inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Noid

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/21/04 at 11:08 pm

Does anyone here remember The Noid, from Domino's Pizza ads? How long did they run them?

http://www.animateclay.com/noidnolink.jpg

Subject: Re: The Noid

Written By: woops on 11/21/04 at 11:28 pm

Around the late '80's like 1987. The last time I saw it was in the early '90's. (1990 or 1991)

Written By: chel-bert on 11/21/04 at 11:31 pm

Does anyone here remember The Noid, from Domino's Pizza ads? How long did they run them?

I remember him, always been a big fan of claymation. I really miss Mr. Bill from SNL. If i remember correctly he inspired a pizza hut commercial with a claymation pizza slice. mmmmmmm, claaayyy.

and according to the Unnoficial Noid Home page (http://www.angelfire.com/80s/noid/)

"The Noid was an advertising mascot for Dominos Pizza in the late 1980's,and early 90's.If you were around then you'd remember his many clayamation TV commercials.He would always try to destroy people's pizza,much like an evil Tricks rabbit.

The Dominoes Noid was born sometime in 1984,and ceased all broadcast in 1992."
Soooo, for 8 years we had to avoid the noid.lol

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/22/04 at 8:29 am

They should bring The Noid back!  ;D

Written By: nally on 11/22/04 at 3:47 pm

I remember him; he hung around well into the early 90s. In fact, I had a Domino's Pizza calendar one year in the early 90s (I forget which one) that had the "Donny" and "Dotty" characters in the pictures; Mr. Noid was not in all of them.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/22/04 at 3:55 pm

I remember him.

Tanya

Written By: Howard on 11/22/04 at 5:31 pm

What was his character about?

Howard

Written By: Howard on 11/22/04 at 5:32 pm

They should bring The Noid back!  ;D

If he does come back we'll still be avoiding the noid. ;D

Howard

Written By: Mr. X on 11/23/04 at 10:58 am

He kinda looks like the Whammy from "Press Your Luck." Only his ears are longer.

Written By: Abercrombie86 on 11/23/04 at 12:02 pm

Dude! I honestly remeber the Noid. dominos totally banked with that one. they should have kept him. I have the video game too! :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/23/04 at 12:15 pm

What was his character about?

Howard

He tried to destroy and or steal pizzas.....

Written By: Howard on 11/23/04 at 4:58 pm

I wish they'd bring him back.We gotta keep on avoiding the Noid. ;D

Howard

Written By: nally on 11/25/04 at 12:43 am

I remember him; he hung around well into the early 90s. In fact, I had a Domino's Pizza calendar one year in the early 90s (I forget which one) that had the "Donny" and "Dotty" characters in the pictures; Mr. Noid was not in all of them.

I just remembered...it was my 1994 calendar. Mr. Noid was in all the pictures except for those of July and December.

Written By: Steve Hargrave on 11/25/04 at 3:57 am

If I recall correctly, this Noid advertising campaign began shortly after Dominos caught a lot of heat for several of their delivery drivers getting killed in auto accidents while trying to fulfill Domino's "30 minutes, or it's free" delivery guarantee.  This prompted many people to declare it a cover-up campaign.

Written By: Howard on 11/25/04 at 7:21 pm

from what I remember,The Noid had such a funny voice. ;D

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...