inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Kids watches - "Watchables"

Written By: capillou on 11/10/04 at 12:06 pm

Hello all.  I am trying to locate some watches that were released in the 80s for kids...they were called "Watchables"  I can find nothing about them on the web.  These watches had little animal heads on top that opened up to reveal an LCD watch.  some kinds were lions and butterflies but I did not have those...i had a snake one and a bat one as well.  the name "slime time" comes to mind also but that led nowhere...can anybody help me out...i have already gone to ebay.  i am seriously trying to find these...and will pay TOP dollar to secure as many as I can...thanks a bunch :D

Subject: Re: Kids watches - "Watchables"

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 11/11/04 at 8:50 am

I think they were actually called "Watchinals"?
"Look at the time it's a quarter to nine, but you'll never be late with a Watchinal!"
Ah, that's a memory! :)
Dee.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/11/04 at 9:51 am

They where called Watchimals, I even found a website with info about them, hope it helps!

http://www.juliedesigns.com/watchimal/releases.html

Written By: capillou on 11/11/04 at 12:23 pm

Thanks a lot...went to the website...however the watches I am talking about were more creepy and definitely rubber not plush...the bat was purple and the snake was green. anybody remember seeing these...i know they were rubber because over time my heads broke off. i will try emailing HASBRO to see if they have any records.  if anybody knows anything let me know

Written By: Howard on 11/11/04 at 5:51 pm

I remember these:

http://www.juliedesigns.com/watchimal/images/secondedboxback.jpg

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...