inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's Cartoons

Written By: onaree on 11/19/04 at 8:47 am

Does anybody remember these cartoons?

The Biskitts--tiny dogs that lived in a castle.

The Paw Paws--bears that were American Indians.  I remember Princess Paw Paw.

I can't remember the name of this one, but it was one of my faves.  It was on ABC and was about a group of dogs.  Petey, the pup, was trying to get back home to his family.  There was a little girl dog, Dolly; the leader was Duke (I thought he was cool because he wore a bandana around his neck); Lucky (I think he was a grayhound); and there were two other dogs.  I loved this cartoon.

Subject: Re: 80's Cartoons

Written By: Icemaidnrebix on 11/19/04 at 5:33 pm

I used to watch all 3, I can't for the life of me remember the name of the dog one at the bottom.  didn't Princess Paw Paw have a flying horse called silver cloud and her friend had a flying horse called lightning or something..I can barely remember.,....

Written By: woops on 11/19/04 at 5:48 pm

I can't remember the name of this one, but it was one of my faves.  It was on ABC and was about a group of dogs.  Petey, the pup, was trying to get back home to his family.  There was a little girl dog, Dolly; the leader was Duke (I thought he was cool because he wore a bandana around his neck); Lucky (I think he was a grayhound); and there were two other dogs.  I loved this cartoon.

It's "Foofur" , I think.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/20/04 at 3:45 am

I remember "Foofur" and "the Paw Paws".

Tanya

Written By: Howard on 11/21/04 at 7:44 pm

What year did they come on television? ???

Howard

Written By: woops on 11/21/04 at 11:32 pm

What year did they come on television? ???

Howard

I remember "Foofur" being on around 1986/1987.

And I think "Paw Paws" were on in the mid '80's. (I only recal  repeats...)

Written By: onaree on 11/22/04 at 8:25 am

It's "Foofur" , I think.

It wasn't Foofur.  I did some research on it and found out it was The Puppy's Great Adventure or something like that. 

What about Kissyfur?  Anybody remember that one?

Written By: Mangoo on 11/25/04 at 8:24 am

The Biskitts--tiny dogs that lived in a castle.

The Paw Paws--bears that were American Indians.  I remember Princess Paw Paw.

Yeah I rememeber the Biskitts.Remeber Petie the Puppy too there was also a St. Benard in that group I think his name was Lucky.The greyhound was named Dash and the female was Dolly.

Written By: Rhiannon on 11/26/04 at 2:07 pm

How about:
He-Man
Robotman
Jem and the Holograms
Go-Bots
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Alvin and the Chipmunks (the new ones, that is)
The New Archies... ;D

Written By: Heathcliff on 11/26/04 at 4:35 pm

I don't even have to say which cartoon of the 80s I liked best... it's rather obvious :D

Written By: roboqueen on 11/27/04 at 12:08 am

I remember all of those!

I loved Jem & the paw paw Bears best.

I was a weird kid. I watched cartoons way too long. I wanted to be Cleo on Heathcliff & I wanted to be Cheetara on Thunder cats & I wanted to be Jem & I wanted to be Smurfetta & Rainbowbrite & Strawberry shortcake.

Not all in that order mind you.
As each one came out.

Written By: christine582001 on 12/01/04 at 12:46 am

Jem was definately the best!!Anyone know where i can get the jem seasons or doll in canada??

Written By: onaree on 12/01/04 at 10:54 am

I loved Jem!  I wanted to be Jem.  Although, if I had been Jem, I would've picked the Stinger dude instead of Rio. 

Written By: storm72877 on 12/03/04 at 2:25 am

Yeah I remember the Biskitts.Remember Petie the Puppy too there was also a St. Bernard in that group I think his name was Lucky.The greyhound was named Dash and the female was Dolly.

The name of that show was The Puppys Greatest Adventures. The St. Bernards' name was Lucky. That was my favorite show.  I've been looking everywhere for the board game I had when I was little about that show but I can't find it.

Written By: saver on 12/03/04 at 5:42 pm

How about:
He-Man
Robotman
Jem and the Holograms
Go-Bots
Alvin and the Chipmunks (the new ones, that is)
The New Archies... ;D

WOW! So glad someone remembered Robotman!
It was big in China and still to this day in SEATTLE at the downtown park (with the rides), they have a sign that tells you how tall you must be to ride and it is of ROBOTMAN holding up his hand!!

It was basically a pilot type show with 3 episodes some tv stations showed them all run together.

I still have a Robotman doll(toys-r-us sold it )and I have a pin/button that when activated it plays the theme song!

I also met a few of the characters-two went on to be  voices on the Muppet Babies!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/03/04 at 10:04 pm

WOW! So glad someone remembered Robotman!
It was big in China and still to this day in SEATTLE at the downtown park (with the rides), they have a sign that tells you how tall you must be to ride and it is of ROBOTMAN holding up his hand!!

It was basically a pilot type show with 3 episodes some tv stations showed them all run together.

I still have a Robotman doll(toys-r-us sold it )and I have a pin/button that when activated it plays the theme song!

I also met a few of the characters-two went on to be  voices on the Muppet Babies!

I remember Robot-Man, and I kind of found the theme song annoying....... thanks now I can't get it out my head!!!!!!!  ::)  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/03/04 at 10:16 pm

My favorites where:

The Smurfs
Thundercats
The Real Ghostbusters
A Pup Named Scooby Doo
G.I. Joe
The Gummi Bears
He-Man and The Masters of The Universe
Garfield and Friends
Ewoks
Droids
Inspector Gadget

Whewwwww!!!!1  ::)  ;D
Droids

Written By: Rhiannon on 12/06/04 at 9:56 am

Yes!  Jaime you totally named some of my all time faves that I forgot about!  Inspector Gadget ruled (a Canadian cartoon I might add!), LOVED the Gummi Bears and The Real Ghost Busters ruled!  I had a Peter Venkman toy and a big ghost that you put slime in his mouth and you pumped his tail and he blew slime bubbles (not Slimer but another ghost cause Slimer was their friend in the cartoon!)  Thanks for bringing back some great memories! ::) 

Written By: wing on 04/04/05 at 9:23 pm

OMG!!! I was searching around google for this show that everyone knows about but noone knows the name of. Yeah, the one with the bears and the totem pole which was made up of an eagle, a bear and a turtle that came to life and kicked ass. Yep, it's 'The Paw Paw Bears'! Amazing show. Funny thing is that even the site said that noone can remember anything except for the totem pole. That goes for me and everyone else I know... strange isn't it?!?

Written By: Sugafairey on 04/05/05 at 8:56 am

Jem was great but what about....

She-ra????

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/05/05 at 2:38 pm

Jem was great but what about....

She-ra????

It was ok, the half koala, half owl creature, was weird looking though.

Written By: Todd Z on 04/05/05 at 3:41 pm

Saturday Supercade!!

Written By: Sugafairey on 04/05/05 at 7:56 pm

It was ok, the half koala, half owl creature, was weird looking though.

It was called Kowl, see what they did there??

Written By: evel steve on 04/21/05 at 4:57 pm

I have alot of these 80's cartoons on video. I can only sell the out-of-print ones.These are not crappy bootlegs, but CLEAR and vivid dvd-r transfers direct from the FACTORY video sources. Email me for rates. Serious only please.

:)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/21/05 at 9:14 pm

It was called Kowl, see what they did there??

Freaking genius....  ::)  ;D

Written By: Bobby76 on 04/22/05 at 11:07 am

Wow talk about mentioning 2 of my fave cartoons! I loved the Biskitts and loved the PawPaws even more. I'm still hoping they may come out on dvd. I also love the usual GI Joe, Jem, He-man,MASK but i really loved the kiddies ones too... even Monchichis, Ewoks, Care Bears.

Written By: Stompgal on 10/15/10 at 4:00 am

I've been looking for a topic like this for ages because I watched a few 80s cartoons as a kid. Here are my favourites:

Care Bears (I had at least one video but none of the toys)
My Little Pony (I had three videos when I was very young and  I also had the movie)
The Shoe People
The Family Ness
Jimbo
The Raggy Dolls
Pigeon Street
Inspector Gadget (repeats on ITV)
A Pup Named Scooby Doo (repeats on Cartoon Network)
RlThe Flintstone Kids (repeats on Cartoon Network)

Check for new replies or respond here...