inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Question About Billy Ocean Song

Written By: Tapp Out Radio on 11/11/04 at 10:31 am

I encourage people who listen to my 80's show to email me with songs that I should add to the show's playlist.

One of the most popular songs that was requested was When The Going Get's Tough by Billy Ocean. So I added it to the playlist.

I have received several emails telling me that the song came out in 1979 and is not an 80's song.

Did the song come out before the 80's?

Subject: Re: Question About Billy Ocean Song

Written By: rubixgirl on 11/11/04 at 10:39 am

I encourage people who listen to my 80's show to email me with songs that I should add to the show's playlist.

One of the most popular songs that was requested was When The Going Get's Tough by Billy Ocean. So I added it to the playlist.

I have received several emails telling me that the song came out in 1979 and is not an 80's song.

Did the song come out before the 80's?

No it's definitley 80's. I don't know if there are other versions but the Billy Ocean one was the theme song for Romancing the Stone/Jewel of the Nile w/ Kathleen Turner and Michael Douglas.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/11/04 at 11:15 am

I think I have heard this issue before. I think it was a reissue b/c at the time Billy Ocean had gone unnoticed. He may have used it once he became known.

Tanya

Written By: karen on 11/11/04 at 11:22 am

I just did some Google searching.  The song appears on an album released in 1986.  None of the sites I looked at mentioned it being a re-release and it didn't appear on any earlier albums.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/11/04 at 11:29 am

What a predicament!  ;)

Tanya

Check for new replies or respond here...