inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Having 80's punk party, need clothing ideas

Written By: Jesse on 11/22/04 at 7:47 pm

im having an 80's punk theme party. i need as many ideas as possible. not just for myself, but to help out people who have no clue what-so-ever in what to wear. so if you could, please tell me some ideas you have that this party needs. ive got a pretty good idea with what im going to be wearing, but i want variety too.

Subject: Re: Having 80's punk party, need clothing ideas

Written By: Rhiannon on 11/23/04 at 11:18 am

Liberty spikes, mohawks, ripped shirts held together with safety pins, Docs/combat boots, and "pointy" eye makeup-kinda like KISS but not so arena rock 8)

Written By: bj26 on 11/23/04 at 12:13 pm

I'm no Calvin Klein but I saw lady dressed this way and I liked the style!  Tight  blue jeans, heeled ankle boots, tube blouse (baring one or both shoulders) and a spiked dog collar ;)

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 11/23/04 at 7:47 pm

I was a punk in the 80s, in as much as my anally-retentive father would allow. My signature was my odd floro socks, a la Punky Brewster, worn over black fishnet tights. I also wore a very tight black T-shirt, made from an old cut-off leotard -in fact I even slept in it, OH, THE STENCH!!!
Cheers,
Dee  :-*
Ps: And another thing too, odd earrings all the way, the bigger the better. I would wear my plain sleepers to school, but as sooon as I got home, I would attatch a ring full of old keys on one side. I would get thru arround half a tube of gel on the average day, too. Sometimes a teacher would try and take a comb to my wild, wild locks. Not a hope in hell, they were pretty solid! Ah, the memories.....

Check for new replies or respond here...