inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Smokey and the Bandit playset...

Written By: PeeWee04 on 11/11/04 at 12:50 pm

Hey everyone!  I've just recently remembered that I used to have a set of toys that were from Smokey and the Bandit Part 3.  They included 2 pull-back/rev-up cars (bandit and sherriff, of course), a couple buildings made of cardboard and plastic that broke apart when the cars crashed into them, and some sort of ramp or something like it. 

I was wondering if someone out there knew anything about it, like who made it and what year it came out (I assume sometime around when the movie came out), and how I could get my hands on any part of this set.  I've done searches on the net for them with virtually no success (I just found 1 site that mentioned them, but no pictures).  I would appreciate any info given on these toys. 

Thanks!

Subject: Re: Smokey and the Bandit playset...

Written By: less on 11/30/04 at 6:45 am

Just sirfing the Web....  I do know there will be a 1:18 Bandit Car (from part 3) be released in Fall by ERTL. (82 Recaro Trans Am with Golden Stripes)

Written By: Davester on 11/30/04 at 11:25 am

Just sirfing the Web....  I do know there will be a 1:18 Bandit Car (from part 3) be released in Fall by ERTL. (82 Recaro Trans Am with Golden Stripes)

Nah... If this was a playset it wouldn't be made by ERTL, who specializes in models.  It would most likely be made by some major toy company such as Kenner or Mattel...

I can't find any info on this vintage toy, anywhere, but I don't doubt that it existed...

Written By: Elvis on 11/30/04 at 11:35 am

Hey everyone!  I've just recently remembered that I used to have a set of toys that were from Smokey and the Bandit Part 3.  They included 2 pull-back/rev-up cars (bandit and sherriff, of course), a couple buildings made of cardboard and plastic that broke apart when the cars crashed into them, and some sort of ramp or something like it. 

I was wondering if someone out there knew anything about it, like who made it and what year it came out (I assume sometime around when the movie came out), and how I could get my hands on any part of this set.  I've done searches on the net for them with virtually no success (I just found 1 site that mentioned them, but no pictures).  I would appreciate any info given on these toys. 

Thanks!

I think merchandising was under contract with Hal Needham/ Mort Engeberg the producers. Since it was filmed in my state of Georgia and I had a role as an extra on Cannonball Run, everything Burt did he had a share in, so look up his website as well. He filmed many pictures here. Smokey and Bandit 1 and 2 part of 3, Gator, WW and Dixie Dancekings, Cannonball Run, The Longest Yard, Sharky's Machine, some of Stick and the classic Deliverance. I got to meet most of the cast of Cannonball Run but Burt stayed out of sight probably in a room with Farrah Fawcett.

Check for new replies or respond here...