inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Pink Lady & Jeff"...How horrible was it?

Written By: woops on 11/22/04 at 7:50 pm

I know it's one of the All Time worst tv shows ever made & onlt lasted a few episodes. (For some odd reason, it's available on DVD)  :P

Was it "guilty pleasure" bad like "Baywatch" (BTW, I also don't like that  show. It's an example)

Or just plain bad like "Cop Rock".

Though I've never watched the show, the name popped into my head while watching a few minutes  of an awful show on Cartoon Network (don't ask, I was flippong channels) about a J Pop act named Puffy Ami Yumi.  (BTW, they're just as awful as Britney Spears & The Spice Girls, I'm not into current bubblegum pop  :P)

Any thoughts about one of the worst shows of all time.

Subject: Re: "Pink Lady & Jeff"...How horrible was it?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/22/04 at 9:25 pm

I know it's one of the All Time worst tv shows ever made & onlt lasted a few episodes. (For some odd reason, it's available on DVD)  :P

Was it "guilty pleasure" bad like "Baywatch" (BTW, I also don't like that  show. It's an example)

Or just plain bad like "Cop Rock".

Though I've never watched the show, the name popped into my head while watching a few minutes  of an awful show on Cartoon Network (don't ask, I was flippong channels) about a J Pop act named Puffy Ami Yumi.  (BTW, they're just as awful as Britney Spears & The Spice Girls, I'm not into current bubblegum pop  :P)

Oh yeah.......... Cop Rock......... now that's a BAD show!  ::)  ;D

http://www.calpoliceimage.org/Mutual2.jpg

Any thoughts about one of the worst shows of all time.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/23/04 at 12:59 am

It was very bad. I was much younger when it came out. But, I saw episodes on TV Land! It was just a waste of time. I'd rather watch Cop Rock.

Tanya

Written By: woops on 11/23/04 at 4:02 am

I've added a poll. And voted "Don't Care" since I have no interest of watching this garbage.  :P

And I'd rather watch "The Cosby Show", or it's current animated counterpart "Fatherhood",  than this wretched show.  :P

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/23/04 at 2:01 pm

Now, what's your problem with The Cosby show and Fatherhood? They are good shows. They do not compare to Pink Lady and Jeff.

Tanya

Written By: woops on 11/23/04 at 4:43 pm

Now, what's your problem with The Cosby show and Fatherhood? They are good shows. They do not compare to Pink Lady and Jeff.

Tanya

"The Cosby Show"...too corny, bland, and most family sitcoms aren't/weren't watchable...except for a few like "Gidget" &  "The Brady Bunch" for camp.

"Fatherhood"... also bland, not funny, overly sappy, preachy,  and is consider "The Anti Simpsons"...

BTW, I'm not a member of the Toon Zone forums, but I tend to read reviews from it.

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=120005&highlight=fatherhood

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/23/04 at 5:36 pm

It's bland now, but when it premiered it was actually good.

Tanya

Check for new replies or respond here...