs around Melbourne. He remembers how much fun he had and how young Brian used to crack him up. While we were talking, Bowling For Soup's "1985" came on the radio. Synchronicity or what? ;D
So much for my not talking!
Ps:BMG, speaking of dance moves. At the Eastwood Hotel in September, Brian was hanging onto one of the stage poles like an exotic dancer -so adorable!  :D

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 11/27/04 at 9:07 am

I remember him best for his back-of-bike philosophy, which seems like a lite version of his older brother's more serious Christian theological musings. He also had a run of "naieve-baby" scenes, sometimes with Snoopy in the background.

OMIGOD - as soon as you said "Back of Bike" - I remembered !!!!!!  It all flashed back to me !  I need a forhead slapping smilie !!!!!!!

Written By: Gecko on 11/27/04 at 6:54 pm

BMG - I see the new photo of Brian you have as your avatar.  Not that I don't like this new photo but please put your old one back.  I couldn't get through the week without seeing that old photo.  It's the main reason I come to these boards!! (hehe) :D

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 11/27/04 at 11:07 pm

Hehehehe poor Gecko !!!  I spent last night creating a whole bunch of little Bwian avatars so I can change them weekly !!!

So you can have a different fix each week !!

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 11/28/04 at 2:38 am

BMG, I gotta agree with Gecko here.

The original one was distressingly effemenate, but at least I was used to it  :P

This one makes him look like a reject from Mad Max  ;D

Written By: mandamoo on 11/28/04 at 3:51 am

The original one was distressingly effemenate, but at least I was used to it :P

This one makes him look like a reject from Mad Max ;D

Hee hee that was my initial reaction too ! :o ;D

I third the request in putting back your original avatar BMG !

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 11/28/04 at 8:25 am

Distressingly effeminte.......what kind of talk is that? One of the things I so miss about the 80s was the green light for a man to wear make-up and enhance his natural beauty -provided he could sing of course. A little bit of eyeliner goes a long, long way! And some under-eye concealer doesn't go astray either, to avoid that "haven't been to bed for a week" look when one removes the shades, ahem, ahem! 8)
"Beauty is always ahievable, God bless the Goddess of slap!" (Boy George 2002)http://geocities.com/cultureclubfreak/lips.gif
Some of us haven't forgotten, but I digress. BMG babe, I think a change is as good as a holiday and personally I look forward to seeing all your little Bwian avatars. :D
Love to all crazy people,

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 11/30/04 at 5:21 am

Gossip, don't you just love it? I do -and man, did I hear some at work last night:
A customer of mine has spent the last 2 years in London, amongst other things, managing a night club. One night, the Idols Of The Eighties had a gig at this club and he recieved a somewhat urgent call from secirity: "Yes, we have a little guy from Australia here, says he's part of tonight's entertainment. He's right off his head and we're not so sure about letting him on the stage. Could you come down here please?" And low and behold, it was Brian Mannix! ;D The manager found Bwian to be quite amiable, "the perfect gentleman",inspite of his frightful condition. What's more, he was in fine voice and the show went on as scheduled.
BWIAN! You're a legend, I love you, but for f*** sake, CLEAN UP YOUR ACT! He is such a naughty boy, is he what? :D
Love to all naughty children,

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 12/01/04 at 9:42 am

This one makes him look like a reject from Mad Max  ;D

hehehe thats exactly what he is MEANT to look like !!!  Its his character Max in The Flying Doctors - a young country bumpkin lad who dressed like Mad Max !!!!

The original one was distressingly effemenate, but at least I was used to it :P

bwhahahaha you want distressingly effeminate - here is an even worse one - actually two  !

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 12/01/04 at 8:51 pm

BMG, that top photo (8.jpg) just happens to be the one that I borrowed to do my make-up last Friday night for the gig. The only change I made was to swap the heavy grey shaddow for a more subtle silver. Should have taken a picture.
:)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 12/02/04 at 9:48 pm

Distressingly effeminte.......what kind of talk is that?

I tells it as I sees it Dee  ;D

What it said is exactly how it affects me.  Don't forget, I was a male who grew up in Australia in the 60's and 70's - therefore I had a fair amount of homophobia programmed into me.  ;)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 12/02/04 at 9:50 pm

hehehe thats exactly what he is MEANT to look like !!!  Its his character Max in The Flying Doctors - a young country bumpkin lad who dressed like Mad Max !!!!

Well then at least it makes a bit more sense now !  :)

bwhahahaha you want distressingly effeminate - here is an even worse one - actually two  !

The first one looks like a poor man's Doc Neeson  ;D

I cannot classify the second one.  Keep em coming, BMG, it's just in good fun  ;)

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 12/03/04 at 2:35 am

I tells it as I sees it Dee  ;D

What it said is exactly how it affects me.  Don't forget, I was a male who grew up in Australia in the 60's and 70's - therefore I had a fair amount of homophobia programmed into me.  ;)

hehehehe the 80s make up era must have postively traumatised you !!!!  Actually it traumatised me having all those boys out there at night clubs looking prettier than the girls.

Hows this for the perfect mullett !!!!

Written By: Gecko on 12/03/04 at 5:13 am

BMG - What are you doing to me!!  All these 80s photos of Brian.  I'm getting a little excited.  What a spunk rat he was back then.  Well, we thought so at the time.  The scary thing is - I still think he's sexy! :)  Bring back eye liner for all rock Gods I say.

Still missing your old photo of him though. :\'(

Written By: mandamoo on 12/03/04 at 6:17 am

Hows this for the perfect mullett !!!!

Eeek  :o

I think you may need to put up a warning for those out there with a heart condition, BMGirl  ;D ;)

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 12/03/04 at 7:56 am

Eeek  :o

I think you may need to put up a warning for those out there with a heart condition, BMGirl  ;D ;)

hehehehehe isnt the title of the thread warning enough !!!! ;D  ;D

Poor Gecko is having a whole different kind of palpitation to you and Fuss tho !!! hehehehehe

here'ya Gecko - one last time for ya

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 12/03/04 at 10:42 am

Ooooooh and me too!!!!! I love pretty boys, always have, always will!!! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Fuss, I hope I didn't offend you, cos what I said was all in good fun. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I respect yours if you respect mine and then we can all kinda just love each other and remember our favourite decade. :D
Right now, I would like to talk about another sorta picture, this one:
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_13284646/Covers/uncanny+still+waiting.jpg?bcEVIsBBZY9WaP0v
Now I know I take the pi** alot, but the feelings I had when I saw this........... :\'(
For those of you who have the single, who designed this cover, please?
All I can say is my singing teacher was right, some people hide behind a comic mask.
Sorry to get heavy on y'all,
Dee.

Written By: Gecko on 12/04/04 at 5:31 am

Poor Gecko is having a whole different kind of palpitation to you and Fuss tho !!! hehehehehe

here'ya Gecko - one last time for ya

Yes, I know I am sad!  I am lovin' these photos BMG.  And a BIG thankyou for the last photo - that as you know is my favourite (I kinda like the Cutex one too).  So have I convinced you to change your avatar back yet??

BTW - after coming here and reading these posts every night, it's like I'm back at high school swapping latest magazine cut outs of Brian with friends.  We would have been great mates if I had known you at high school BMG.  After all, you have great taste in makeup wearing pop/rock singers. :)

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 12/04/04 at 12:21 pm

BTW - after coming here and reading these posts every night, it's like I'm back at high school swapping latest magazine cut outs of Brian with friends.  We would have been great mates if I had known you at high school BMG.  After all, you have great taste in makeup wearing pop/rock singers. :)

Funnily I was very much the odd one out in high school (81-83).  I was mostly into David Bowie, Cliff Richard, Sting and Spandau Ballett - they dominated my posters collection in my bedroom. 
My friends were into all the weird alternative music like Souxie etc etc  They considered me very old fashioned and not "with it"!!
I left school in Sept 83 and discovered Bwian around then.  None of my friends like him at all !!.

I really dont know why I have always (to this day) attracted friends who are only into depressing goth suicide drive off a cliff music who ridicule me for my taste in happy cheerful music !
I have never judged people because of their music tastes (tho I do honestly think that their mental conditions would be greatly improved by throwing out their cd collections !!) so I have never understood why they are so comfortable in putting me down because of my musical taste.

It would have been fun to have had a mate back then who was actually into the same music !!!!

Subject: Chopper showing on TEN Mon 6/12/04 9:30 PM

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 12/05/04 at 7:46 am

Attention Brian Mannix Fans!!! Chopper is screening on Network Ten
tomorrow night (6/12/04) at 9:30 PM, featuring Brian in the role of
Ian James.
I haven't seen it for yonks. Will try and upload some relavant
footage to http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/uncanny_x-fans/files
ASAP.
Happy viewing,

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 12/06/04 at 9:00 am

Ooooooh and me too!!!!! I love pretty boys, always have, always will!!! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Fuss, I hope I didn't offend you, cos what I said was all in good fun. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I respect yours if you respect mine and then we can all kinda just love each other and remember our favourite decade. :D

Dee.

Not at all !  I wasn't quite sure if you were serious though, so I clarified  ;)

My bark is a lot worse than my bite I assure ya  ;D

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 12/10/04 at 9:18 am

Could somebody please tell me if "What You Give Is What You Get!" was ever
released on CD? I have an idea that it wasn't, because
Farnsie's "Wispering Jack" was the very 1st Australian CD pressing
and that wasn't out until much later in '86.
I have "What You Give...." on original cassette, remastered onto CD,
but the sound is not too crash-not. So, if anyone can tell me if the
CD was ever released and where I might be able to find it, I will be
eternally grateful.
Cheers,

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 12/11/04 at 2:34 am

Nup "What You Give" was only ever a cassette and LP release.

Love the big fold out record cover - design is hilarious and no matter how often I look at it - I always spot something new !

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 12/21/04 at 3:11 pm

I have just uploaded some totally awesome Uncanny X-men polyphonic ringtones to http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/uncanny_x-fans/files/Ringtones/
They all sound totally cool, just like the record.
Tones include:
"50 Years"
"Don't Wake Me!"
"Everybody Wants To Work"
"I Am"
"I'm On Heat"
"The Party"
"Start Believing"
"Still Waiting"
"Superherro"
plus a silly, disgusting noise off the live EP, I thought might make a good sms alert. ;D
If your favourite X-men song is not there, I will take requests. You do have to be a member of Uncanny X-fans in order to access the ringtones.http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/uncanny_x-fans/join Ringtones are available in AMR and MMF formats and if you are unfamiliar, I sugest reading my Phone Compatibility Guide http://f3.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/0I7IQcwSkQZ2wa5x-fPQenM4Gj_CrgT6pMTaDjyE417YxnfrNlwZlIymPVhSoiXAWOrwiKd-q6SWyse_2h97EA/Ringtones/CompatiblePhones.doc
Enjoy all and Merry Xmas :D

Check for new replies or respond here...