inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need help finding a song

Written By: Badaboom on 11/12/04 at 4:49 pm

Need help finding a song that was made in the 80's. Probably synth. Video is showing a couple laying in bed watching a film on the wall. The video ends when the nuke explodes and the 16 mm film burns.

Subject: Re: Need help finding a song

Written By: sputnikcorp on 11/12/04 at 4:58 pm

dancing with tears in my eyes by ultravox

Written By: Howard on 11/12/04 at 8:20 pm

could be "Land Of Confusion" By Genesis?

Howard

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 11/13/04 at 10:40 am

D'oh! You beat me to it!!!!!!!! :D Yes, that's probably the one, except I don't think they were actually watching the film. The video ends with a lovely home movie of Midge with "wife and child" goofing around in the back garden (I believe it was the back garden of Midge's home then), and then the film burns up. Here's a brief synopsis of the video itself (hey, it's my favourite video of all time, by my favourite band, and it was played on RetroRequest for me some weeks back. Cut me some slack!) :D OK, here goes:

We begin at a nuclear power plant (I think). A warning goes up that a nuclear explosion is imminent. The workers in the plant (which include members of Ultravox) are in a state of panic. Midge Ure is driving down the road when he sees a mass of people panicking in the street. He notices the warning about the explosion on a television screen and gets out of his car and runs home. His wife is on the phone, very upset, when she sees Midge. They embrace, put some music on (on a very cool turntable which I have wanted ever since I first saw that video!), slow dance, look in on their son, and then lie down and cuddle under a white sheet on the floor. Then the explosion happens. Everything is perfectly still. Then we see the home movie which burns up at the end. Very eerie and moving. I love that video. :)

So now you know....;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Badaboom on 11/13/04 at 10:53 am

YES! Extremely nice! Thx a LOT!!! Much appreciated!

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 11/13/04 at 10:56 am

On a side note (and yes, I know I'm waffling...:D), if it's just the song you're looking for, Ultravox have much better songs than "Dancing With Tears In My Eyes." Everything from Ultravox! (1977 - when John Foxx was the singer as he was 'til 1979) to Lament (their last good album) is definitely worth checking out!! And then there are non-album tracks and B-sides from around that time, too....;)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Badaboom on 11/13/04 at 11:01 am

D'oh! You beat me to it!!!!!!!! :D Yes, that's probably the one, except I don't think they were actually watching the film. The video ends with a lovely home movie of Midge with "wife and child" goofing around in the back garden (I believe it was the back garden of Midge's home then), and then the film burns up. Here's a brief synopsis of the video itself (hey, it's my favourite video of all time, by my favourite band, and it was played on RetroRequest for me some weeks back. Cut me some slack!) :D OK, here goes:

We begin at a nuclear power plant (I think). A warning goes up that a nuclear explosion is imminent. The workers in the plant (which include members of Ultravox) are in a state of panic. Midge Ure is driving down the road when he sees a mass of people panicking in the street. He notices the warning about the explosion on a television screen and gets out of his car and runs home. His wife is on the phone, very upset, when she sees Midge. They embrace, put some music on (on a very cool turntable which I have wanted ever since I first saw that video!), slow dance, look in on their son, and then lie down and cuddle under a white sheet on the floor. Then the explosion happens. Everything is perfectly still. Then we see the home movie which burns up at the end. Very eerie and moving. I love that video. :)

So now you know....;D

Absolutely Vile

AND THIS WAS EVEN BETTER!!! I o u BIG time! U should see the happy face of my wife right now...   The headache went away really fast... :D
Thanks extremely much!!!

Thx also for the waffling... We'll need to revisit Ultravox again. I might not have listened to them in years.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 11/13/04 at 11:18 am

AND THIS WAS EVEN BETTER!!! I o u BIG time! U should see the happy face of my wife right now...   The headache went away really fast... :D
Thanks extremely much!!!

Thx also for the waffling... We'll need to revisit Ultravox again. I might not have listened to them in years.

Oh, you must revisit Ultravox again! Wonderful band, and I love them to death!!!!!!!! If you ever need to know anything about Ultravox, let me know. I could probably help or direct you to someone who can! ;)

Absolutely Vile

Check for new replies or respond here...