inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Wave videos

Written By: Abercrombie86 on 11/09/04 at 12:23 pm

some were a bit hard to understand, most were just really good stuff....................anything else?

Subject: Re: new wave videos

Written By: Abercrombie86 on 11/09/04 at 12:24 pm

I really dig the video for "dreaming" by Blondie. It was so New Wave. :)

Subject: Re: New Wave videos

Written By: bj26 on 11/09/04 at 3:19 pm

Do you know where one can acquire videos? The VH1 80 shows just show bits and pieces and people talking, I want to tape the old videos like from Solid Gold, MTV, American Bandstand, wherever else they were shown. Have any suggestions?

Written By: Abercrombie86 on 11/09/04 at 3:41 pm

ebay may have thousands of them

Written By: Howard on 11/09/04 at 6:03 pm

Whip It-By Devo

Howard

Written By: woops on 11/09/04 at 6:24 pm

Do you know where one can acquire videos? The VH1 80 shows just show bits and pieces and people talking, I want to tape the old videos like from Solid Gold, MTV, American Bandstand, wherever else they were shown. Have any suggestions?

There's some '80's video compilation DVDs like "Pure '80's: The DVD" and the "Essential Music Videos" collection.  8)

Some I'll reccomend:

"Best of New Wave: Original Hits & Video Clips"
"More New Wave: Orignal Hits & Video Clips"
"MTV20 Pop" (Mix of '80's & early  '90's, but mostly '80's on this disc  8))
"MTV20 Rock" (Mix of '80's & early '90's  :))
"80's DVD Jukebox" (Basically performance clips from '80's new wave bands, but still worth checking)
"Essential Music Videos: Best of the '80's"
"Essential Music Videos: Classic '80's"
"Essential Music Videos: '80's UK"
"Essential Music Videos: Totally '80's"

And a couple  artists like Duran Duran, Devo, INXS, Blondie, The Cure, Depche Mode, etc. have video collections out on DVD.  :)

Written By: Abercrombie86 on 11/18/04 at 12:59 pm

Okay well here's one. They never made a video for the song but I like the preformance:www.depeche-mode.it/photographic.wmv, Depeche Mode's "Photographic".

Written By: Davester on 11/18/04 at 6:01 pm

True Faith - New Order

The two guys slapping each other to the beat of the music was bizarre/funny...

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 11/18/04 at 7:12 pm

Not to intentionally sound biased here, but (Midge Ure era) Ultravox' early videos like "Passing Strangers," "Vienna," "The Voice," and "The Thin Wall" were very new wave. Very film like, everyone dressed in the heighth of fashion. Funnily enough, Visage's videos were much the same!

Absolutely Vile

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/19/04 at 3:19 pm

Duran Duran released a compilation this past year with 2 DVDs of their more popular videos.  A lot of larger bands from the Mtv era are seeing collections of their videos released, but I have yet to see many various artist collections worth putting money on.  The sound quality of the few I have bought have not been good.  I collect the VHS tapes when I find them at flea markets, since I know a lot of them will never get re-released any time soon.

Check for new replies or respond here...