inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Eighties movies-horror or otherwise

Written By: Rhiannon on 11/22/04 at 1:15 pm

Hi!  I'm a big fan of 80's movies, especially horror ones.  If anybody has any questions or wants to discuss them, please do!!!!!

Subject: Re: Eighties movies-horror or otherwise

Written By: rubixgirl on 11/22/04 at 1:25 pm

What are your faves?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/22/04 at 1:30 pm

I have alot of favorites myself, one of them have to be Poltergeist, it's a good movie, but it's creep and scary as well!

Written By: rubixgirl on 11/22/04 at 2:33 pm

My favorite horror series is Nightmare on Elm Street. But I do like not-so-mainstream horror films like Sleepaway Camp, Subspecies, etc.

Written By: Rhiannon on 11/22/04 at 3:52 pm

My favorite horror series is Nightmare on Elm Street. But I do like not-so-mainstream horror films like Sleepaway Camp, Subspecies, etc.
A woman after my own heart!  Yeah...the Nightmare series are really the best (who else thought Freddie should have won in Freddy VS Jason?  He totally didn't kill enough people!).

Yes...the non-mainstream are my faves as well...here are some names off the top of my head...Burnt Offerings (Bette Davis-wicked!), Spine, Thou Shalt Not Kill, Except..., any Evil Dead, The Company of Wolves, Dawn & Day of the Dead, American Gothic (awesome!), John Carpenter's The Thing (the one with Kurt Russell), The Blood on Satan's Claw...and so forth!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/22/04 at 3:58 pm

A woman after my own heart!  Yeah...the Nightmare series are really the best (who else thought Freddie should have won in Freddy VS Jason?  He totally didn't kill enough people!).

Yes...the non-mainstream are my faves as well...here are some names off the top of my head...Burnt Offerings (Bette Davis-wicked!), Spine, Thou Shalt Not Kill, Except..., any Evil Dead, The Company of Wolves, Dawn & Day of the Dead, American Gothic (awesome!), John Carpenter's The Thing (the one with Kurt Russell), The Blood on Satan's Claw...and so forth!

Evil Dead and The Thing rule!!!!!!!!!!!!  8)

Written By: rubixgirl on 11/22/04 at 4:02 pm

I like the campy horror like Evil Dead as well. I even have a downloaded version of Into the Woods which was the prequel to the Evil Dead films, before Sam Raimi had much of a budget. It's pretty cool.

I like Basket Case, Its Alive, Creepshow....gosh, there are so many to name.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/22/04 at 4:10 pm

I like the campy horror like Evil Dead as well. I even have a downloaded version of Into the Woods which was the prequel to the Evil Dead films, before Sam Raimi had much of a budget. It's pretty cool.

I like Basket Case, Its Alive, Creepshow....gosh, there are so many to name.

Creepshow is also good.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 11/22/04 at 4:20 pm

i loved hellraiser.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/22/04 at 4:21 pm

i loved hellraiser.

The Fog is good also.

Written By: rubixgirl on 11/22/04 at 4:21 pm

i loved hellraiser.
Hellraiser rocked! Especially the first one. I loved the graininess of it.

Written By: Howard on 11/22/04 at 5:28 pm

Fright Night
Nightmare On Elm Street

Howard

Written By: woops on 11/22/04 at 6:33 pm

The only slasher flick I can tolerate is "The Funhouse" since it relied on suspense instead of constand gore. (BTW, I don't mind violence in movies/tv) Sure it's cheesy, but it's filled with predictible scenes & corny acting.  :D

Though it's from the same person who directed the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre".

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/22/04 at 9:29 pm

Fright Night
Nightmare On Elm Street

Howard

Good call, Howard!!!!!!!!!!  8)

Written By: Rhiannon on 11/23/04 at 11:10 am

Wow!  You guys named some that I totally forgot about!  I saw the Funhouse on A&E (believe it or not) and It's Alive totally rocked...never saw the sequel though...apparently they put all of the babies on an island in the Pacific or something.  Oh yeah...I didn't know Into the Woods was a prequel for Evil Dead!  Can you still rent that one?

Anybody ever see Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things?  I never have but always wanted to...I live in a very small town in Nova Scotia so we miss out on all those old 80's horror movies...the VHS tapes just got too old and instead of replacing them the video stores just throw them out (sucky :P)

Yes, my god, how could I ever forget about Hellraiser?

Anybody ever see the movie Ssssssnake?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/23/04 at 12:17 pm

Wow!  You guys named some that I totally forgot about!  I saw the Funhouse on A&E (believe it or not) and It's Alive totally rocked...never saw the sequel though...apparently they put all of the babies on an island in the Pacific or something.  Oh yeah...I didn't know Into the Woods was a prequel for Evil Dead!  Can you still rent that one?

Anybody ever see Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things?  I never have but always wanted to...I live in a very small town in Nova Scotia so we miss out on all those old 80's horror movies...the VHS tapes just got too old and instead of replacing them the video stores just throw them out (sucky :P)

Yes, my god, how could I ever forget about Hellraiser?

Anybody ever see the movie Ssssssnake?

Ah.... a fellow Canadian!!!!!!!!! I am from Ontario!  :)

Written By: rubixgirl on 11/23/04 at 12:51 pm

Oh yeah...I didn't know Into the Woods was a prequel for Evil Dead!  Can you still rent that one?

I never have but always wanted to...I live in a very small town in Nova Scotia so we miss out on all those old 80's horror movies...the VHS tapes just got too old and instead of replacing them the video stores just throw them out (sucky :P)

Try www.half.com for old VHS horror movies at really good prices. I love to shop there for rare or out of print movies/music.

I'm not sure if Into the Woods is on VHS or not, I downloaded from kazaa. I wish I had a DVD burner.  :-\\

Written By: Rhiannno on 11/23/04 at 1:54 pm

Hey everyone!

Check out these titles...any memories here?
The Howling :)
Cat's Eye ::)
The Dead Zone :)
The Fly ::)
The Lost Boys :D
Near Dark ;)
Watcher in the Woods (God I love Bette Davis!) ;D
Any Halloween :)
The Hills Have Eyes ;)
House By the Cemetery ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...