inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who made this clothing, I need help?

Written By: dcs84 on 11/22/04 at 7:58 am

I remember a type of clothing from the latter part of the 80's.  It was mainly worn by girls but guys wore it also.  Basically it seemed to be very popular in about 1988.  I remember it was a tank top in pastel colours but mainly white and it had a shield/crest in the centre (that was all that was on it).  It looked kind of like an eagle but whenever I saw it it reminded me of a "west German" rowing singlet or something, does that sound crazy?  I think it was something by Esprit or Adidas.  Can someone tell me what this mystery fashion was, who made it?

Subject: Re: Who made this clothing, I need help?

Written By: skydiverchris on 11/22/04 at 5:33 pm

It's a west german army (bundeswehr) tank top. The white one's were army issue and the colored ones were fashion knock-offs. You can find them online at www.omahas.com , just searh for "bundeswehr".

Hope this helps.

Subject: Re: Who made this clothing, I need help?

Written By: dcs84 on 11/23/04 at 2:10 am

It's a west german army (bundeswehr) tank top. The white one's were army issue and the colored ones were fashion knock-offs. You can find them online at www.omahas.com , just searh for "bundeswehr".

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much, for roughly 18 years I have been trying to work out who made these tops.  That's them allright, I lived in Westchester County outside New York for about 6 years in the 80's and many of the 'kids' wore these tops.  Thanks again, this is great, I going to buy one.

Check for new replies or respond here...