inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: feather earrings!

Written By: kairi747 on 11/12/04 at 10:06 am

:D

who had them?  who loved them?
i think i had them in just about every color, plus the natural brown ones!  thought they were going to make a comeback last year when i saw them in claire's.  but i never saw anyone actually wearing them!  oh well!

Subject: Re: feather earrings!

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 11/13/04 at 4:12 am

I scored a pair out of the Barbie showbag, 1984, fluffy and baby pink. I loved them, but was yet to have my ears pierced. I've noticed alot of 80s earrings back in vogue. Just glad those horrible plastic button earrings haven't re-emerged -now they were scary!

Written By: Gecko on 11/13/04 at 6:24 am

I have to admit that I loved them, but I never wore them as I didn't get my ears pierced until I was about 25.  Now that I have pierced ears, I also have to admit that I wear my thread earings way too often. :)

Written By: tracie on 12/07/04 at 12:29 am

I still have mine!  Mine were pink! 

I also had telephone earrings.  Anyone remember those?

Written By: eightiesfan on 12/07/04 at 9:17 am

I still have mine!  Mine were pink! 

I also had telephone earrings.  Anyone remember those?

When I think of telephone earrings, I have memories of watching daytime soaps in the 80's and watching scenes where the women would have to take off their earrings or ear clips to answer the phone.

Written By: kairi747 on 12/07/04 at 9:43 am

i LOVE telephone earrings!  ,y cousin just had a pair on at a party over the summer.  i have to check out ebay and see if they have any!!

Written By: kairi747 on 12/07/04 at 9:53 am

i found them!!  unfortunately there was only one pair available, but keep looking!! COOL!  :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/02/06 at 7:20 am

I actually make jewelry and have thought of dabbling with the idea of making feather earrings. I already make earrings of out interesting things like guitar picks, barbie doll shoes, zippers, etc.

Written By: karen on 03/02/06 at 7:36 am

I had a pair of feather ear-rings.  I think they were pink.  I might still have them somewhere, I know I've kept a lot of my collection.

Written By: robby76 on 03/02/06 at 7:54 am

But Mr T was the epitome of feather earrings!

http://home.planet.nl/~marte163/T014.JPG

Written By: lorac614 on 03/02/06 at 8:37 am

I really wanted a pair, but my parents wouldn't let me have them.  They tought they made you look "tough". 

Written By: Gis on 03/02/06 at 10:19 am

I had a pair with peacocks feathers on them, Just the eye bit and not the whole 2ft long feather that is !

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/02/06 at 11:05 am

I've actually seen feather earrings and other '80s-style earrings alot lately.

Written By: karen on 03/02/06 at 11:26 am

I've actually seen feather earrings and other '80s-style earrings alot lately.

I'll have to dig mine out then!!

Written By: BCRichrocker on 03/02/06 at 3:38 pm

Back in the day, when I was working to be a rock star, part of the "look" I was going to go for was long feathered earrings to contrast my long hair. I was going to actually convert roach clips into earrings and use those (no colored feathers. Just natural grey or brown with white on them feathers). But alas I never got my ears pierced nor accomplished my rock star dreams (I also quit smoking pot as well, thank goodness).....

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/02/06 at 5:45 pm

I love feather earrings.  I have a pair of black feather earrings; I wear them with superdressy outfits.  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...